Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Okay, so I tried this awesome DHTML from Peter Belesis called Hierarchical menus (which UBBDEV is also using, and I got it to work on my regular SHTML pages.

But for the life of me, it just REFUSES to work when I incorporate it into my forum pages. Is there something I need to include or modify for DHTML to run on CGI pages or somethin'? Am I missing something?

I have even made sure to upload all the necessary .JS files into both the non-UBB and UBB folder, and it still won't work.

Since UBBDEV uses the HM, I was wondering if you could help me with this.

Here is a link to a page with the HM working:
Working Hierarchical Menu

And here is a link to my test forums, where it is NOT working:
NOT Working Hierarchical Menu
(I have put in image placeholders for browsers like Opera, and the HM is just supposed to superimpose over it like it did in the working HM link above)...

Help! frown

[ May 13, 2001 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Canis Lupus ]

Sponsored Links
Like Canis we are playing around with that.

More important to me is, how it has to be done to change the size of the popDown´s . As you can see here at ubbdev they are about 140 pixels while the baselink in the header(which is a .gif-button) is just about 90 pixels wide.

by now i know that Allen made this script and so far as i can see, many people are working on that dhtml-stuff.

may be someone here at ubbdev should write a little tuto for that. for people which aren´t familiar with building hierachical files HM-Arrays are everything else than easy to configure..

would really love to see that, Allen...

[ May 13, 2001 05:58 AM: Message edited by: Marvin ]

ICQ# 11307124.
It's weird coz it works flawlessly in my other pages, but it just refuses to work when it is incorporated into the forums... My hunch was maybe another jscript code was clashing with it or something... I just couldn't find out why it isn't loading ...

I experience the same behavior when I tried to load another DHTML havigation script from DynamicDrive... it runs great on regular static pages, but it won't run in the forum's cgi pages ... so I think it's more on the forum script side of things rather than the actual DHTML itself...

In any case, Allen or Cal's help would be great appreciated...

Le bump laugh

I got it to work fine on my board. I set it up just like UBBDEV's - simple and functional. Where are the .JS files? I have all of the files in my /www directory.. no non UBB anything. I then just tell the header info to go get /blah.js <-- that way it goes straight to the /www directory to get it. It seems like its a case of your Template design is wrong ... make sure the Header code is pointing to the right directory to bring up the .JS files. If you need help let me know.

SVX
I would post my site... but its too stock right now to show off. laugh

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63