Link: MultiHack File

Author: Philipp

Demo: https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi

Requirement: UBBâ„¢ 6.2.1 - 6.3.0.1 vars_wordlets_mods

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Many thanks Allen.
I already installed the 6.2 version on my 6.3.0 board, is this the same or do I need to update?

Bah another MultiHack only mod, useless if you can't run MH (crash/hangs) or find it screws your own customisations up - thanks again =).

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
mark, I am sure someone will spit a text file out for you... MH does that. tipsy

quote:
Originally posted by Syntax:
Many thanks Allen.
I already installed the 6.2 version on my 6.3.0 board, is this the same or do I need to update?

It's the same.. no changes were needed, so I posted it up here too smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
quote:

Bah another MultiHack only mod, useless if you can't run MH (crash/hangs) or find it screws your own customisations up - thanks again =).

Not suprisingly I've never gotten a bug report from you about it.

I really would wish people would quit bashing things when they are too lazy to do anything themselves. Especially when they would only be helping themselves out.

Sponsored Links
Hehe, i like MH I just prefere to install the scripts myself to help me learn what they do and how they function smile

quote:
Not suprisingly I've never gotten a bug report from you about it.

I really would wish people would quit bashing things when they are too lazy to do anything themselves. Especially when they would only be helping themselves out.

Firstly you haven't got a bug report because there's no point, your software isn't designed to work under my server O/S - (crashes were an example).

Secondly the very reason I want a text version with clear instructions is because I'm the exact opposite of lazy, I pay attention to detail and can only have things done right if it's manually done and takes time - more work - not less.

MH is no good for me, I can only work directly with text files under my software and wish people would stop 'bashing' those who don't want to use it or can't. All I ask is that hacks be released in dual TEXT and MH format, the text version not being just MH output, desriptions are needed.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:
All I ask is that hacks be released in dual TEXT and MH format, the text version not being just MH output, desriptions are needed.
The regular docs are just like MultiHack's exported ones, actually MHK's docs have MORE details. You can't see comments in the regular instructions (like "Find: (it adds an error to unregistered people)"), but when you export MHK file to text, you see something like that (Mod Info: Add After, Comment: it adds an error to unregistered people, etc or something like that).
I also hope you know you can see the changes in MHK, so the hack authors can't add backdoors and you can know everything it does and change it to fit your mods (troy also can't add backdoors cause beyond compare shows all differences). If you have a problem with MHK's output text's look, you'll have to get used to it, cause it also takes time to hack authors to create text files and especially support them officially (many install bugs with text files)

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
I think the text output from multihack is great. It took about 30 seconds to get use to it then it was smooth sailing.

Member / MultiHacker
Member / MultiHacker
quote:

Firstly you haven't got a bug report because there's no point, your software isn't designed to work under my server O/S - (crashes were an example).

What OS are you running? If it is a windows based OS, other than 3.1 and maybe 95 then it should work fine. MHK was developed on Win98, Win2k and lastly WinXP.

If you are running something else, then ok. But I don't know how it crashed if it wasn't a WinOS since that's all it will run under.

As for it screwing up your own customizations, how? Since MHK doesn't do anything the hack wouldn't do, you should be saying that the hack isn't compatible with your current files.

You can look at each and every step in a MHK file and modify those steps as well, so the changes are open for you to see. If you don't want to use it, no problem there. Just try and not give the wrong impression to those that might not be using it by making vague or incorrect statements about it.

I don't bash people that don't use it, to each their own. Just have a good reason for it before you slam the program. I wrote it, for free and never expected anything from it.

Sponsored Links
Is there a way to make it so that only certain forums can allow a rating. I want to use this to have people rate courses that are submitted.

Can any body post ubb_rate_topic.cgi I rely need it ASAP
I cold not extract it from the multi hack file pleas help

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thank you AllenAyres you have saved my thank you again

I rely like your hack very match
The only thing I do not like about it is that it use the IP to know the voter I think it would be much more useful if it use the user number instead.
The other thing is that if the alt in the star change to the number of voter
One more thing
If there is a way of having a list of user that can vote not all user

All of the above I have made in my board if you allow me I cold post it hear

Thank you for your grate hack

what do i need to do to make it work on 6.3.1.1?
now it comes up with a blank page after rating and wont record the rating either....

Rehack. This code will work just fine on ubb's up to at least 6.6.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63