Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I just updated the site with some new info.. you folks might be interested smile

Please contact me using the form on the site if you have any feature requests, and I'll see what I can do.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
no word yet, they are clamping down pretty tight on any sort of distribution of modifications away from this site, and we haven't heard anything yet on this either. I am sure it is because they are busy with finishing v6, will let you know as soon as we do...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
DR3 Offline
More than might be interested...

--DR3, Dragon Reborn the 3rd.
Well all the links seem dead...so where do I d/l the .shw files

Ell Offline
quote:
Impossible is for mere mortals. wink It's do-able, and what I'm doing.

quote:
This IS from the company that clamped down on the hack distribution in the first place... I see their point tho; because people could (and did) start distributing hacks with HUGE chunks of UBB code lifted right out.

Sorry, I'm just being bitter because I'm coming up with what's probably going to end up as a rival to SHW.. frown hopefully at some point we can find common ground (ie a common file format). In the mean time, I'm working on a perl-based autoinstaller, that requires not a tad of existing UBB code in the files; the ultimate thumb to Infopop's distribution control. laugh

quote:
Hahaha, run your Win 98 computer, and just let it sit there for about 120 daqys per 128 megs of ram.... when it crashes, then tell me there's no memory leak inherant in the system. smile

Sponsored Links
I was talking about memory leaks in my program tipsy

Win98 however, is another story altogether. smile

By the way, if you'd like to combine efforts on your program and mine, I'd certainly be open for it. I'm only looking to have a great program for everybody to use. Please ICQ me: 333148.

Cyas.

Ell Offline
quote:
wink

And I guarantee you 100% your program is written better than Win 95. And probably Win 98, but at least there's evidence they tried to bugfix before releasing.

I'm already on your ICQ ("Ell / Borg") remember, the annoying one who kicked up a fuss about using the rich text control? wink We'll definately have to chat when I have something I can demo (The Vinkulum is gonna be a B**** to write hacks for).

Allen: Expect me to send you the auto-installing all-singing-all-dancing beta 2 of "Who's online" soon. Lets see if we can't wind some people up. laugh

Well Where do I get this simple to install hack files????(.shw extensions right??)
No one seems to have it...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
looking forward to improvements in both, it would be excellent to see you guys be able to share some work on this...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'm not dead. smile

I just posted the TUTORIAL on how to create SHW files and so now people should have no problems in setting themselves up and converting a few hacks. I also moved back to barrysworld (click link in signature) so we are fast, but I do want a permanent site where I can put my site and forum for the application's questions.

Thanks for being patient.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I wasn't able to move this one hercules, since it had been moved once before. If you'd like to start another thread in the "v5 modifications" forum, that'd be great.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63