Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 51
Power User
Power User
Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 51
Sorry for jumping around so much in my initial post... My wife was yelling at me to "get off my butt and go to the store with her before the sale ended blah bah blah blah" and it was a bit difficult to concentrate

First let me say thanks for all the replies and PM's thus far. If your goal here is a community youv'e certainly got some fine members to build it on.

I would also like to apologize for my ignorance up front. I wish I had more time to read through the site and familarize myself with both UBBT as well as this web site before I posted here. Im taking a crash course on both as I go along.

From some of the messages I have received I realized I made a tremendous amount of assumptions and am now suffering the usual consequences for doing so

When I bought my first copy of ubb it was the only product infopop had. Other than to download the latest version I rarely visited infopop's site. So when ubb.threads came out I naturally assumed that it was developed in-house based on the classic. Most of my confusion and disappointment stem from this assumption.

I read a comparison checklist that showed compared ubb.classic and ubb.threads side by side showing the difference in features. It is pretty clear to me however that these two products couldnt be any more different. The upgrade from classic to UBBT was equivalent to being thrown into a completely alien environment without a flashlight.

I am confident once this shock wears off and people actually learn all the features everything will be great. The trouble is they are thinking of ubb.classic when they begin looking for the "new features" when essentially everything they are looking at is new by comparision. They cant see the forest for all the trees..

I posted a few topics telling people to "Just click the 'My Home' button and look at all the stuff you can do!" The actual process of populating the "My Home" page is completely counterintuitive however and most members are simply confused. I touched on this a bit earlier regarding the location of the Favorite links on the forum and topic pages being hidden as well as the overall lack of explanation on how to use any of the features.

Joshpet, thanks so much for your efforts creating the "Maximize the MEASURECTION" forum/posts. With your permission, I would like to duplicate this forum as well as the posts contained therein verbatim as a temporary quick fix for my members. Several times over the past few days I had considered writing "how-to" posts just like yours but was never able to overcome the feelings of dread that arose at the thought

I have been talking with JustDave only briefly concerning IIP and that his new release would be for this beta version so before I can do anything, I have to upgrade my site! And that brings about my newest dillema:

Should I abandon my current ubb.threads (delete it), install a fresh copy of ubbt6.1 and use the new import tool? Doing this NOW would mean I only lose about 3 days worth of posts etc.. that were made right after the upgrade. The longer I wait the more Im going to lose... OR should I stick with what I have and just do an upgrade of my existing ubbt6.0.3 ? ? ? ?



Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/24/2002 12:16 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/24/2002 12:31 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/24/2002 12:33 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed msula 08/24/2002 12:37 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 08/24/2002 4:03 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 08/24/2002 4:12 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/24/2002 8:24 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/24/2002 8:37 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 08/24/2002 8:42 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/24/2002 9:29 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/24/2002 9:29 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Gardener 08/24/2002 5:02 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Aglavalin 08/25/2002 9:37 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/25/2002 5:34 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/26/2002 6:58 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/26/2002 8:36 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/26/2002 9:56 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/27/2002 4:23 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/27/2002 5:24 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/27/2002 5:24 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 08/27/2002 6:26 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/27/2002 8:00 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/27/2002 10:23 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/27/2002 12:43 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/28/2002 5:22 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/28/2002 7:58 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/28/2002 8:27 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Aglavalin 08/29/2002 2:20 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Dave_L_dup1 08/29/2002 3:13 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed msula 08/29/2002 3:24 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/29/2002 6:25 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 08/29/2002 8:17 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed webwolfe_dup1 08/29/2002 8:14 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed navaho 08/29/2002 10:40 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed ProStockJohn 04/29/2003 12:08 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 04/29/2003 3:01 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 04/29/2003 3:13 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed msula 04/29/2003 3:13 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AKD96 04/30/2003 12:14 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed ProStockJohn 04/30/2003 8:26 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Astaran 04/30/2003 9:07 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed msula 04/30/2003 10:29 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AKD96 05/01/2003 2:44 AM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Astaran 05/01/2003 2:15 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 05/01/2003 4:00 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed ProStockJohn 05/01/2003 7:16 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed Ian_W 05/01/2003 8:03 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed AllenAyres 05/01/2003 8:45 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed omegatron 05/01/2003 11:47 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed ProStockJohn 05/04/2003 10:21 PM
Re: Greatly Disappointed JoshPet 05/05/2003 1:41 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4613
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 10
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)