Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ok first off im a real newb at this kind of stuff and what im about to ask is going to be a bit long... Firstly go to Lord Dexter's site at http://ecom.thecwa.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi because that is what i need you people to look at in order to help me... Although his boards are verions 6.3.1 Beta Release 1.0 and mine is 6.2.1.1 i still think it should work... Anyways, here is what i want to ask:

Here is the my site that i want the changes to be made to: http://dbzgtunlimited.net/cgi-bin/bb/ultimatebb.cgi

1)How can i get a table similar to that one at the top (Welcome To Entertainment Community ) with User/Forum information with the smart clock hack in it as well?

2)How would get my Affiliates, Statistics and icon table to get seperated from the board at the bottom together like how it is in Lord Dexter's forum?

3)Lastly, i installed Mystyle but the ultimatebb.cgi doesn't load up after installing the hack but instead shows up as a 500 internal error page.. I keep rehacking the ultimatebb.cgi file again and again and keep getting the same results.. can anyone help with this?

I know these are alot but if anyone can help me with this, it will be GREATLY appreciated.. Thank you if you help this newb..

Sponsored Links
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
1) Open public_forum_summary.pl.

Find:

Code
[/code]Replace with:

Code
</pre></div></div>Open public_common.pl.<br><br>Find:<br><br><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
Replace with:

[code]
NOTE: For the "new PMs" feature to work, you'll need to have the "PM Notification" hack installed. Also, bear in mind that $show_pms might not be $show_pms. It depends which PM notify hack you're using.

2) Move around the code for public_forum_summary.pl in hacks that require you to hack this file. I'll have a go at that later.

3) Just because you call ultimatebb.cgi, doesn't mean the problem lies there... Reinstall the hack by hand (not MultiHack) to see if that solves the problem.

smile

thnx alot!! but, i tried it and it didn't work for some reason... Is it because we have different version boards? Also, in Open public_common.pl. where you have to replace the text, there are 2 of them.. Do i replace both of them? As for the PM, i have Jimbo's PM hack installed for the 6.2.1.1.

2)Hmm im still new at this and still don't know how to edit varibles and move around stuff to change it to whatever i want it to look like.. Can you show me plz if its not too much hassle?

3)Hmm i tried hacking it by HAND 2 times and still i get the same results.. I get an error page when i load up the ultimatebb.cgi.. i rehacked the ultimatebb.cgi file more that 5 times and still not working... Is there anything else that might be the problem?

Thanks alot for helping me..

I tried it again and it still doesn work CTM... do you know what the problem might be?

Hey! My header was supposed to be my original idea. You could have at least asked before using it on your forums.

*Cries*

Sponsored Links
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dexter:
Hey! My header was supposed to be my original idea. You could have at least asked before using it on your forums.

*Cries*

Oh shiet.. are you serious? Im soooo sorry.. i didn't know it was your original idea.. *Cries as well*... Im really sorry Lord Dexter... Don't worry, it didn't work anyways... Can i have something similar to that on my forums if that's ok with you?

Nevermind, Bookie has told me he had done something like this that I had no idea about so It's not up to me.

Very sorry.

Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
Check your PM's again... tipsy

Bookie, is it ok if i have something like that for my forums? If so, can you tell me how to get it to like that plz???

Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
It is fine if you have something like that on your forums, my way is a little different from LD's so you may want to get permission from him. I am currently working on a template set with similar headers and will be releasing it at the beggining of August if you don't mind waiting until then. laugh

Sponsored Links
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Sorry about that, Tony/Bookie, didn't realise you'd get so mad... frown

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63