Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
I added this mod, and it works great, but I've noticed that the Instant UBB Code buttons are aligned differently now.

And I have two "Image" buttons. I'm not sure how that happened - I didn't even notice it, one of my forum members did. Other than this, it's been a clean mod!

Sponsored Links
sas Offline
quote:
I too noticed the UBB Code Button's alinged differently, I Thought it was just me and my bad install smile

Developer
Developer
I'm surprised no one else has cought this yet, but on forums with a header specified for a forum, the smilie legend goes nuts. For a lack of a better term. An example being the smilie legend on http://www.plastiqueweb.com 's ubb. I'll get this fixed soon, should be quick and simple. Next release soon.

I tested it on NS 4.7 and you're right. The legend goes berzerk. Works fine on IE though wink

Perhaps a good way to solve this problem would be to simply get rid of the headers and footers in the smiley legend. After all, what are they needed for since the window is so small anyway?

Just a thought.
Phoenix.

Niko Pettersen (Phoenix)
Webmaster and project developer of PlastiqueWeb.com
Sh20, just make sure you have CHMODED all the files right, and if you still get the same prob, re-hack the files.

Sponsored Links
Great Mod, I love it.

However everything worked fine except the public_pm_form.pl The last edit where you replace the Instant Graemlins code with &SM_instant;

print<
It wouldn't load the bottom of the page with that code inserted. It only displayed
&SM_instant; >

I kept checking it and rechecking it, and it matched. So I was going to just disable the feature in the PM and put the old code in. Well when I did that, it worked. I was able to use all the new Graemlins. I don't know much about perl, I'm still learning. But I didn't think it would work without that last line, I expected to see the old default smilies.

Thanks for the great mod! smile

nice

i think this will have to be redoced to 6.04a, there were some html in templates i couldnt find, just guessed. worked fine though.

edit: "Smilie List" in public_common.pl is not wordletized

[ April 22, 2001 05:44 PM: Message edited by: CopyCat ]

This is my first post here,,, Just stumbled across ubbdev.com in a search I was doing to find addons for UBB. I just installed UBB 6.02 yesterday an am still setting it up. I came across this great script and the install went really well.. I had a couple of errors... had to change a couple of "&" to "$" (I don't know anything about perl) then the error msg disapeared but I don't get any pull down menu's / instant graemlins?? So I guess I'm going to try and re-install the mod tomorow from the start. See if I goofed somewhere along the lines. Just thought I'd say thanks and see if anyone else came accross this problem before?
Thanks wink

p.s. in the faq where it says click here to see the list of graemlins (or something like that) the link does not work. I tried a few peoples boards with this mod and none of them do?

smile smile smile
I got to determined to after I wrote that and decided to do the re-install right away! Everything works perfect now!

My board will revolve around skateboarding and snowboarding mostly (I run a skate shop)
and will be up shortly.
Once again thanks for the great Mod.
dk.

Hey- great mod! Installed perfectly on 6.04b with no problems..and I'm pretty much a novice. Thank you!

Is there any way in a future version you could add an option to include some of the smilies in the instant graemlin section instead of all or none? Some of the regular 15x15 ones look fine, but the larger ones, of course, make the whole thing look strange.

FYI-my smilie legend is working just fine with a header on IE, but I think the window would be better without the header. It's too small to show the header sufficiently on my board and not really necessary.

Thanks so much for making the hack!
Brooke

Sponsored Links
I'm running 6.04c and have installed the Beta version of your hack. I love it, but I do have a few problems/suggestions:

1) On the smilie legend page, would it be possible to include to site's logo there along with the my profile | register | search | faq | forum home info just like on every other page? The header is there, but nothing else.

2) I didn't like the instant graemlins, so I just used the drop down menu. It looks good, but when the menu is on its default (Smilie List), a broken image appears next to the drop down menu. The same thing occurs when the drop down menu is set on ---------------- (the bar under Smilie List just before you get to the actual smilies). Can you fix this or tell me how to fix it so a broken image won't appear?

3) Would it be possible to add a feature that automatically puts the smilies in a particular order (i.e., alphabetically). The way you have it now, all new smilies that are added go straight to the bottom, but I like to keep mine alphebetized, and it's a hassle to rearrange them every time a new smilie is added. But if there was a way to just click one button and they all rearrange automatically, that'd be really cool!

Okay, thanks for a great hack. I rarely use them, but this one is a must! Do you have any suggestions for upgrading UBB? I assume I have to reinstall the entire hack every time I upgrade, so is there a simpler way?

Thanks for your time! --Dan

BTW, my UBB is at http://www.endlesspath.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi

[ April 27, 2001 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Dan Hall ]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
welcome dan, check the "beyond compare" thread in the ubb v6 installation and upgrading forum.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks, Allen! Beyond Compare looks pretty cool ... that is, until Infopop upgrades to a version where this hack doesn't work.

Of course, I still would like my other suggestions to be addressed whenever someone has the time ... mainly, the broken image by the first two lines of the drop down menu.

Thanks! --Dan

I also noticed that in the FAQ, while the hack links to the new smilies page (pretty cool), there is a broken image: Smilies/Graemlins
Smilies are keyboard characters used to convey an emotion, such as a smile smile or a frown frown. This message board automatically converts certain smilies to a graphical representation, which we call graemlins. You can use our Instant Graemlins buttons for automatic generation. For example, if you type smile in your post, it will automatically be converted to (broken image here) a happy smilie. To view a list of currently supported graemlins, click here.

Obviously, the easy way to fix this would be to simply load up a smile to my ubb directory. I deleted all of the smilies there since a new smilies directory was created. But it'd be cool if you could just change the wording of this altogether -- put something in the control panel that allows the user to code in his/her own smilie there. For instance, I don't use the traditional : + ) to get :), so the wording doesn't work at all for me. I know, I'm being too picky! tipsy

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Developer
Developer
In the zip file in the noncgi/smilies folder, there should be a image called null.gif. Make sure that is uploaded to your server in the same directory as the smilies are.

The faq problem will be fixed in the next release and the smilielegend header thing will be changed in the next relese. I will not add those links/etc to the smilielegend for one reason and that is I see no real purpose for it. It is only a legend and nothing more. Close the window and click a link on the main part of the board. smile

All problems should be resolved in the next release. Which I intend to be the last unless I find some other flaws or get the notion on a boring day to work on it again. I want to start another mod soon. smile

DPK-

How about my post about having the option to add some smilies to the instant graemlin section instead of all or none??

Thanks-
Brooke

Developer
Developer
Try advanced settings in smilie mod. You can change how many are displayed by altering the row/column numbers.

Thanks, DPK ... it's working good. I don't like hacks, but this is a necessary one. And I'm very appreciative of your work on this. I would easily pay for this sort of thing, and you are appreciated.

Developer
Developer
New version out tonight or tomorrow. So far I have the manual install docs done and the multihack install files done. Just have to do the script hack wizard install files left to do.

oh man, sorry again:

i am not Renegade Master,
i am VoodooElite, (matt freely), using my brothers nick smile i like it.

Hi DPK:

Mod is working great, but I lost the "Instant UBB Code" buttons. Where did they go? Any ideas?

OK I install the Hack and it "looks" fine, but when I submit a post, it get this error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
Undefined subroutine &main::Smilies called at d:/inetpub/wwwroot/myserver/cgi-bin/ubb_new_topic.cgi line 231.

For help, please ..... etc

Can someone please help? I am running 6.04c Thanks!

Oh and these are those lines:

229 # do graemlins--
230 if ($in{disable_smilies} ne 'yes') {
231 $message = &Smilies("$message");
232 }

I ma also getting an error in my ubb_lib_posting.cgi with line 757

756 $user_profile[12] = &UBBCode($user_profile[12], $allow_images);
757 $user_profile[12] = &Smilies($user_profile[12]) if $allow_images eq "ON";

[ April 29, 2001 09:04 PM: Message edited by: JZarate ]

okay I have noticed many more errors and they all include "&smiles" in the line. Any ideas?

JZ ... wish I could help, but I don't know much about hacks. I will say this: I installed the hack, and it worked almost properly from the get-go, but I reinstalled it again once I got my bearings. From that point on, it worked perfectly. Try reinstalling it now that you've installed it once and have a feel for how to do it. Maybe you made a mistake, and reinstalling will fix it.

--Dan

Looking forward to the final release ...

smile

Redshift ... the UBBcodebuttons are overwritten as part of the hack; perhaps it's not supposed to be that way, but if you want them back, you'll have to modify the templates public_new_topic.pl, public_new_reply.pl, public_pm.pl, and public_edit_topic.pl ... I think those are the names, if not ... something like that.

--Dan

good hack, works fine on my board.
thx smile

Alright. I think I installed the mod correctly (I did it fresh, not from an upgrade), but whenever I try to post I get an error about a trailing in regexp in ubb_lib.cgi at line 197. here's what line 197 looks like:

$_[0] =~ s/$smchar/ /sg;

i know very little about perl, and even less about regular expressions. i threw in a right after the s/, and i was then able to post, but none of the smilies worked.

what happen?

/brian

oh, by the way, whenever I put a after the s/, i can post and all, but smilies just show up as their text equivalent. like : ) (without the space) shows up just like text, not as the picture. and it's with all the smilies, not just ones i've added.

[ May 02, 2001 09:59 PM: Message edited by: JodoKaast ]

Ashamed to admit it, but I am going to wait for the shw file before I upgrade to 6.04d. I love this hack, but it gets monotonous to install it every time Infopop bumps us up a letter.

Amy

I'm at 6.04d now, and the hack still works (apparently).

2 questions:

1) When's the final release due?
2) Should it work with 6.1?

I might stop upgrading with the final version of the 6.0 series. Any thoughts on this. I've noticed quite a few boards still in the 5.45c stage or below, and they're still kicking. Is upgrading necessary if the board is working fine? Or does HTML and the way the Web works change periodically to necessitate periodic ubgrades? Just curious.

smile

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Jodo: You aren't supposed to change it.
Make sure you have /smilies directory inside your noncgi one.

Developer
Developer
amy: auto-install files for both multihack and scripthack wizard will be included in the next release. sorry for delay in getting these out. i have been really busy as of late and have not been able to complete the shw install files yet. stay tuned. tipsy

- ps, for those of you who like the old fashioned manual install way, the instructions to install the hack are included for the next release.

Yeah, I know I'm not _supposed_ to change it, but it doesn't work if I don't. If i leave it like it says it should be, i get error:

Content-type: text/html
Software error:
/:/: trailing in regexp at ubb_lib.cgi line 197.

where line 197 says:

$_[0] =~ s/$smchar/ /sg;

something's screwy and i don't know what. and i do have my smilies directory in the noncgi directory.

in the box for the instant graemlins, all the extra smilies i've added appear there, and clicking on them puts the appropriate text in the message body, but when trying to post, i get the above error. and if i change the line to work, the instant graemlin box still works, and i can post, but none of the smilies show up in the post. they just appear as text.

http://jodokaast.virtualave.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi to see what i'm talking about (right now i've changed the line so you can post, but the smilies appear as text).

help?

/brian

Oh, man, I really wish I could help you. For whatever reason, the smilies don't show up, as if the "disable smilies" box is checked.

What could be causing this, DPK?

I would say reinstall, but you've already done that, so I don't know. Hmmm ... confused I'm thinking ...

Perhaps you should wait until the final version is up, DELETE ALL CURRENT HACK FILES, download 6.04b (latest version), upload to 6.04b and restore to default UBB, and then upload the hack fresh (new version). If that doesn't work, the I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

--Dan

yikes... that would be a pain, to reinstall ubb and all the hacks i've already got...

if i were to reinstall ubb, how can i keep all my old posts? is there a way to do that?

/brian

Developer
Developer
Final Released! laugh

What I mean is reinstall as an upgrade, Jodo. I didn't know you had other hacks, that would be a pain. My suggestion is to completely take out the smilie hack (remove all components and restore the UBB to the way it was prior to the hack) and then install the latest version, since it's now out. I hope this helps.

Developer
Developer
WARNING: An oversite by me has produced a problem. The MultiHack install files are not usable due to a version problem with MultiHack. I am workin on correcting this asap.

Developer
Developer
Problem corrected in the zip. All about 30 of you guys who download this mod in v1.0 phase need to redownload it if u want to install using multihack.

I figured out what my problem was. Some of my smilies must have had some characters that weren't accounted for in the code as were some like |. Off the top of my head, my thoughts as to which they were would be ] and . The same thing happened when I installed the final version (as it didn't change any of that code), so i just switched around some of the text for using the smilies.

great hack though! i really appreciate it!

/brian

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63