OK, so I've decided to go to 6.4, mainly because I can have different html templates per forum. I was using Latest Threads as the guts of my homepage, and now I'm trying to figure out how to get the same data with Content Islands.
Main Problem: limited data. I figured out how to add the date next to the post title, but I really need to add the forum name as well so people can scan the list of topics and spot the one's that apply to them.
My "Top Story" section of the homepage needs to have a summary of the text, and I've got UBB News working for that. But the limitation there is that I need to have UBB News pull the latest topic from a group of forums, not the latest topic for each forum. Example, I want to pull the top story from 4 forums, but I only want to show the latest one from any of them. UBB News doesn't do that.
Any mods to the CI system would be a great help. Or suggestions on how to make Latest threads and UBB News work in 6.4...
Thanks,
Greg