Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
MultiHack 2.0
[Linked Image]

For those that are unfamiliar with MultiHack, I would like to take a minute to tell you a little about it.

MultiHack is a FREE program written by me, Troy Jones. It is designed with you in mind. MultiHack is designed to save you lots of time by helping you install hacks to your forum software. If your spend your valuable time hacking your board by hunting and searching for lines of code in lots of file so you can replace it with the modified code? If you spend your valuable time trying to figure out which files go where. If you are constantly looking through all those files just to locate a small mistake, then MultiHack is FOR YOU. Let MultiHack do all that work for you in a few seconds.

MultiHack was also written with the hack author in mind! Every hack author can take the same steps they would normally while writing out a text file for others and easily save them as "mods" within MultiHack. Once the mod is complete all the author has to do is push a button to export the "hack" into a single file. These completed mods are even single files when the author adds additional files like new CGI files, templates, graphics, etc... Everything is automatically compressed into a single file. GUESS WHAT ELSE! When end users download the single MultiHack file, all they have to do is push a button to import the file into their MultiHack database and it is instantly ready to install with another push of a button! That's it! Download…import…install…then upload the completed files to your server. What used to take hours now takes seconds! This will also drastically reduce the time hack authors have to spend trying to find mistakes in the end users board because they missed a step. If its in your file, then its automatically installed in their files.

Lastly, MultiHack is a database of all your hacks as well, so once a hack is imported or created, unless you delete it, you have it! When a new version of your forum comes out, replacing all your hacks will only take seconds. Eliminating the dreaded, “here comes another board version.” Or, if a hack author comes out with an “upgrade” to his hack, he can build an “upgrade” file and/or full version so users can upgrade their board in a few more seconds.

Key Features of MultiHack include:

Support for both Ultimate Bulletin Board and vBulletin.

Modification types
Add Before
Add After
Insert
Append
Replace
Delete

Modification Order - Allows you to select what mods get installed when, per file.

Mod Instances - Let you select what instance (or all instances) of the text you would like to modify.

Hack Analysis - Make sure a hack will install correctly BEFORE you make changes to your files.

Full Import/Export functions - Let you export to a standard MultiHack file, or you can export the hack into a normal text file. This is for those of you that like to do things the hard way.

Full Editing of hacks - Once a hack is created, you have FULL control over that hack. Preview each step, see how each change is done, and make changes to whatever you want. (Makes finding errors very simple)

Pre/Post installation instructions - These windows pop up with valuable information the hack author wants people to be aware of, at the right time.

Logging - All hack installation activity is displayed. If a hack won't install correctly, you are shown which step failed and why (if possible) the hack could not be installed.

Windows & UNIX output formats - Windows commonly stores files with CRLF at the end, Unix with LF only. You can specify as a default or “on the fly” which format you want to use.

Please visit http://www.multihack.com for more information and to get your FREE copy!

Sponsored Links
Hi Troy-

I dont know if its a lame question, but does your program have an option to write a .txt file with manual directions for modyfing the files?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! wink

Example:
Code
code:

Oh great and how do i convert the old format to v2.0.1?

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can't, you'll have to do it from the beginning

Sponsored Links
Ok. I think Troy should mantain the last old version in the download area for older hacks

Yay! @ last we have multihack 2!!!

Also I am happy because i am getting broadband on monday

And so another year begins...
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
All finished modifications will have mhk/mhp's written for them and placed :: Here

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
All of the old hacks are still available for download.

There are two reasons that I did not make an upgrade function from the old hacks to the new ones.

#1: All of the MHK 1.5.4 hacks that I know of were done for UBB 6.0 or lower. None of these work on the latest UBB and if they do they are usually really simply to redo.

#2: I don't think many hack authors desiring to convert old hacks that don't work any longer to the new MHK.

In the future I plan on creating update functions as they are needed though so don't have any worries there.

Also, I am not that happy with the text file Export so if you have any suggestions on layout, etc.. I am more than willing to hear them. Examples are REALLY good too.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Troy:
Code
code:
Ex.
Code
code:
BTW, in the current version, the support files' directory is the one set in the program, but sometimes cgi-bin == variables, and therefore the user can't know if it should be in the CGI-BIN dir or the VARIABLES dir.

[ 12-06-2001 02:49 PM: Message edited by: LK ]

Sponsored Links
I just visited the UBB MK download and would like to make a suggestion.

Make sure that the old hacks and the new hacks are clearly marked so when people go to download them they get the right ones.

quote:
This depends on the hacker who did it

Troy, how about giving users the ability to choose ">>>>" or "####" marks on the "find/replace" code, along with custom headers and disclaimers for it; there could be a "template" or something.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
Sure, it hasn't even been released for 24 hours yet and you want changes... j/k

CopyCat,
Good suggestions, I'll see about adding them in.

LK,
Nice format, I'll probably use it as a default.

Snip1er,
I made a few changes to the 1.5.4 MHK pages to help clarify. Let me know what you think.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
quote:
I'm not positive on what you mean here LK. Do you mean the default database config? MHK has settings for the Variables path as well as CGI-BIN seperatly that the hack author can choose from.

Great to see this finally released Troy! smile

Is it compulsory to have mhx files with Finished Mods? (I'll have to do it for my finished Hack then).

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
LD,

I think more than anything Allen wants them done so we have a nice database of MHK files. Not to mention, once you get used to it and find people can install your hacks easier(and you as well), you will WANT to make them. At least I hope so. heh

Allen has had a lot of practice creating MHK files as a beta tester for the program, but I'm sure he will not feel slighted if other hack authors make them themselves.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:
I mean, that if the author chooses that cgi-bin and varaibles will be in the same directory, the text file will say:

Filename: ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

Filename: vars_calendar.cgi

instead of:

Filename: ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

Filename: vars_calendar.cgi

Troy, I've never make a MHX file before. So I'll have to learn.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
It isn't too hard. =) There is documention included as well. If you need any help, of course feel free to ask.

I'll just follow the tutorial for this on your site. (If there is one)

LordDexter, I can give a quick lesson for ya.

1. Once the program is open and your settings are set (there is a section in the docs that explain this but questions to clarify things can be answered easily here.
2. Hit [create] and a new window will open.
3. Fill out the boxes for {author name} {Hack Type} {ets...}
4. Push either [Add] to add a single step or [>> (next to add)] to add multiple steps (recommended)
5. Then start adding the steps and what needs to be done.

IE Mod File = ubb_lib_posting.cgi
Mod File Location = cgi
Add before
Old Data = find this
new data = what you want added before the Old Code
***Then hit the save button at the bottom and start the next step.

Pretty simple and very quick. After you are done, close that window and you will automatically be taken back to the main screen. Select the hack you just put in and hit [Analyze]. A report will show if there are any errors. If not, then close that window and hit [install] If there are errors, then go back in and fix them...

[ 12-08-2001 10:30 AM: Message edited by: snip1er ]

I wasn't clear in an earlier post. When I was asking to clearly mark older hacks form newer ones, I was referring to https://ubbdev.com/mhk/ . All of those MHK files are for the old version of MultiHack and will not work with 2.0. So we need something like

MK 1.5 hacks
hack here
hack here
hack here

MK 2.0 hacks
hack here
hack here
hack here

Other wise people will be (and might even right now) be downloading the older hacks and finding that they will not import. We should also get up the hacks for 2.0 that are already done so people can start using them. I don't see any yet...

For those looking for MultiHack files already build go to the MK site at http://www.multihack.com/hacks20/ubb/61/hacks20_ubb61.html

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
We'll be clearly defining the old from the new at /mhk

LD, once you do the first one or two it's simple, there's much less chance for mistakes, and gets it right everytime

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Making a new category in the database to handle these instead, with Troy and an assistant(s) moderating them. It'll be much easier to maintain once I finish adding the upload script in than the old /mhk. It will also be searchable, something the /mhk page was unable to do, and in alphabetical order. All the old ones will be put in their proper forum. A views counter will complete the accomodations. smile

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?category=5

I'll make an announcement for the mhk once we get the db in order

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Troy:

1. I've accidently saved Calendar Hack as "starrtime", and when I noticed it's .mhp I tried to Import it while another instance of Calendar Hack is opened, and I got some out-of-range error. I can't reproduce it though, but I'm pretty sure it's a bug...

2. The "no-validate mode - instances including last mod" bug still exists...

[edit: #1 is actually in MHK 1.5.4, ignore it ]

[ 12-08-2001 03:19 PM: Message edited by: LK ]

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
When I added Chat Mod 1.21's support files, I clicked on chat.gif, shift and chat_title.gif (9 files between them - 11 total IIRC), and it crashed...

[edit: also, you'll have to click on SAVE after EVERY path modification instead of only after the last one]

[ 12-08-2001 03:26 PM: Message edited by: LK ]

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
I also have a hacks page available at http://www.multihack.com/hacks.html.

There will be a more user friendly link available soon from all of the pages.

LK,

I'll see what I can find. If it crashed, it's a bug. You said that you imported a hack while you had the hack already open, how did you accomplish this? You shouldn't be able to get to the import screen while you have the edit screen open. That would be the source of the problem more than likely.

The No validate thing... alright, I'll check that one too.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I am seeing when I create a new one and "add" a modification, it gives the previous modification the "modification file location" of the present one when I click on save on the new one. I think that is a clear explanation

File upload capability added to the database, we'll be adding the mhk's there as they are made available smile )

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks for your help guys. I am currently downloading the program and I'll give it a shot later.

AllenAyres,

Excellent service! That is much cleaner and more efficient than the old page. Thanks for keeping with the spirit of MK and keeping it simple and efficient.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome smile I made several for the finished modifications, but they are at work, I'll add them if they aren't done by someone else by then.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Nice job Troy. This looks to be a nice program that we will use as time savers! smile

quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
Welcome smile I made several for the finished modifications, but they are at work, I'll add them if they aren't done by someone else by then.

Which ones have you done them for Allen?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I don't remember.... I know I did some that sniper has already done and submitted.. I may have done another one or two but can't remember and won't be able to find out until tomorrow afternoon when I check at work

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Ok cool. Well post back here when ya have checked at work.

Content Queen
Content Queen
I just have to say this -- Troy, you are a pure genius for creating this program.

For those of you hesitating in using it to install hacks, you're either a masochist or very good at hacking code.

Since I don't like to torture myself ( laugh

Sue
adwoff.com
Content Queen
Content Queen
Hey Allen, an FYI, at the database for the multihack files, some of the links for documentation are "bad" because you have the "db" in the URL

Here's an example:
https://ubbdev.com/db/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000044

Sue
adwoff.com
LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Thanks, fixed

Content Queen
Content Queen
So, Allen & LK,

Is it dangerous to ask which hacks will be converted into MHK files next? laugh )

Okay, enough for the night (Monday/Tuesdays are my "weekend" because I work retail )

Thanks, again, for all who helped me out -- especially Allen.

Sue
adwoff.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63