Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Hi. I got most of the functions working cept the part where I check the directory listing of smiles, I get a "You do not have permission to access this area." error message.

Any advise?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sigh...I think I made a mistake somewhere or another. I cannot gain access to the smilie feature in cp.cgi. I am trying to check over permissions, but I am not sure if I just missed something...

Can anyone offer me some help...Thank You!!

smile Never mind..it seems that for some reason I didn't save the cp.cgi before I reuploaded it after modding it. <- Sorry I am tired right now...

Great Hack..!!

:rolleyes: Now I don't have access to Check Smilies List. I can get into the smilies now though under cp.cgi. Just cannot see the check thing...I can go to the add new smilie place too. Oh btw, I am running 6.01.

[ March 26, 2001: Message edited by: tw1112 ]

[ March 26, 2001: Message edited by: tw1112 ]

Developer
Developer
Looks like you guys found a mistake I made in install.txt. I forgot to add the extra if statement for smilieslist. Zip Updated. Here is the fix here too:

Code
code:

DPK. Instead of making the check smilie directory a separate page, could you use it to check the directory when the smilie settings are loaded? If a shortcut isn't associated with the image, you could fill the text box in with "no" or something similar, and then tell your smilie routine to ignore the "no" images.

Then, adding smilies would be as simple as dropping them into the directory, and giving it a shortcut in the cp.

Amy

Developer
Developer
I'll modify some stuff in v0.6 that will make it easier to add smilies that you upload. Combination of both Amy's and qasic's ideas.

Sponsored Links
quote:
Great fix! Like I said above...great hack!

DPK--

I'm getting this error.
quote:
But I DID upload that file. ??

frown My siggy's too big for here. Dang it, grow bigger sigs people so I don't look so strange!
Of course, we currently have a bug in our "Who's Online" hack, and I noticed some code in the ultimatebb.cgi file was kinda funky.

frown My siggy's too big for here. Dang it, grow bigger sigs people so I don't look so strange!
DPK, I don't think you saw my last post, so I'm posting it again. Whenever I try and view my UBB I get this error:
Software Error in ultimatebb.cgi http://esforum.cjb.net
Check there and read it fully for yourself, but I made sure that I installed everything just they way you wrote. frown

Developer
Developer
Did you follow my directions exactly? Also, do you have the Who's Online mod installed in your board too? It might be a bug in that. So far I know of no bugs in SmilieMod.

Try removing my mod and see what happens and then reinstalling it. The instructions for upgrading from v0.4 to v0.5 are kind of confusing so it might be best for you to just take my mod out and then fresh install it.

Btw, I get this error at your board:
quote:

Sponsored Links
I don't know if you have already done this or if someone has already suggested you but in the shots I see of your mod icon height and width are missing, without them big icons are very bad looking.

Bye
Rutto

Developer
Developer
rutto: in the instant gramelins section for posting, the mod sizes the smilies 15x15, because if it didnt, it would look real messy right there. In the other areas of the mod, like the popup legend, sizing is not used because it doesnt matter and lets forum users view the smilies in better detail.

note for v0.6+: ability to define how many smilies are displayed in the instant gramelins section. Thanx M_E_W for the idea! smile

Hi,

I juest get Smilies 0.5 and upload from 0.3, and i got error message from the link in faq, that link call java to get the smiles listing, i got this message:

You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist

i also try the full link:
ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=smilie_legend

Still got same error, the file: public_smilie_legend.pl is in template dir.

Please help how to make that run.

Thanks
sas Offline
Great Hack only problem is when I click Check Smilie Directory I get
You do not have permission to access this area.
» Use your browser's back button to return.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Uhh, I had that problom sas, its something with linking to wordlets_mods not wordlets_mod

Ok, I fixed the online bug problem, and part of the other problem too--for some reason when I uploaded the files, they named them weird, so I had to go back and name them correctly. But I am still getting these two bugs--anyone able to tell me what they mean?

quote:
quote:
What's "Strip carriage returns after a network transfer?"?

Developer
Developer
quote:

I already answered this question, please scroll up this page to see the code that will fix the problem.

ON second thought, the first one might be a typo (ie i have to go back in and look at the hack done in the ultimatebb.cgi file), but that still leaves the second one. The first I get when I click on the side "more graemlins" link, the second when I'm in the control panel and I go to "smilie settings".

Developer
Developer
LoveUBB: when you upgrade from a low version to a higher version that skips over a version, please upgrade in steps. ie:

from 0.3 to 0.4
then 0.4 to 0.5

anyways, the problem you are experiencing is yet another of people not reading carefully enough. the steps your didnt do are in the 0.3 to 0.4 upgrade. you did the 0.4 to 0.5 upgrade.

* DPK sighs and wonders what the purpose of having:

# Script: SmilieMod v0.4 -> v0.5 Upgrade Doc

at the top of the upgrade doc is for *

(if i sound agitated, sorry, i've had a long day)

Hey, it's ok. This will be a great hack, once I get it working! I've been up since 8:00 working on my board myself--I know how it is to feel frazzled. smile ::Glares at the Evhallion board:: Bad board! Or is it Bad Me? ::Sighs::

Do you have any plans to correct the problems with the caret symbol in smilies?

ignore this, (or mod/admin delete it), i made an oopsie laugh

[ March 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Spanky ]

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Thanks.

I just reinsatall again and work great.

Thank again

Thanks
Uhh, DPK, after finding out that in ultimatebb.cgi it was a line without a ; and the next line had 2 ;, I have come to this error: tipsy
http://esforum.cjb.net

Developer
Developer
Mr. Man: yes, thankyou for reminding me, it will be fixed.

Developer
Developer
sirrox: i really have no idea. my only conclusion might be that you didnt install it right. please try to follow the instructions as best as possible.

* DPK prays for Borgs install script to be released soon *

But I went over them time and time again frown And the lines in public_common.pl are just normal code, nothing special, so WTF is going on? smile Don't worry, I'm not mad at you...

quote:
Im really new at this so sorry if this is stupid....but if your download was missing a ';' somewhere, wouldn't my board not be working either? I did take a long time to make sure all the mods were correct, but it is working fine?

Developer
Developer
sirox: maybe you thought you uploaded something but didnt, or didnt save, or chmod the file right. its happened before, could have happened to you. if you want, post lines 30-50 here and I'll see if i can see anything wrong.

Ok, I bet I know what my problem is: What does "chmod" mean? Because I doubt I'm doing it.

A new popUp-window or PullDown-List including the smilies is still on my wishList as posted on infopop.com some months ago ... i look forward installing this hack very soon .. great work so far!

Ok, I bet I know what my problem is: What does "chmod" mean? Because I doubt I'm doing it.

Using the command 'chmod' will set the read/write/execute-Settings of specific files/folders on your server. Using this command you are able to set the 'rights' of a file: so some files may be executed or even modified by the server, some not, concerning the chmod:

What do those CHMOD numbers mean?
777: all can read/write/exec
755: owner can do all, group/others can read/exec
644: owner can read/write, group/others can read only

For Directories:
777: all can read, write, search
755: owner can do all, others and group can only search

Typical settings:
cgi scripts: 755
data files: 666

configuration files: 644 (files not updated by scripts)
directories: 777 (with proper permissions on files in directory)

Security tip: chmod a script to 400 if you want to disable it. You can always chmod it to 755 when you want to run it again.

Ok, I'm not using a FTP program--I'm using an interface similer to that at Geocities of Angelfire. there's a bunch of rwx stuff on the side to change. Which of those do I enable or disable to make 777 or 755?

Developer
Developer

Owner: RWX
Group: RX
Other: RX

Owner: RWX
Group: RWX
Other: RWX

Hope this helps.

q

ok BIG problem man!!!!!
http://cncrev.virtualgn.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=reply&f=1&t=000001

it adds the things, but look at what it duz to the smilies, it sqwashes em up!!!!! take a look frown

quote:
This is not true, when I was using Beta 7.9 I modified myself the istant gremlins and I add gremlins bigger than 15x15 and it was really cool ! laugh

This is my opinion wink

Bye
Rutto

everything else works perfectly fine, i have had not errors etc

im not getting rid of this mod, but if this problem cannot be fixed i may have to.

please someone help it looks crap and very messy when the images are sqwashed 2gether, SOMEONE HEEELP!

Developer
Developer
the reason why i size them 15x15 is because some people use smilies that are huge, 20x20, 30x30, etc. It scales them down so they will align properly in the box. Complain if you want, but that is how this will be released by default until v0.7 or .8 when I get around to making an advanced settings page that you can use to turn on/off certain things for the mod; 15x15 restriction will be one of those that you can turn off.

[ March 27, 2001: Message edited by: DPK ]

Developer
Developer
v0.6 should be out by wednesday night or thursday. I have a load of school work I have to do. I had monday off this week for a teacher workday, but today and tomorrow I wont be able to work much on coding. (I'm typing this right now at school in my computer apps 2 class.)

Well DPK, I replaced my hacked public_common.pl with the one that comes with the zip file, then hacked it again, and voila! It works... UBB is starting to work like a Microsoft product.... But Kepp up the Good work!!!

*/me pats DPK on the back*

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63