Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 339
Kahuna
Kahuna
Offline
Joined: Sep 1999
Posts: 339
I see your points and agree... to me here would be the best option:

The 'delete this post' feature would be for admins and moderators ONLY...

When a post gets deleted, it really isn't deleted but rather moved to a deleted folder in the admin section. The way I do this now is with an admin-only 'deleted' forum... so I can keep a copy of everything deleted for future reference.

The problem with deleting individual messages is there... I think that has something to do with there being replies to that post, because if you delete a message that has no replies, it is GONE. Yes, that I like.

So what I would say is that when a post gets deleted, it should be moved to a deleted folder and completely removed from the public forum.

And yes, editing by admins shouldn't mark on the post, I don't think. I have edited messages that were posted incorrectly (i.e. they didn't let their text flow in the body box when posting) and then get accused of 'censoring content', etc.

I hope I didn't jumble my words... I still don't type as fast as the thoughts come. []/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/]

Muhammad Chishti
Creative dIRECTOR
[:white]http://www.imcuniverse.com


Muhammad
Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 1:36 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested josetann 11/21/2000 1:51 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 2:26 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Muhammad 11/21/2000 3:22 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Rick 11/21/2000 3:39 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Muhammad 11/21/2000 4:16 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 5:24 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Rick 11/21/2000 5:33 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 5:51 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 11:03 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested MTO 11/21/2000 11:16 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Muhammad 11/21/2000 11:19 PM
Re: Admins and Moderators anonymous actions requested Muhammad 11/21/2000 11:21 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Posts: 808
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4876
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 1
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)