Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#106738 08/23/2001 12:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 6
I'm fairly new to using UBB (~2 months), so I must say up front what a great site this is. Many thanks to all the developers and webmasters.

I have a question, and I apologize if it's already been answered/discussed on the forums here, but I can't get the search feature to work (it always returns 0 hits, even when searching for some very common words). If my question below HAS already been discussed, please just point me to the appropriate forum and topic(s).


My question:

I really like the menu bar at the top of both the "normal" html pages, and the forum pages on this site ("Home - Forums - Database - ..."). It's very well done, integrating the entire site, and I'd like to implement something similar on my own site. Would the site ownners/developers be willing to share the code & methods necessary to do this?

I've looked at the source code for the page, and see that the menus are of course accomplished with javascript. I also have the "HM_Loader.js" file which I believe is necessary, right? I believe I can identify the specific range of code within the main forum page that accomplishes the building of the menus, but I still have some remaining questions:

- In the source code, do the items "elMenu1", "elMenu2", etc. refer to another .js file that I'd need to get or write?

- It looks like the html/java code to build the menus is placed in the UBB "Header Insert" field for the standard "Style". Is this correct, or does it go in the "Header" field or somewhere else?

- Other than the source html/java code that I can view/download from the main UBBDEV forum summary page, and the "HM_Loader.js" javascript file, are there any other .js files or resources I need?

- I *have* done a few hacks (others' and my own) to my UBB installation, but I'm still fairly new to UBB. Are there any other special instructions/tips/etc. I'd need to have to build these menus?


Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give me.

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
The UBB Dev Menu Bar Ski_EX5 08/23/2001 7:44 PM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar AllenAyres 08/23/2001 8:00 PM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar Ski_EX5 08/23/2001 8:41 PM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar AllenAyres 08/24/2001 7:49 AM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar RandyM 08/25/2001 8:15 AM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar SsjGoku4 08/28/2001 9:47 AM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar Ski_EX5 08/29/2001 2:07 AM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar AllenAyres 08/29/2001 7:16 AM
Re: The UBB Dev Menu Bar MZ 10/08/2001 2:04 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Posts: 87
Joined: December 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 6968
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 7
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)