Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
tons o' people are always askin (and have always asked) how to remove or otherwise edit the line of links located in the upper right.

personally, each time i upgrade, i either gotta go thru all the files myself to remove'em, or wait til someone here does it, so's i can steal their work smile

so, this being one of the most oft-inquired features... will there ever be an option in the control panel to simply turn them off? (thus, forcing the user to either do without them, or provide their own links)

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm... it's gotten easier with time now. you just edit the mainbuttons sub in public_common.pl to remove them. Plus there's always this:

Allow Searches?
If you do not want your visitors to be able to search through your forums, make sure you turn this option off. The search link will not appear if you have this option turned off.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Kahuna
Kahuna
heya double a.

yeah, i was noticing that earlier today -- that they could be "easierly" (...ahem...) removed.

but i was moreso referring to the "switch" type ability, allowed by the search button, like you said (and, with this post, i meant that whole line -- i could only fit two of them in the topic subject wink )

like, if all 5 or 6 (whatever) options could be "shut off" just as the search button could. or even the title area...

just something to make it easier for people to get a "compact headers" type feel, right thru the CP

I don't understand why would you want to remove the $MainButtonLine links?

With my board, I actually stripped out the $MainButtonsLine in every file and just added my own. When a user click "my profile" the link takes them to the public_edit_profile.pl instead of the public_my_profile.pl. This way they don't have to click the extra link in order to edit their information. I then used the PM Box System only for the Private Messages. It just made sense and makes for a clean layout. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63