Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
When I complained about it, another moderator made more rude statements to me, and closed the topic:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=002307#000005

I run a UBB site, and I would never think of treating my members this badly.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
What part of LK's comment was rude? I think you're taking this too serious. He hasn't said anything rude in his warning to you. The only thing I see out of place is Sub Zero making statements for LK.

Please make sure you read the other topic.

This was about a bug in the censor function.

Charles Capps, the moderator that just closed the topic after making rude statements to me, had posted:

Do you have the censor enabled?

If so remove any non-alphanumeric characters from it, then report back here with what they are so I can add filters to prevent such things.

I had no non-alphanumeric characters in it, so I reported back to him what was in it. I used allot of "*"s for each word. For instance, if "house" were a bad word, I would have posted it as h************ou******se.

The moderator had asked what was in my censored words function. I carefully constructed a post to explain what had occurred.

Again, please read the topic: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=002307#000005

I demand an apology.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
I am not a moderator.

I am an administrator. I am one of many, including LK.

When I asked for the followup, I didn't mean for you to also include your entire censor list - just the bits that were causing problems. The problem you described in the first place is a known issue with the censor functions in certain versions.

Bypassing our censor is unwelcome. LK removed the profanities from your post and directed you to never do it again.

So here we are, months later, you finally notice it, and have blown the entire matter completely out of porportion.

You will receive no apology for actions that do not warrant an apology.

You broke the rules and were given a slap on the wrist. Would you rather have been banned outright?

When I close a topic, I do not expect it to be reopened. This topic is now closed. If you open another, your posting rights will be removed. If you have the need to further dig yourself into a hole and contact either me or LK, please do so in private.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849