Hey, chill..
One comment on the subject..
Design is as design does.. very few people can agree on what is good or bad design. It seems every time one of these contests happen, there are always criticisms and accolades, both from entrants and non-entrants. I'm sure those who judge the sites do so carefully and with consideration for various factors. I think, from reading comments in the past, the most heavily weighted factors are the appropriateness of a design for a site and a sites users. If you're not a user of a particular site, it might not appeal to you, or your tastes. I know personally I have no interest in emceearena or similar sites. However, if the users enjoy and appreciate a site, surely that's the most important?
Ok, so it was more than one comment, but arguments about design aren't really appropriate or even fair to the people who entered, the people who won and the people who didn't win.
On that note, any of you interested in discussing design as it relates to the web, may follow me to the topic I'm about to make in chitchat, where we can tear apart the design decisions of people we don't know (always a much more healthy approach).