Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Doh!

I just gave the text instructions yet another try on a fresh install of UBB v6.3,
and it seems to work just fine.

Try downloading the text instructions again, I just updated it now.
I may have missed something the last time. smile

Sponsored Links
I am having the same problem with my board as well. No quotes, yet Syntax table is showing up. I installed using the newest text directions in the link in this thread and I imported the instructions to Multi hack. Still a no go. http://snow.prohosting.com/dms78363/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Hmm... could you open vars_idle.cgi (variables/cgi directory) and post the contents here?

You can also try the following to see if UBB is actually reading the quotes properly:

[code][/code]Then look for "rq_debug.txt" in your NonCGI directory, open it and see if there has any quote been written to it.

Nope no text file in either cgi nor non cgi directories. Also the vars_idle.cgi coding is here:
[code][/code]

I had a look at the instructions again, and added a couple of steps... re-tested everything as well.

Download the updated instructions.

You'll need to overwrite cp_quotes.cgi, do the two steps added for ultimatebb.cgi and the two ones added for cp.cgi.

Oh, I also updated the code for modifying your public_forum_summary.pl (both normal and JCTemplates).

Give it a try and see if that works. smile

Sponsored Links
Nope. Same thing. I started from scratch on the same hacked board. I made a mhp file out of the updated instructions as well. I also noticed that one step in cp.cgi was repeated twice. Or at least there is not two lines with :
[code][/code]The MHP file I made with Multi Hack v2.0 can be downloaded here:
http://snow.prohosting.com/dms78363/hacks/rqs_63xx.mhp

I don't think I messed anything up. And I am not using JCTemplates at all.

Oops... I updated the text instructions, for some reason I had pasted the cp.cgi code twice.

Oh, and added the "missing" step for ultimatebb.cgi as well.

If you still don't have any luck with that,
you can PM me your test board's stuff and I'll have a look and modify the thing for you. wink

Ok, again I updated the multihack file I made and nothing, so I just did it by hand and bam now I got quotes. For some reason it dont like the multi hack. I mopdified the instructions a little where you have to put the variables in. Maybe I was supposed to use insert instead of add after. smile anyway I got mine working. Was hoping to update a Multi hack for you but oh well. Now all we need is that little cache bug fixed to get the quotes to refresh. Without having to clear the cache on every page load. smile good hack though.

Finally!

I'm new to this MultiHack stuff... don't like it at all, but then again that's just my not so humble opinion. tipsy

Yeah, as for the cache "bug", I'm still trying to figure something out for that one.
But doesn't it change when someone posts on your board?
It should do (it does for me) since the forum summary cache is cleared after each new post made. confused

Good point. I will keep an eye out for that.

Sponsored Links
Yay, mine does update after someone posts. Which is not that bad, does get people to post afterall. tipsy

Yeah.
In my opinion it's alright.
After all, the quotes aren't supposed to attract your visitors, constantly refreshing just to see the next one. tipsy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
badfrog
badfrog
somewhere on the coast of Maine
Forum Statistics
Forums63