Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator / Template Diva
Template² was originally announced last November ( eek ). Since then, it's been about halfway completed, then totally rewritten, a grand total of six times. (It's also gone through at least three different names since then.) Some rewrites were due to hard drive or server failures & data loss, some were due to me getting bored with the project before I finished it (I have a tendency to do that...), some were because I ran out of creative ideas for it. Well, at long last, I'm finally proud to announce something that's actually close enough to being done that it may eventually see the light of day! laugh

The 7Style Template Set is the end-result of all my past development on T² (then Templates.x, then J/HTML, then Jamin's Templates). This is a combination of Compact Headers, Compact Footers, and more stylistic changes to the whole page layout, to create a brand new template set for your site. At this point, about 95% of the public templates have been updated for the new basic layout. forum_summary and forum_page have also been given complete redesigns. Several more pages are slated for complete redesigns, including the topic page, post/reply/edit/pm form pages, and the My Profile page. Most pages are, or are very close to, XHTML compliant as well, at least so far as I can tell.

So what I'm looking for now is comments from you guys. Please visit my test board, play with it, do whatever you want. (Note that it is just a test board, ie. I don't have a second license... Visit it to demo 7Style and get back off, don't actually _use_ it.) Give me opinions on how stuff works, how it looks, what you think about it, etc.

Thanks much, hope you like it. smile

http://www.se7enet.com/testboard/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Cool! laugh

Nice original touches throughout... I look forward to the release laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ok, you want comments, I'll have some later tonight smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
jamin, I like Compact Header and Compact Footers, but I think Templates², err, 7Style, has too many tables shocked . The tables of data (topics, posts, moderators, etc) are fine, but I dislike the first tables - I suggest to remove the extra tables from categories and the like (for example at the bottom of every page there is a light table that I suggest to remove, or the light table at the top when it says "7Style Preview"... or the light table in forum page where it says the name of the forum... etc)

Allen: Thanks much. smile

LK: Yeah... I thought about that too. At some points the tables are four or five levels deep, and that does seem like overkill I guess. And I know the table's you're talking about are, for the most part, pretty useless, excepting the titlebar. The only problem is, taking them out now would be almost as big a project as putting them in there was in the first place. And personally, I like them being there, if only for stylistic purposes. NS4 renders them horribly slow, but every other browser I use has no problems, and since they are XHTML compliant it doesn't make too awful much of a difference, I don't thnk.

On the other hand, the footer table (that's the "at the bottom of every page there is a light table" that you're talking about, I believe) is very easy to change since it's all controlled from one little variable. And as I visualize it without the outer light table, it doesn't look all that bad. So I'll see what I can do about that one. smile

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
quote:
Originally posted by JaminXP:
On the other hand, the footer table (that's the "at the bottom of every page there is a light table" that you're talking about, I believe) is very easy to change since it's all controlled from one little variable.
definitely my favorite part!! (.::drooool::. ...commmpaact fooootersssss...)

when you indicate that its easily changeable, do you mean the fact that its in a table? or its colors?

id really like to add just that part to my forums, which i assume is one of those "every PL must be editted" pain in the tuckus deals ... but if not, i'd love to know this secret ninja trick! its so much cleaner!

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
"all controlled from one little variable" - it means that it's only in one file (prolly public_common.pl). My guess is $Footer variable there. tipsy

Kahuna
Kahuna
oooo... must... find... code! smile

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
*bump* anything new?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I guess not shocked

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Jamin should be outta school soon for the summer.. mebbe then smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63