Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
joeuser #221760 07/30/2002 7:51 PM
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,715
Addict
Addict
Joined: May 1999
Posts: 1,715
Yeah, most things are hard when you don't know how to do it. =]

I do think I'll stick to Perl or bash for small console scripts though. But then again, I never believed I would switch ove to PHP for the web scripts either but now I do almost all web scriptíng with it.

I've had trouble upgrading PHP before, but now it is a breeze. After I installed the 4.2.2 security release I did a lot of tweaking to get everything right but now I have it just the way I want it. Still have to recompile Apache though, which wasn't fun at all last time, but I think I have come to terms with it now. =] Just have to change some of the settings and compile all modules as dynamic instead of static (which was a mistake anyway).


Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Console I/O Dave_L_dup1 07/27/2002 8:54 PM
Re: Console I/O Gardener 07/29/2002 8:40 PM
Re: Console I/O Dave_L_dup1 07/30/2002 11:40 PM
Re: Console I/O Gardener 07/31/2002 2:51 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4570
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 27
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)