Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 18
Version: UBB.threads 6.5.5
Board: funtrivia.com/forums

I'm trying to read a custom field which was created in reg'n settings. I've added these two lines to the myhome.tmpl:
  • $user[U_Username]
    $user[U_Extra3]
When I go to MyHome the first line returns gtho4, but the second line returns a blank.

I've checked that the data for custom-field extra3 exists in the same file (it's visible in showprofile) by running these two SQL commands. Both return the number 30176, which is the correct value for extra3 belonging to uid 539 (myself):
  • SELECT U_Extra3 FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number='539'
    SELECT U_Extra3 FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username='gtho4'
What am I doing wrong .. is it do-able? I think I've done everything correctly, but have nothing more than a rudimentary knowledge of what's going on / what I'm doing, lol

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
The $user routine doesn't work gtho4 06/27/2007 12:04 AM
Re: The $user routine doesn't work AllenAyres 06/27/2007 12:44 AM
Re: The $user routine doesn't work Rick 06/27/2007 7:25 PM
Re: The $user routine doesn't work gtho4 06/28/2007 12:05 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4364
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 4
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)