Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#115401 05/04/2003 10:55 AM
Recently I've been trying to edit my quote/code block looks, but I notice that no matter what I do it doesn't reflect the same look on the page the news is posted on.

What do I have to do to have it look the same? Do I have to edit the public_ubbnews.pl and how?

---

Is there a hack to show the poster's avatar along with his news post?

---

I notice that there are, for want of a better word, declarations(?) such as "$name_space->{topic_subject}" or "$name_space->{topic_author}" that will pull that specific information from the news post.

Are there more for other things? How do I find them? Where might they be listed?

Sponsored Links
#115402 05/04/2003 12:01 PM
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
1. Try using CSS to edit the look of the Quote/Code blocks instead. There's a topic around in this forum (posted by Allen) describing how to do it. smile

2. There sure is... Just add $user_profile[37] anywhere between the qq()s in sub NewsRow. It'll display wherever you put it. smile

3. AFAIK all of the @name_space array is used in UBBNews... You can grab the poster, posticon, topic name, date and time it was started, the number of replies to the topic, the forum and topic number... There may be more, I'll check for you.

#115403 05/04/2003 12:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CTM:
1. Try using CSS...
Yeah I read that thread, but I guess I just need some more CSS knowledge.

quote:
[qb]Originally posted by CTM:
2. There sure is... Just add $user_profile[37] anywhere between the qq()s in sub NewsRow. It'll display wherever you put it. smile [/qb]
Hmm...this is what I have under sub NewsRow:

Code
[/code]Where ever I add it I get an error. Later on I see this:

[code]
quote:
Originally posted by CTM:
3. There may be more, I'll check for you.
Awesome thanks! smile

#115404 05/04/2003 1:58 PM
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Ah, but there's more to sub NewsRow - Greg just didn't indent the if statement. smile The qq()s are straight underneath it.

#115405 05/04/2003 2:50 PM
Hehe, you're acting as if I didn't start editting UBB stuff yesterday, but I honestly did haha

For qq()s all I can see that I might use to take a guess at what you're saying is:
Code
[/code]and a few qq~ things underneath. Can you give me a better idea? Maybe with a quick sample of syntax? Excerpt of the code? I'll be able to make head or tails of it that way I'm sure.

Sorry to be so newbie :p ~

As far as 1. with the quoteblock I went back over that post ( https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000753#000000 ) and I was able to get what I wanted in terms of the border around it.

However I don't seem to be able to change the font size in the quoteblock regardless of what size I put in the CSS.

In the first section is clearly says:
[code]
This gives me the impression that it's able to be changed. However any font setting I put in that section seem to go unnoticed.

I saw in another post that I'd have to change the font size for the quote block in a specific file, but when I did I realized only new posts with quoteblocks were affected.

Sponsored Links
#115406 05/04/2003 4:29 PM
CTM Offline
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Heheh, sorry laugh

This is the block that you'll need to use:

[code][/code]As for the CSS, the reason it won't work is because the sizes are hardcoded into UBBNews. Try removing all instances of size="x" inside font tags in that block that I just posted. smile

#115407 05/04/2003 8:52 PM
CTM, you're crackin me up man hehe I do appreciate your help so don't take this the wrong way...

I know what the code looks like lol I've been staring at it for a while haha scratching my head, but where would $user_profile[37] go?

I've tried under $icon_row and a few other places, but it didn't do anything. Is there something else I need to do or am I just doing something stupid?

Also, sorry I wasn't more clear about the quoteblock. I was trying to change the size of the font in the forum as opposed to UBBNews.

omg I'm such a newbie lol

#115408 05/06/2003 12:40 AM
You're right Tunnleram...The reason your QuoteBlock font doesn't change even with CSS is because it's hardcoded into the UBB Quote block located in ubb_lib.cgi and/or ubb_lib_posting.cgi files. You'll have to get rid of the tags in order to make the CSS work. Everything else however, including the CSS bordering, will change.

I'll have to re-read your other questions later to get an idea what you want to do. I think CTM covered it but I'll take a look at it too. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63