Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#71756 05/04/2001 8:09 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 32
Junior Member
Junior Member
Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 32
Hi all,

I have got my 6.04 board sorted and its running fine. my forum However, I really want to add the 'on-line users' hack that this site uses as it would really help!

Could anyone advise me a) if I do this, how easy is it to strip it out in case I need infopop to look at any errors in the furure, and b) which hack is it? and d) how do I actually do it?

I have looked at the tutorials and can't find a nice clear explanation (read, idiot's guide :rolleyes: ) of how to do this. I run a Mac, have ftp access and am not scared of dipping into the cgi but don't want to cock the whole thing up and lose credibility if it all falls over. . .

As I understand it, is is a matter of copying certain files out of the cgi - opening them (in a simple text editor?) making the changes listed (keeping a copy of the original un-altered version) and dropping them all back in. . . If this is the case and if it doesn't work for some reason I can replace with the original unaltered files to get it back to where I started, then I think I will have a shot at it.

Basically I am running scared, so some support from all you codemeisters would be great. . . after all, you started somewhere!

Thanks in advance from a novice laugh

Poacher

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Where do I start? Poacher 05/04/2001 3:09 PM
Re: Where do I start? cal 05/04/2001 4:53 PM
Re: Where do I start? Poacher 05/04/2001 7:17 PM
Re: Where do I start? cal 05/04/2001 8:50 PM
Re: Where do I start? Dark Templar 05/06/2001 2:10 AM
Re: Where do I start? cal 05/06/2001 1:44 PM
Re: Where do I start? Poacher 05/08/2001 2:30 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Posts: 808
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4876
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 1
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)