Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#270172 02/29/2004 12:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 474
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 474
Hi gang,

I have (fmforums.com) currently I have banner advertising for my members right now I charge 199 for a banner per year and 299 if they want a static square banner in the footer. Seems cheap compared to others but I just don't see how someone would pay $500 a month for a simple banner. - I know I never would - heck that is a truck payment!

I am trying to think of other methods to enhance or add value to advertisers to increase advertiser participation or create other marketing levels not only to increase the monthly/annual price but have different packages available.

I have been getting some small revenue from Google & Amazon programs. But I would like to have more participation w/ the community members.

Membership on our site is free. Therefore we don't anticipate changing this anytime. Some have suggested to create a value added area where certain forums are paid. or subscription only but I am not sure that this will provide much revenue.

I have both the Spider Hack and Josh's Search Engine mod and we are getting thousands of hits on google this I am sure will increase traffic. But I want to provide better service to my members by attracting more advertisers.

Maby some sort of incentive program to potential advertisers. Or perhaps some sort of - cash back program?

I have instituted an Open House program like it is here on threadsdev I hope this will bring out some of the members to advertise since they only are in the spotlight for a week they may say hey let's do this more often by purchasing advertising.

I also have another domain called - filemakermarketplace.com and want to build some sort of ad centric area there to help drive traffic.

Just looking for some advice I guess. I am sure many of you wrestle with this as well.

Thanks

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Making Revenue Sugguestions? oceanwest 02/29/2004 7:55 PM
Re: Making Revenue Sugguestions? msula 03/01/2004 4:55 AM
Re: Making Revenue Sugguestions? oceanwest 03/01/2004 10:43 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4364
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 4
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)