Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
GTi
how do i remove these links plz
im sure this has been posted before but i have looked at every thread in the DB and could not find it ;

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

» Today's Active Topics «

Contact Us | blahblah | Privacy Statement

Thanks in advance

[ April 24, 2001 10:40 AM: Message edited by: GTi ]

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Um... let's see...

The first line (profile | register | etc...) will be in about nine different templates.
public_common, public_forum_summary, public_forum_page, public_topic_page, public_new_topic, public_new_reply, public_edit_page, public_search_page, public_search_results, and I few more I think. (Those might not be the exact names of the files, cuz I'm at school and don't have access to the file listing so I can't tell you exactly what they are. But they should be close at least.) Those ones I just listed, and any other template file that doesn't use the $Standard_Title_Table variable.

The next one (active topics) will be in probably many of the same ones. Maybe not quite all of them, but should be in most of them I think.

The last one (homepage | contact...) will be in public_common, public_forum_page, public_forum_summary, and public_topic_page.

Hope this helps.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
GTi
hmmmz what parts of the code do i edit ?
im not too confident in removing chunks of code.

well you could always delete the hunk of code out of ubb_lib.cgi that the templates call, but it would prob. be better to do it the other way just faster this way laugh

I am needing to remove this part of the site so I can add it into my header and remove some of the links, as they are in my UBBDEV style menu system. This is a big bump in the road for me as I am new the UBB 6 hacking thing.

Does anyone know which files need modified? (Which 9 files, are they all public_something?) Is there a list I can go by so I can remove those links? I checked UBB_lib.cgi and didnt see anything.

I just didnt get much out of this thread since GTi never responded again to say "THANKS!" or "I am still stuck :("

svx
running 6.04b

Sponsored Links
Actually, I just remade a list yesterday... smile lucky you!

All start with public_ and end with .pl.

common
forum_summary
edit_post
move_topic
new_reply_form
new_topic_form
pm_form
pm_topic
topic_page
ubb_friend
forum_page

Those files all will need to be edited to remove the my profile | register ...... link line. It's actually just a variable called $MainButtonsLine, so look for that up close to the top and remove it. The logo and default header stuff will be right up there close to it... so if you can decipher a little HTML, just remove that too. smile

Hope this reply helps a bit more than the last one (sorry, looking back on it now it was kinda cryptic.)

---Skorpion

thx bro! you don't know how much I appreciate this.

its official... Skorpion is king... but not the Skorpion King laugh <--- knows that was lame to say.. but hey.. im a dork. eek

Hehe! Thanks! Can I quote you on that? (Oh, wait, I already did... ;))

---Skorpion

Hiya Skorpion. About these links, if I would like to place another link in them for example "chat with us", what do you suggest me to do?
I checked once the active topic hack that placed the "active topic" link between them but I couldn't realize how it was done, too much mess so I didn't touch anything at all till I get any flash of light showing me the way.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
That string of links is located in ubb_lib.cgi. Look for $MainButtons = qq( and that is where the line gets built. Add your link in there wherever you need it.

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
Hello again Skorpion, thank you for the fast answer. I was trying to realize how to remove these | my profile | register | search | ... etc links in the active topics page but NOT in the other pages of the forum. I'm using a SSI to apply the 5 current posts to the index shtm file but it shows those links on top and the copyrights and contacts at the bottom which I wouldn't like to show up. Anything that may help?
Thank you again

[ May 08, 2001 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 2eagles ]

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
Remove the $MainButtonsLine variable from the Active Topics template. (It may be the headlines template.)

You are not allowed to remove the copyright statement from the page. It's against the license, so it would be illegal.

---Skorpion

Skorpion, thank you a lot man, about the copyright, is so small it doesn't bother me much, but the link of Contact Us and Privacy are size="2", thys I wouldn't like them to appear at all, but the main point was removing those links at the top.
Thank you again Skorpion
I appreciate it!

Near the bottom of the template, there should be a table that contains something like $ContactLine, $PrivacyStatement, etc. I am away from home and don't have direct access to the files right now. But it should look something like that. Look for a line with variables to the effect of Contact, Privacy, and Homepage. Remove that table and they will be gone. If you need more explicit help, I'll get it when I get home.

---Skorpion

Ok, I'm begining this again to get it straight so that I don't mess.

The only one thing I want is:
Removing the links (my profile, register etc and contact us, privacy) ONLY from active topics.

the problem is that the $MainButtonsLine doesn't exist in the template pl file of active topics. I checked all three templates of active topics with no success. Skorpion, you may see the pl file of active topics (the headline one) at [REMOVED BY SKORPION]. Just asking, I have the option of headlines in cp.cgi OFF, does this matter? Here's the index page I want to have but as you can see, the links on top and bottom of active topics aren't lovely, that's why I want to remove them http://www.albforum.com/active2.htm

Greetings
(gone to sleep)

Thanks for the link, but for future reference we usually don't post code here unless you're the author of the mod. Thanks. smile ---Skorpion

[ May 09, 2001 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Skorpion ]

The way you have it should be fine. You don't need headlines if that's the way you want it. Headlines is for just displaying the title of the post and a link to it in a small list.

Open the public_active_topics.pl template (not the headlines one). Then find and delete:
quote:
It will be right up at the top. That should be it.

---Skorpion

whoho, YES!!!!!! it worked great now!!

P.S. I deleted the txt file from the server smile

[ May 09, 2001 05:19 PM: Message edited by: 2eagles ]

Another question:

I would like to put in the html file (where SSI is executed as well) a SSI code that would show to the visitors the "who's actually online in the forum", "welcome to our newest member: ...." and "there are # members registered". Any tips?

Thank you in advance

for the "who's browsing now the forum" I found the
/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online_ssi that has to be implemented in SSI, only two left to find out now.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63