Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Why was this thread closed?

It seems a little cold to close a thread with no obvious reason. Couldn't it have been moved to another forum for discussion? There is a valid issue here that deserves attention for UBB Developers, regardless of how 'designed' the behavior is. This whole site is an affront to 'designed behavior'!

Also, why do you suppose this person posted this? Obviously they don't like this behavior and want to hack it out. As always, bugs are in the eye of the beholder. Do you think a cookie cutter 'designed behavior' response is going to make them go away? As you can see, you can't stop discussion about something just by closing a thread.

Locking up names that are supposed to be deleted is just another undisclosed tidbit of information that I didn't know until now. I guess LK didn't know about it either. Shouldn't a customer of Infopop and an admin of a UBB site have access to facts like these?

I guess the previous sentence explains my issue here. Is there some reason why this shouldn't be talked about?

If this thread was moved and I didn't find it, then I apologize. Perhaps a hack to tell where a thread has been moved to is in order.

Otherwise, will all threads on this topic be closed?

"For who would lie idle when the king has returned?"
www.MinasTirith.com
Sponsored Links
Dont reopen closed threads. Charles must've had reasons to close the thread. Wrong forum maybe? Maybe its false information about ubb?

Coder
Coder
The "designed" behaviour is not to let the system reuse IDs that were in previous use as was confirmed to me on the beta board.

This is not a bug which is probily why the thread was closed so that people do not get the idea that it is.

I would suspect this should be just moved to the beta modification board or final board as a modification to allow UBB to re-use IDs and leave it at that.

IP does not hide any thing from its customers as you can not expect them to outline every little tid bit of what what I guess is close to a million lines of code does within every circumstance.

Just my .02

I think he forgot he was on UBB Dev for a sec and was closing a thread in UBB Support forums.

Anyway, this is a mod suggesstion thread. Like I said before, what you call a bug, they call a feature. This person may still think it's a bug much like most people think current PM support is buggy, even though it's probably designed to be that way.

The word 'bug' in a thread subject here is no call to halt discussion. Maybe he could change the subject wording if it offended him. To stop discussion on a site where talking about UBB hacks is the goal is just mental.

quote:
IP does not hide any thing from its customers as you can not expect them to outline every little tid bit of what what I guess is close to a million lines of code does within every circumstance.

I never said they were hiding anything. And don't exaggerate what I'm asking. I don't need complete and total knowledge of everything that's happening in the code. However, I don't think it's too much to ask to have some sort of Admin documentation that collects some facts that are almost undocumented.

I get caught with my pants down from time to time when something funky happens and I don't have any answer for the people on my site. People expect the admin to actually know things about the message board. I have only two ways of getting information: a treasure hunt in the message boards or learning the hard way. Perhaps a fact of life with UBB, but I don't have to be happy about it.

Just a double check on the facts here: Rebuilding the member stat files removes deleted public display names, but deleted usernames are forever locked, right?

"For who would lie idle when the king has returned?"
www.MinasTirith.com
Ok, good point. But this is a reopened thread and its not permitted here. Since this'll start being a flame war i'll close it when i'm done.

I'm done.
Thanks for understanding.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63