Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
twslex, what does the MD5 thing have to do with it? confused Also I couldn't find it in any of your posts in this topic....
?? Can't find me own posting, so compaired some code quick and dirty:

Code
[/code]Should be place inplace of this:
[code]
At least to have it working for me on ubb 6.4.0.1 with an selective amount of hacks installed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much, it works now.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
hmm, as far as I know ubb_lib_calendar is being called only from ultimatebb, which has already declared $username, $password and $user_number confused

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
hmm, as far as I know ubb_lib_calendar is being called only from ultimatebb, which has already declared $username, $password and $user_number confused
Somehow it does stick always, that was what i had to find out.

Same goes for the upload mod, if the code to re-get the username isn't done, it will say, u are not allowed and so on.

eek

Veteran
Veteran
SeƱor LK, anyway the Control panel could be wordletised in the next release?

thanks smile

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Sponsored Links
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I guess I could do that, but you should probably remind me when I'm doing an updated version...

Content Queen
Content Queen
LK, I installed the calendar hack into my test board (6.5.0 Beta 1) without any problems tonight. smile

I also added in your untested modification to have you go to the bottom of the page whenever you click on a date. Sweet! help would be greatly appreciated.

One thought for future upgrades for your calendar hack: is there any way we can have the option of having it at the top or the bottom via the control panel? Kind of like the Recent Visitors deal.

Thanks.

Sue
adwoff.com
Content Queen
Content Queen
LK or anyone else who has combined the calendar mod with the megamod--what code needs to be changed so that megamods can have calendar privileges?

I installed the megamod hack into my 6.5.0 Beta 1 test board without any problems ... and so far, it seems as if the megamod may do everything--but post to the calendar.

Can anyone help help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Sue
adwoff.com
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Sue...

in ubb_lib_calendar:
replace
Code
[/code]with
Code
</pre></div></div>and replace:<br><br><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
with:
[code]
After that your MegaMods should be able to post events smile . I know it can be made cleaner, but I do what I can off no sleep smirk...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Ok, I'm having one issue with this mod on 6.5, for some reason I'm not seeing the calendar on the forum summary on my testboard (I followed instructions I swear it!), can anyone lend me a hand?

http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
my provider drives me crazy mad to prevent exploits he disable the php include () from external urls. I use the calendar with SSI for my homepage.

All other includes (content island) now work again after changing the path to absolute server path but I cant bring the calendar back to work. If I try to use absolute path with the include call the script itself will displayd and not executed.

What my isp have done:

allow_url_fopen in PHP set to 'Off' in server config.

Any clue how to use cgi ssi in PhP pages with this ? I dont know if Java still works but I dont like it. Java is not displayd with Opera.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Ok, this is really starting to mess with my head now frown ... I have the calendar running on my test board:
http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Only thing is it won't show on the page at all lol... I've tried doing the mod over 3 times to see if I did something wrong, but either I'm repeating the error or something is wrong...

I'm also, if I can get the calendar to work in the first place, wanting to have the calendar shown above "Please login" and "welcome our newest member".

Any help would be appreciated since I hate asking for it in the first place frown ...

A few suggestions.

How about some notes on Upgrade.cgi? It's about as sparse a piece of code as you can get.
Some questions you can answer are:

- How are we supposed to know what version we have? I installed my calendar over a year ago
and I have no idea what I have. Does it make a difference which I pick? What happens if I
pick the wrong one? Should I run once with both options to be sure?

- How long does the upgrade take to run? I hit ā€œContinueā€ after a minute or two and I got
an error about permissions on my member file. Does this mean I need to reset permissions and
run it again and leave it running this time? Does it mean I picked the wrong older version?
Under what conditions should I ever click ā€œContinueā€?

- And whatā€™s up with the title ā€œUpgrading - Calendar Hack 1.0 - 1.8 - 1.9ā€? Should 1.9
be 2.0 now? 1.9+?

Another pet peeve is how you have ā€œcalendar.txtā€ setup. Why do you put the edits in that order?
I have my UBB files saved off to my hard drive in the same directory structure as UBB has it.
So when I have to go back and forth between editing .cgi and .pl files I have to change
directories 9 times! I could see if you had them ordered for another purpose, but theyā€™re not
even in alpha order in case you have all the files to edit in one directory. Give us a
break and cut and paste a bit!

I wish you would upgrade the design a bit and make things look a bit better. Shouldnā€™t
ā€œAdd a new eventā€ and ā€œReview today's eventsā€œ be on the same line and moved to one side or
the other? A lot of graphical tweaks could be done to remove blank lines and tighten things
up. The ā€œAdd New Eventā€ header bar text should be moved to the left to match standard
UBB.classic. The ā€œReview Todayā€™s Eventsā€ header bat text should read ā€œReview Events for ā€¦ā€
and font size should match every other text bar like it. There are a lot of little things
like that that could use some work.

A wish list item would be an admin function to clean and refresh the birthdays that people
set in their profile. All you would need would be a single character flag added to the
calendar event that tells whether the event came from a userā€™s profile or was custom added.
Then, on a click in the CP, all those profile birthdays could be removed and members could
be searched for their ā€œCheck To Display Birthdayā€ flag. Deleted members would be expunged and
any glitches would be corrected.

Other than that, the program works great. wink

"For who would lie idle when the king has returned?"
www.MinasTirith.com
Where's LK?!?

www.MinasTirith.com
Veteran
Veteran
quote:
Originally posted by White Gold Wielder:
Where's LK?!?
He had to travel for a few days, not sure when he si due back

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You have some pretty good ideas!

I'll probably make 2.1 soon, with all your suggestions...

hmmm well i installed the hack correctly on 6.5.0 but when i click on calendar it says:

FYI
You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

Ā» Please use your browser's back button to return.

I believe it was the famous killahbyte who once said all computers run at the same speed................................when they're off he he he = )
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Re-modify ultimatebb.cgi smile

I recently upgraded to UBB.classic 6.5, but I removed the calendar which was causing me errors. Since then people have really missed it!

I could just re-hack it in with your latest version, but I think I'll wait for 2.1.

Anyway, this is some not-so-subtle encouragement to work on an upgrade to your calendar. It's a great program and could easily be an Infopop standard if you kept improving it! laugh

www.MinasTirith.com
LK, is there a way to post an image (icon) on the headline part? My calendar shows full moons and new moons for the next few years and I would like to display an image on the calendar part (not the description, as this is already possible).

Thanks.

bump

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
no, it's not possible yet...

todo list for v2.1:
  • put version number at top of lib_calendar..
  • put add new event and review at the same line, one at the left side and one at the right side.
  • add maintenance birthdays from CP
  • redesign calendar.txt
  • ability to add images to title
  • built-in megamod support?

May I request repeated entries such as Monthly or Weekly? Basically an option that will allow the user to post events that will carry over to upcoming months without having to add the events every month. smile

I think this is one of the better functional mods out for UBB and believe it will make it more user-friendly. Props to a great job so far. thumbsup

Thanks LK. I'll keep checking back. Your work is much appreciated.

I have birthdays showing up on my calendar just fine, but they won't appear in my member profiles:

See Sample

It's also creating an error on the page. When I researched it, it was this line:

[code][/code]Any ideas why? I figured it was the calendar hack, but I could be wrong...

Question: at the bottom of my calendar where it normally says "no events scheduled for today" or lists the event. my scheduled events do not actually update or refresh from day to day until someone makes a post.
EX. Say tomorrow an event should display such as a birthday. Well that event will not show up that day until someone posts something on the board.
anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen???

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
catcherman - both these things have nothing to do with calendar, UBB 6.2 and newer have birthdays in profile even without using the calendar and the calendar hack doesn't touch this code...

reakhavok - it's on purpose, to make it easier on your server cause probably if nobody posts nobody also checks today's events...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
May I request repeated entries such as Monthly or Weekly? Basically an option that will allow the user to post events that will carry over to upcoming months without having to add the events every month. smile

I think this is one of the better functional mods out for UBB and believe it will make it more user-friendly. Props to a great job so far. thumbsup
me too smile I love this mod, adding repeating events will make it more user-friendly smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by ADWOFF:
LK, I installed the calendar hack into my test board (6.5.0 Beta 1) without any problems tonight. smile

I also added in your untested modification to have you go to the bottom of the page whenever you click on a date. Sweet! help would be greatly appreciated.

One thought for future upgrades for your calendar hack: is there any way we can have the option of having it at the top or the bottom via the control panel? Kind of like the Recent Visitors deal.

Thanks.
I was just visiting your board and love how you got it setup with the image and everything. How did you do that?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
If you're talking about Recent Visitors, first in CP choose that it will dock, then in quicksummary make it to be with an image... take the code from my chat mod (public_forum_summary) and use its pattern on quicksummary sub..

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
If you're talking about Recent Visitors, first in CP choose that it will dock, then in quicksummary make it to be with an image... take the code from my chat mod (public_forum_summary) and use its pattern on quicksummary sub..
I was talking about this...
[Linked Image]

I don't want mine to be that strip at the bottom, I want it to look like my newsfader at the top smile

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
ok, I got it, I was able to make the cells for it, and then I went into the ubb_forum_summary.cgi and changed the output of the calendar laugh

Ed Offline
Is there any word on when Version 2.1 will be available?

Thanks,
Ed :rolleyes:

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes... 'when it's done' - wait, that's 3 words... ok... 'soon'

wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
lol tipsy

it's done when 6.6 beta is out...

Ed Offline
Will it work with 6.5?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
the control panel steps will probably be different so you'll have to edit vars_calendar manually (or edit the whole cp_vars_calendar.pl), but the other pars would probably be the same...

I can't get it to work frown I think I must have uploaded something to the wrong folder. Can you tell me which folder I'm supposed to update these to?
birthday.gif
calendar.txt
cp_vars_calendar.pl
public_calendar_display.pl
public_calendar_review.pl
public_new_calendar_event.pl
ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
upgrade.cgi
vars_calendar.cgi
vars_calendar_events.cgi
vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
.pl files to noncgi/Templates folder, .cgi to cgi-bin folder, .gif to noncgi folder. calendar.txt you don't upload, you open it and do the steps it tells you to...

White Gold Wielder said:
quote:
A wish list item would be an admin function to clean and refresh the birthdays that people set in their profile. All you would need would be a single character flag added to the calendar event that tells whether the event came from a userā€™s profile or was custom added. Then, on a click in the CP, all those profile birthdays could be removed and members could be searched for their ā€œCheck To Display Birthdayā€ flag. Deleted members would be expunged and any glitches would be corrected.
LK said:
quote:
[qb]You have some pretty good ideas!

I'll probably make 2.1 soon, with all your suggestions...[/qb]
LK also said:
quote:
todo list for v2.1:
Ā§ add maintenance birthdays from CP
So does this maintenance from CP mean we will have the functionality I suggested above? Will there be any other functionality?

www.MinasTirith.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63