Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
It worked, well finally on my board of course. smile

By the way can Who is Online be implemented thru out the entire site? That means irregardless of where he is on the site (not just the board) his nick will still appears.

Can that be done?

Sponsored Links
PB Offline
Yeppie!

all hacks should have the auto install like WOL 4! specially the ones that are so hard to install.. smile

Yay! To think, upgrading to UBB 6.05 was a terror because of reinstalling all the hacks I laready had and I thought I would surely die if I tried to rescript WOL. But the Auto-Install feature works wonders! Here here for qasic! Great job old chap laugh

Addict
Addict
You people sure are lazy...how hard is it to follow instructions and copy/paste? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thanks qasic its all good now that you worked your magic
and lorili do you use Beyond Compare or have you heard about it

i use that and i assume UBBDEV here used it to also upgrade without rehacking anything

it saves alot of time

you can get it at www.downloads.com

[ July 05, 2001 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Murassmeblade ]

[insert irony here]
Hadn't heard of it until now. I just downloaded it. When the next version of UBB pops up I'll tell you how it went. Thanks Murassmeblade laugh

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
GoTorankusuKu: The answer to that question should be obvious. #1, people make mistakes. Why use a calculator? Why use a remote control? Because it is easier and less prone to mistakes. smile

#2, why waste the time installing it by hand? Sure if ya wanna do it that way, more power to ya. But for those that don't, I wouldn't call 'em lazy(although I fit into that category for many other reasons), I call 'em people that don't like to waste time.

quote:
yes, but what about people like me who have a license but no longer have members access. my suggestion is to add to the verification another word/phrase/sentence that is in the members area upgrade purchase section which requires license verification.

Everything worked well, except I can't make it show up on my individual forum pages. Was the hack to public_forum_page.pl supposed to do that, or do I have to do more?

Thanks

Laguna

Sponsored Links
Developer
Developer
quote:
Hello,

My website now deals with this scenairo smile Please read it for more details!

Laguna: It should have been hacked automatically.

qasic

[ July 06, 2001 06:51 PM: Message edited by: qasic ]

I misplaced a bracket, among other things.

qasic helped me, and I owe him a debt of which I have no hope of repaying (unless he needs help with the suspension geometry of a 2001 Reynard/Honda).

Thanks qasic!

Laguna

Qasic,
I realized after posting that... That I should have emailed you, etc., not placed it here. For all the posts I have here and at the UBB site, I should know better.

Frankly, your reason are your reasons when push comes to shove. Borg and you spent a ton of time on this and that post had no business being in here, distracting from the normal thread stuff.

Again, sorry man and to everyone else distracted by me.....

Gosh, I really hope that all of that valid this, valid that really pays off. After all, I don't think that there are ANY people that run warez sites, that actually have a valid license laugh
Hehe, I'm just messin around.

Like I said, that was a lot of work that you guys put into this hack, and a lot of work to hide it from legal warez peeps. wink

Good thing I run a sports forum cool

Thanks for the great hack fellas!!

www.largelumber.com (up, but not yet advertised to the public until it's done).
Gonna wait until 6.1

[ July 07, 2001 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Warren Rake ]

I'm Milton's alter Ego wink
Great hack! But I have two problems:

It lists two Currently Browsing The Boards/Forum. I looked in ultimatebb.cgi to see if maybe there was a duplicate of something but I couldn't find anything.

And i get this error when I try to view Modifcation Worldets:

syntax error at /home/alanism/public_html/alanisbb/cp_wordlets.cgi line 23, near "elsif" syntax error at /home/alanism/public_html/alanisbb/cp_wordlets.cgi line 39, near "elsif"

Can anyone offer some help?

http://www.alanisbb.com

[ July 07, 2001 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Neptin ]

Developer
Developer
quote:
It looks as if mod_wordlets was not installed correctly before you installed Who's Online. Re-hack your cp_wordlets.cgi to see if it fixes the problem.

qasic

Actually, a mod here at UBBDev was saying that the reason for the sign up thing is so that you can get a job at Infopop. I don't know how true that is though.

Well, I wondered if I could request help. When I click on the "2 Members currently browsing your board"(or whatever), and it takes me to "ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online", I get this error ABOUT 80% of the time. The error is :

A runtime error has occured.
Do you wish to debug ?

Line: 81
Error: 'document.clock.time' is not an object.

Why am I getting this ?? confused

A link to my board is http://gamingrealm.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Developer
Developer
quote:
What kind of noncense is that? Furthermore .. who would be the mod who would say that?

this online hack is great laugh.but im looking for 3.9Qa,A stable statistics hack,and a members list.

Who is Hard Drive Failure,and why is he scanning my Hard Drive??
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
4.0 is a much better product than 3.9qa. the other requests can be found in the beta forum.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Not anymore difficult than throwing away your mouse and doing everything from the command line....sorry, couldn't resist.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can find Who's Online 3.9Qa in http://www.qasic.com/ubbhacks/

quote:
That fixed my second problem but there are still tow who's online windows showing up. Any ideas?

Worked for me first time on my Test Site.
Worked for me first time on my real site.

Great work Qasic. The self installer is awesome.

Steve
www.ravensnest2.com/ravensboard.htm

quote:
I am shure, if you write down an emailadress in your profile, some helping sole will send you the Who's Online 3.9Qa hack.

qasic, I guess its the 4.0.0 version that is restricted by your licence policy, and not the beta versions already spread in hundreds of copies?

quasic...I have an important update that focuses on CHMODing CGI directory and all the files within to 777..UBB will not function properly (i.e. Server error occured)with some servers if you try to CHMOD the CGI directory or the files within above 755 (variable CGI files are okay at 777 within this directory)...

Below is a small text file edit update (by me) that addresses this issue..You should update it..
Here it is:

Upgrade text:

3) CHMOD your UBB CGI directory as 777. CHMOD your Templates directory (inside your NonCGI UBB directory) 777. CHMOD your Variables directory as 777.

Important: If you are getting server errors and can't access your UBB web pages from your browser, then reset your UBBs' CGI directory CHMOD back to 755.

Who's Online Read me text:

### CHECK to make sure that your CGI directory, your Templates directory and your Variables directory are CHMOD 777 (if running UNIX).

### Important: Set your CGI directorys' CHMOD to 755 if 777 is preventing you from accessing your UBB board pages.

### CHECK to make sure that ALL files in your CGI diretory, Templates directory and Variables directory are CHMOD 777 (if running UNIX).

### Important: Reset the CGI files CHMOD to 755 if 777 is preventing you from accessing your UBB board pages. Leave the variable CGI files in this folder at CHMOD 777..

That's pretty much it quasic laugh laugh

BTW, terrific job on the hack..I'm loving it everyday..Aside from the above server problems I had at CHMOD 777, the upgrade went smoothly at 755 CHMODing of the CGI directory and non-variable files within.. Have a nice day,
torn.....
Sorry for the edit..I had to clarify my wording a little better smile

[ July 09, 2001 08:35 PM: Message edited by: torn ]

Developer
Developer
Gaulak: Usage of code is subject to the details found inside WhosOnline_Readme.txt

qasic

qasic

Shure, I have read the content of the readme.txt, and I agree upon the terms.

Anyway, I think it would be a VERY good idea to clearify everything around the licence policy of the Who's Online Hack.

You referd to the Whos_Online_Readme.txt for the 3.9Qa version.

In my file it says:
quote:
Actually all it says is, that you need to be an Infopop or Infopop licensee to be allowed to use the code. Otherwise you are not allowed to use it.
  • It does NOT say that we are not allowed to distribute the code.
  • It does NOT say that the code may only be distributed to persons that has verified their legal Infopop licensee.
  • It does NOT say that the code is illegal to use or distribute, as soon as the final v4.0.0 is released.

Actually I dont think its my business or responsibility if TwilighT_HackeR has a valid UBB licens or not. That thing TwilighT_HackeR has to deal with himself.

I fully agree that its your hack, and you can do what ever you want with it, and set whatever conditions you want to let people use it or not. Infopop could actually do the same, and so could every other software developer. They could say to their customers -"You will not be allowed to buy or use our software, before you have verified to us that you have a valid Microsoft Windows License".

All beta version of the Who's Online Hack, including v3.9Qa has freely been offered for download and spread in hundreds of copies, only with the conditions that the user must be a valid UBB licensee.
Its in the nature of this conditions, that the enduser him/herself must be the one to take care of that. I dont have ANY evidence, that can verify if TwilighT_HackeR have a valid licens or not, and it's not my responsibility.
Neither I have seen anything in this v4.0.0 thread, that says that the v3.9Qa hack is not allowed to be distributed anymore.

TwilighT_HackeR asked for the hack, and I will be glad to help him with that, but I asked you first, hoping that you would clearify these things.

To avoid any misunderstanding in the future, could you please consider to make a clear statment of what people are allowed to do, and NOT allowed to do with the v3.9Qa hack?

Quasic, I've noticed that when I come back to my board after say 30 mins, the Forum Summary shows me as logged out. If I select a forum it shows my ID as logged in.

Now I've followed the many threads about WOL since you started and forgive me if the answer is in there but do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
Steve

Never mind, I think it has something to do with Charles PM Notification hack which I am also running.

I'd ask him but I'm scared laugh

Steve

Developer
Developer
Hello,

Regarding the licensing issue. Let me put it this way.

Who would be idiotic enough to use v3.9Qa? Seriously. If you don't have a legit license for UBB, HOW could you use UBB 6.xx let alone v4.0.0 legally besides using an illegal version? UBBDev is a resource for LEGIT UBB users, not warez UBB users.

However, to answer your question. As you state, there is nothing inside that document that states that outside distribution of the hack is not permitted. Therefore, in a legal sense of the word, you're allowed to distribute it if you like although that's certainly not what I want, that is technically allowed.

Further versions of Who's Online (in particular v4.1.0) will clarify more on this.

Hope this clarifies it for you. LMK if you have any more questions or the like.

qasic

oops..wrong haack..sorry

[ July 08, 2001 10:20 PM: Message edited by: [nls]thug ]

[NLS] No Limit Soljahz
Counter-strike Clan
"Battle of the dead soljahz"
Developer
Developer
How is this related to the Who's Online thread?

qasic

do you have a number address? (like "24.733.397") I want to access it and hack it through china.

hey qasic,

Does WOL have a limit as to how many users it will report? My board hit 99 and stuck there for about 40 minutes, never going down, never going up. Was that just a bizarre anomaly, or is 99 the limit?

Thanks!

Laguna

Developer
Developer
Laguna,

There should be no limit although I've had ONE report (which I've confirmed) that the Who's Online recordbook fluctuates on heavy sites.

Are you sure that the current number of users is stuck at 99? If so, then you probably have a code hacking error somewhere.

qasic

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Yeah, 3dfiles.com (anyone knows what happened to their UBB? confused ) had once ~140 users in Who's Online 3.9Qa

[ July 09, 2001 11:26 AM: Message edited by: LK ]

qasic,

Question answered... it dropped down in the 80s, then just crept back up past 99 to 104. It was current users, and evidentally just an enormously unlikely coincidence. cool

Laguna

http://www.seventhgear.com/cgi-shl/ultimatebb.cgi

[ July 09, 2001 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Laguna ]

Kahuna
Kahuna
odd problem i got after autoinstalling this hack...

in the last post column, it now displays stuff like "07-10-2001 10:48 AM AM" (note the double AM). it does this on the main summary page, as well as the secondary topic pages.

sometimes, it even says AM PM, which is quite frightening. some sorta time warp my board has fallen into!

anyway, 'twas wondering if anyone could help? anyone else get this?

http://www.robkamphausen.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Developer
Developer
drkknight: That problem only stems if you have an old ubb_whos_online.cgi. Can you open up ubb_whos_online.cgi and see if the version inside there is 4.0.0?

See, I don't think so: http://www.robkamphausen.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=whos_online It's v3.8Qd.

I think the problem is that you haven't installed the templates yet either. Delete the WOLBackup directory inside your UBB CGI dir. Then re-run ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi and select the install_templates option now. This should do the trick.

qasic

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63