Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PF
Nasty hack for lazy members.

Because we get quite a lot of lazy members who either dont know the edit post button exists, or just can't be bothered, I came up with this hack.

hehe this is harder to describe than to read the code out, so I'll let you guys read that instead smile

It also allows Admins, MegaMods and Mods to Double post. And since we have a FanFic's forum, it allows people with a previous LONG post (over 10000 chars) to post a reply.

On with the hack

Download: here
Demo: uhh well I suppose you could sign up at our forums and give it a go (if you're willing to stay wink ) http://www.ffaddicts.com/cgi-bin/ubb6/ultimatebb.cgi
Compatability: UBB 6.05 (I have no clue whether it will run under the newer or older BBs)

Ben

Sponsored Links
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Sounds cool, but... what if, for example, someone posted a post 10 days ago and wanted to bump it? How about making sure that the last post wasn't posted 24+ hours ago? Also, 2 replies with quotes - users might have problems copying & pasting the post including smilies and images just to add a reply with quote after another reply...

PF
Guess I didn't take the nature of other boards into account.

The addition of a Time/Date check is a pretty good idea, I didn't think of it because our board is relatively small so 10 days is only about 4 pages back on our busiest forum.

Re: The reply with quote twice. Could be an idea for another hack for the Topic Review.
e.g "Add this to reply in a quote", not sure how it'd be possible with the inline view though.

Having it the way you said creates an easy workaround for people to just keep on quote-replying to their own replies wink

Nice, but I don't think you should add the MegaMod code in since it's a hack addon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63