Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
quote:
I dont think that is an important issue at all. We have already seen "rewrites" of 6.0x hacks for UBB 6.1 with new functions included that is not included in the comparing 6.0x hacks.
Everyone are interested to have every new function made for a hack, also people using 6.0x boards.
quote:
Ofcourse, almost everyone wants to upgrade, me to. But I have a family, a house, kids, busy at work etc. etc., and I dont have enough money for everything at the moment. Also I have used enough time hacking and testing and implementing, among a lot of other things I also working on in my speartime, time that my family think I could have spent with them instead. They dont want me to start hacking a new board from ground up.

I am 37. Here are a lot of young people that have NO MONEY at all. They have payd a lot of money for their UBB, they are paying for webhosting, and a lot of other things young people wants to spend their small amount of money on.
Many of them cant afford members area subscription to be able to upgrade.

Many of them are very talented people, and have made enormous amount of time an effort to make their boards into spaceships. Some of them dont want to start the whole process doing it again and again.
Many of them probably will stay with their 6.0x boards

And what about the 5.xx boards?
I still see a lot of those boards around, and there are still a lot of traffic in the 5 forums here at UBBDev. That actually says that there are a lot of people that havent even upgraded to the 6.0x boards, and their STILL MAKING HACKS, and fixin and helping and developing for that old "sh*it". It isnt sh*it for them, they love it. Why havent those people upgraded?

quote:
How many 6.0x boards are out there..10.000?..20.000? I guess there are hundreds, also among the UBBDev members, still running 6.0x boards that would be more than happy to do every testing necessary before a hack is released. That should not be a problem at all.
quote:
I am shure the Infopops will be very happy, if everyone stops to make and maintain hacks for the 6.0x boards.
A lot of new hacks, and upgrading of old hacks with implementation of new nice functions only available for 6.1(6.2 & Gold) boards, will have a nice effect on their income, as those who wants to use that new hacks will be forced to buy a new board, or renew their members area access.

I do NOT belief that this is the policy of UBBDev.
As it says in Our Privacy Statement of UBBDev;
quote:
That is very nice to see. It is very nice to see, that UBBDev are paying respect to those nearly 11.000 members that, among the highly respected coders, actually make UBBDev the attractive community it is today.
It is very nice to know, that UBBDev, now and in the future, also will take good care of all those members that choose to stay with their 6.0x boards, well reminded that those people have made a considerable effort in bugtesting hacks, making suggestions and everything else that has made this place grow big.
It is my belief, that UBBDev will be doing EVERYTHING in their power, to make shure also those 6.0x boards users, can feel comfortable that ANY NEW 6.X hack will be tested for 6.0x compability as long as its possible. This also include providing the 6.0x members enough information and facts about the hacks made.

My contribution to this issue, is my suggestion that the new hacks made, or old hacks further developed, gets a compability flag in new topic header, or information provided in the introduction message that tells the members if this hack is 6.0x compatible or not.

This would be a good service for everyone in the community, also for the respected 6.0x members. They should not have to do any more unnecessary effort and hard digging to find out about a hack than the 6.1 members, when the info easily can be provided in the introduction message.

Another good side effect of this, would be that no-one needs to spam the hacktopics with compability questions.

Things like this, is part of what makes UBBDev a reputation of beeing a highly professional, userfriendly, and not to forget, INDEPENDENT UBB support community.

Cheers wink

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: kaukagaul ]

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header kaukagaul 08/01/2001 2:25 PM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header Tech-Ni-Kal 08/01/2001 10:26 PM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header kaukagaul 08/02/2001 12:46 AM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header Tech-Ni-Kal 08/02/2001 12:50 AM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header kaukagaul 08/02/2001 7:09 AM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header Travis 08/02/2001 7:41 AM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header Travis 08/02/2001 7:57 AM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header kaukagaul 08/02/2001 12:48 PM
Re: UBB 6.0x compatible statement flag in topic header LK 08/02/2001 1:16 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63