Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jun 1999
Posts: 17
Newbie
Newbie
Offline
Joined: Jun 1999
Posts: 17
I am offering the message boards for people, mainly 'guilds' for on-line games that could not afford any Message Boards Hosting nor to buy a complete product set.

The license says :

This license for WWWThreads Pro allows you to have an unlimited number
of instances of the software for a single domain. If you plan on
running WWWThreads under multiple domains or subdomains then you must by
additional licenses for each domain or subdomain.

Basically, I am running only 1 set of the Message Boards, linked between 2 directories. It's under the same domain, in fact, every message boards have the same URL with a modified # as one of its setting... I modified a lot the boards to allow this, I spent over 4 months doing this, and I do not give the source, nor distribute it, nor ask any money.

It's my way to give a chance for people who are still a student.

As you can see, it's really something I do for the community, and I even leave the link to WWWThreads publically known if they want to buy their own license for WWWThreads and to have access to the source code. I even didn't modify the FAQ which gives more info about WWWThreads.

So, i'm helping the poor people while doing publicity for WWWThreads, how can this be illegal?

I also did the same thing using UBB and everything was fine.

Frederic Hutow


Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Come see my modified WWWThreads... Fhutow 12/26/2000 2:27 AM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... Eileen 12/26/2000 3:10 AM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... Fhutow 12/26/2000 1:01 PM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... Eileen 12/26/2000 7:19 PM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... MTO 12/26/2000 8:11 PM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... Fhutow 12/26/2000 8:18 PM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... Eileen 12/26/2000 8:48 PM
Re: Come see my modified WWWThreads... poil 12/26/2000 9:33 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 5263
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 5
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)