Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#197865 12/25/2002 3:07 PM
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Original Author: jordo.

Description: This modification will add a calendar to your UBB™. UBB™'s birthday will show up in the calendar and add an avatar near the user's name in his/her birthday. You will also be able to post an announcement and set a calendar date and it will show it in the calendar. It's 100% Templetized and Wordletized™ and includes a CP interface.

Requirements: Valid license, UBB™ 6.4.0.

Download: ZIP File or MultiHack File

Demo: http://www.lkworld.com

Number of Downloads: [img]https://ubbdev.com/lk/num.php?s=calendar64.zip,calendar64.mhp[/img]

Differences from 6.3 version: Calendar SSI now can be used as JavaScript, if you add "?j=yes" (or ";j=yes" in little calendar); little calendar SSI: ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi?s=yes instead of ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi.

Good luck! smile

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
yay! laugh

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
yay! laugh
I couldn't think of a better way to say it myself...

Question about something in the readme for this one:

quote:

# NOTE: Do NOT upload upgrade.cgi if #
# you're not upgrading. #
Upgrading what? Upgrading the calendar hack, or UBB itself? That seems a bit unclear to me.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I mean if you're upgrading from an old version of Calendar hack which uses field #55

Sponsored Links
Ah, OK. I got it working after some initial trouble where I could not see any options in the control panel.

Turns out I uploaded the template to the JCTemplates directory - Duh!

Anyway, is there a way to delete entered calendar entries? If something gets in there by mistake, I can't see a way to edit/remove it.

Also, what about entering events with old dates? I wanted to use this on my board and put in the release date history for our old products, but there doesn't seem to be a way to enter events with a year before the current one. I could put them all in the current year, but that's not really what I wanted to do.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can delete by clicking on the "Review today's events" link, right after the events list

About last year, just put it this year and choose to make it yearly or add "One Year Anniversary" tipsy

So there's no real way to add events in the past, eh? Any chance of that happening? I'd really like to enter old dates.

Edit: Thought of a way around it. I can create accounts with the names of our videogames, and assign them birthdays with the actual release dates. That'll work, but I still would like to create events with past dates.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Next year (in a few days) they'll have a hard time ACCESSING '2001, so no need to tipsy

MMMnnn, just been testing it on a test board, it seems to work fine with standard templates but not with my jctemplates (latest version). Am i missing something?

Sponsored Links
I use JC Templates, didn't have a problem getting it working. I had to adjust a bit in the public_common template, but otherwise it wasn't that difficult.

quote:
Next year (in a few days) they'll have a hard time ACCESSING '2001, so no need to
Well, I've been abler to go into 2006 anyway, as Dec 2005 seems to be the highest selectable date in the dropdown, but if you go that month and start using "Next month", you can go further.

Why the restriction anyway? Is there a technical reason why we can't enter dates in the past?

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Siegler:
I use JC Templates, didn't have a problem getting it working. I had to adjust a bit in the public_common template, but otherwise it wasn't that difficult.

MMnnn, shall have a look again. Thnxs.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
No Joe, it's just laziness wink You can change it to have 2001 in public_new_calendar_event.pl, I think...

quote:
No Joe, it's just laziness
Pretty please? I'll send you some videogames. smile

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Siegler:
Edit: Thought of a way around it. I can create accounts with the names of our videogames, and assign them birthdays with the actual release dates. That'll work, but I still would like to create events with past dates.
Found a better way. In editing a birthday event, I noticed it computes the number of years back by using this: <--1993-->

w00t! Forget my quoted idea. I can create them with any old year, and then insert that in there for "Duke Nukem 3D v1.0 was released <--1996--> years ago on this day". Works much nicer than the user account/birthday idea.

Hi There

Trying to install this in 6.40 using JC Templates

I see Joe has it sorted any chance you paste the code here please

Thanxs in advance

slev

At least this one:

Find in Public_topic_page.cgi:
$linkname

Replace with:

$linkname$birthdayfields[3]

Very useful hack LK...I've been using it for the past 2 upgrades. I noticed that if there is a repeating event (every week of every month) there is only the "weekly" option which means if I entered a weekly event in January it will no longer show up in February.

I'm not a coder but is it possible for you to add a weekly option that will rollover every month? Maybe even a monthly option? smile

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can add this event 12 times tipsy

Well not quite the answer I was looking for. wink

Thanks for replying though LK.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You can add the event once, say in the last week of January, open vars_calendar_events.cgi and add 28 days 11 times? tipsy (maybe in the middle add 35 instead of 28)

Hahaa...I guess that's one way to do it. Not dynamic but effective.

Content Queen
Content Queen
LK, I installed this to my test 6.4 board w/the Multihack file, and I had no problems. Thank you for creating/porting such an "easy" hack for people like me! laugh tipsy

Sue
adwoff.com
Just a little adjustment to the calander code to make it more look a like to the other features:

Change this in ubb_forum_summery:

Code
[/code]into this:

Code
</pre></div></div>Enjoy.<br><br>And for those of u who are using JCTemplate, just modify this in public_forum_summary:<br><br>After this:<br><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
Place this line:
[code]
Enjoy it or not, at i will.

It looks great! But when I click the Calendar link, it looks for a ultimatebb.pl file in the /cgi-bin. Where is it?

Disregard! I changed the .pl too .cgi and everything works GREAT!

Thank You!

Content Queen
Content Queen
LK, I do have one suggestion for the Calendar; let's say you click on January 17 ... it'd be great if there would be an "anchor" that would take the user to the actual event at the bottom of the calendar.

Would this be easy or difficult to do?

Sue
adwoff.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Sue, it's pretty easy: in ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:
Find:
Code
[/code]replace with:
Code
</pre></div></div>Open public_calendar_display.pl. Find:<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
replace with:[code]
Not tested, but should work smile

Quick suggestion ... how about putting the 'calendar' where it shows today's events underneath the 'Recent Visitors' of the main page instead of all the way down at the bottom of all the forums?
And where would you make that change? Please? laugh

quote:
Originally posted by ¥øüñg Tæ ßÿüñ:
Quick suggestion ... how about putting the 'calendar' where it shows today's events underneath the 'Recent Visitors' of the main page instead of all the way down at the bottom of all the forums?
And where would you make that change? Please? laugh
public_forum_summary

That doesn't tell me much. What code do I put where and how, etc. etc. laugh

Nice car laugh

1998 Firebird Formula with a blower and then some...
quote:
Originally posted by DarkFormula:
Nice car laugh
Stay on topic! laugh

Just kidding ... thanks. And could you UBB hackers please take a look at my request/question posted a couple up? tipsy

quote:
quote:
[qb]Originally posted by DarkFormula:
Nice car laugh [/qb]
Stay on topic! laugh

When can i get that testdrive of a month in that car?

Just to be on topic, that is thumbsup

Do u use jctemplates?

No, I do not use JC Templates. You will get a ride as co-pilot when you visit Colorado along with getting back to the original subject. tipsy

quote:
No, I do not use JC Templates. You will get a ride as co-pilot when you visit Colorado along with getting back to the original subject. tipsy
Ok, just bought the ticket for colerado.

U mean this:
[Linked Image]

In the file: public_forum_summary.cgi
[code][/code]Pick one of the $calendar options in this piece of code.

Everything works perfectly until I try to add or edit an event. Then I get this message:

"You are not logged in. You must be logged in (and registered) to perform this function.
Login"

Can anyone please tell me if they have any idea what I have done wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by Ellen:
Everything works perfectly until I try to add or edit an event. Then I get this message:

"You are not logged in. You must be logged in (and registered) to perform this function.
Login"

Can anyone please tell me if they have any idea what I have done wrong?
if u are using ubb.classic 6.4, then yes.
Download from one of the early posting of me the modified hack which includes the md5 hash encryption needed for ubb6.4++

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
twslex, what does the MD5 thing have to do with it? confused Also I couldn't find it in any of your posts in this topic....

I would really appreciate that. Could you please post a link for the modified hack? I am using ubb.classic 6.4.

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
twslex, what does the MD5 thing have to do with it? confused Also I couldn't find it in any of your posts in this topic....
?? Can't find me own posting, so compaired some code quick and dirty:

Code
[/code]Should be place inplace of this:
[code]
At least to have it working for me on ubb 6.4.0.1 with an selective amount of hacks installed.

Thanks so much, it works now.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
hmm, as far as I know ubb_lib_calendar is being called only from ultimatebb, which has already declared $username, $password and $user_number confused

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
hmm, as far as I know ubb_lib_calendar is being called only from ultimatebb, which has already declared $username, $password and $user_number confused
Somehow it does stick always, that was what i had to find out.

Same goes for the upload mod, if the code to re-get the username isn't done, it will say, u are not allowed and so on.

eek

Veteran
Veteran
Señor LK, anyway the Control panel could be wordletised in the next release?

thanks smile

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
I guess I could do that, but you should probably remind me when I'm doing an updated version...

Content Queen
Content Queen
LK, I installed the calendar hack into my test board (6.5.0 Beta 1) without any problems tonight. smile

I also added in your untested modification to have you go to the bottom of the page whenever you click on a date. Sweet! help would be greatly appreciated.

One thought for future upgrades for your calendar hack: is there any way we can have the option of having it at the top or the bottom via the control panel? Kind of like the Recent Visitors deal.

Thanks.

Sue
adwoff.com
Content Queen
Content Queen
LK or anyone else who has combined the calendar mod with the megamod--what code needs to be changed so that megamods can have calendar privileges?

I installed the megamod hack into my 6.5.0 Beta 1 test board without any problems ... and so far, it seems as if the megamod may do everything--but post to the calendar.

Can anyone help help me out with this? Thanks in advance.

Sue
adwoff.com
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Sue...

in ubb_lib_calendar:
replace
Code
[/code]with
Code
</pre></div></div>and replace:<br><br><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Code</div><div class="ubbcode-body ubbcode-pre" ><pre>
with:
[code]
After that your MegaMods should be able to post events smile . I know it can be made cleaner, but I do what I can off no sleep smirk...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Ok, I'm having one issue with this mod on 6.5, for some reason I'm not seeing the calendar on the forum summary on my testboard (I followed instructions I swear it!), can anyone lend me a hand?

http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Coder
Coder
my provider drives me crazy mad to prevent exploits he disable the php include () from external urls. I use the calendar with SSI for my homepage.

All other includes (content island) now work again after changing the path to absolute server path but I cant bring the calendar back to work. If I try to use absolute path with the include call the script itself will displayd and not executed.

What my isp have done:

allow_url_fopen in PHP set to 'Off' in server config.

Any clue how to use cgi ssi in PhP pages with this ? I dont know if Java still works but I dont like it. Java is not displayd with Opera.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Ok, this is really starting to mess with my head now frown ... I have the calendar running on my test board:
http://www.promodtecnologies.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Only thing is it won't show on the page at all lol... I've tried doing the mod over 3 times to see if I did something wrong, but either I'm repeating the error or something is wrong...

I'm also, if I can get the calendar to work in the first place, wanting to have the calendar shown above "Please login" and "welcome our newest member".

Any help would be appreciated since I hate asking for it in the first place frown ...

A few suggestions.

How about some notes on Upgrade.cgi? It's about as sparse a piece of code as you can get.
Some questions you can answer are:

- How are we supposed to know what version we have? I installed my calendar over a year ago
and I have no idea what I have. Does it make a difference which I pick? What happens if I
pick the wrong one? Should I run once with both options to be sure?

- How long does the upgrade take to run? I hit “Continue” after a minute or two and I got
an error about permissions on my member file. Does this mean I need to reset permissions and
run it again and leave it running this time? Does it mean I picked the wrong older version?
Under what conditions should I ever click “Continue”?

- And what’s up with the title “Upgrading - Calendar Hack 1.0 - 1.8 - 1.9”? Should 1.9
be 2.0 now? 1.9+?

Another pet peeve is how you have “calendar.txt” setup. Why do you put the edits in that order?
I have my UBB files saved off to my hard drive in the same directory structure as UBB has it.
So when I have to go back and forth between editing .cgi and .pl files I have to change
directories 9 times! I could see if you had them ordered for another purpose, but they’re not
even in alpha order in case you have all the files to edit in one directory. Give us a
break and cut and paste a bit!

I wish you would upgrade the design a bit and make things look a bit better. Shouldn’t
“Add a new event” and “Review today's events“ be on the same line and moved to one side or
the other? A lot of graphical tweaks could be done to remove blank lines and tighten things
up. The “Add New Event” header bar text should be moved to the left to match standard
UBB.classic. The “Review Today’s Events” header bat text should read “Review Events for …”
and font size should match every other text bar like it. There are a lot of little things
like that that could use some work.

A wish list item would be an admin function to clean and refresh the birthdays that people
set in their profile. All you would need would be a single character flag added to the
calendar event that tells whether the event came from a user’s profile or was custom added.
Then, on a click in the CP, all those profile birthdays could be removed and members could
be searched for their “Check To Display Birthday” flag. Deleted members would be expunged and
any glitches would be corrected.

Other than that, the program works great. wink

"For who would lie idle when the king has returned?"
www.MinasTirith.com
Where's LK?!?

www.MinasTirith.com
Veteran
Veteran
quote:
Originally posted by White Gold Wielder:
Where's LK?!?
He had to travel for a few days, not sure when he si due back

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
You have some pretty good ideas!

I'll probably make 2.1 soon, with all your suggestions...

hmmm well i installed the hack correctly on 6.5.0 but when i click on calendar it says:

FYI
You are attempting to reach a page that does not exist.

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

I believe it was the famous killahbyte who once said all computers run at the same speed................................when they're off he he he = )
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Re-modify ultimatebb.cgi smile

I recently upgraded to UBB.classic 6.5, but I removed the calendar which was causing me errors. Since then people have really missed it!

I could just re-hack it in with your latest version, but I think I'll wait for 2.1.

Anyway, this is some not-so-subtle encouragement to work on an upgrade to your calendar. It's a great program and could easily be an Infopop standard if you kept improving it! laugh

www.MinasTirith.com
LK, is there a way to post an image (icon) on the headline part? My calendar shows full moons and new moons for the next few years and I would like to display an image on the calendar part (not the description, as this is already possible).

Thanks.

bump

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
no, it's not possible yet...

todo list for v2.1:
  • put version number at top of lib_calendar..
  • put add new event and review at the same line, one at the left side and one at the right side.
  • add maintenance birthdays from CP
  • redesign calendar.txt
  • ability to add images to title
  • built-in megamod support?

May I request repeated entries such as Monthly or Weekly? Basically an option that will allow the user to post events that will carry over to upcoming months without having to add the events every month. smile

I think this is one of the better functional mods out for UBB and believe it will make it more user-friendly. Props to a great job so far. thumbsup

Thanks LK. I'll keep checking back. Your work is much appreciated.

I have birthdays showing up on my calendar just fine, but they won't appear in my member profiles:

See Sample

It's also creating an error on the page. When I researched it, it was this line:

[code][/code]Any ideas why? I figured it was the calendar hack, but I could be wrong...

Question: at the bottom of my calendar where it normally says "no events scheduled for today" or lists the event. my scheduled events do not actually update or refresh from day to day until someone makes a post.
EX. Say tomorrow an event should display such as a birthday. Well that event will not show up that day until someone posts something on the board.
anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen???

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
catcherman - both these things have nothing to do with calendar, UBB 6.2 and newer have birthdays in profile even without using the calendar and the calendar hack doesn't touch this code...

reakhavok - it's on purpose, to make it easier on your server cause probably if nobody posts nobody also checks today's events...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
May I request repeated entries such as Monthly or Weekly? Basically an option that will allow the user to post events that will carry over to upcoming months without having to add the events every month. smile

I think this is one of the better functional mods out for UBB and believe it will make it more user-friendly. Props to a great job so far. thumbsup
me too smile I love this mod, adding repeating events will make it more user-friendly smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by ADWOFF:
LK, I installed the calendar hack into my test board (6.5.0 Beta 1) without any problems tonight. smile

I also added in your untested modification to have you go to the bottom of the page whenever you click on a date. Sweet! help would be greatly appreciated.

One thought for future upgrades for your calendar hack: is there any way we can have the option of having it at the top or the bottom via the control panel? Kind of like the Recent Visitors deal.

Thanks.
I was just visiting your board and love how you got it setup with the image and everything. How did you do that?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
If you're talking about Recent Visitors, first in CP choose that it will dock, then in quicksummary make it to be with an image... take the code from my chat mod (public_forum_summary) and use its pattern on quicksummary sub..

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
If you're talking about Recent Visitors, first in CP choose that it will dock, then in quicksummary make it to be with an image... take the code from my chat mod (public_forum_summary) and use its pattern on quicksummary sub..
I was talking about this...
[Linked Image]

I don't want mine to be that strip at the bottom, I want it to look like my newsfader at the top smile

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
ok, I got it, I was able to make the cells for it, and then I went into the ubb_forum_summary.cgi and changed the output of the calendar laugh

Ed Offline
Is there any word on when Version 2.1 will be available?

Thanks,
Ed :rolleyes:

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes... 'when it's done' - wait, that's 3 words... ok... 'soon'

wink

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
lol tipsy

it's done when 6.6 beta is out...

Ed Offline
Will it work with 6.5?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
the control panel steps will probably be different so you'll have to edit vars_calendar manually (or edit the whole cp_vars_calendar.pl), but the other pars would probably be the same...

I can't get it to work frown I think I must have uploaded something to the wrong folder. Can you tell me which folder I'm supposed to update these to?
birthday.gif
calendar.txt
cp_vars_calendar.pl
public_calendar_display.pl
public_calendar_review.pl
public_new_calendar_event.pl
ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi
upgrade.cgi
vars_calendar.cgi
vars_calendar_events.cgi
vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
.pl files to noncgi/Templates folder, .cgi to cgi-bin folder, .gif to noncgi folder. calendar.txt you don't upload, you open it and do the steps it tells you to...

White Gold Wielder said:
quote:
A wish list item would be an admin function to clean and refresh the birthdays that people set in their profile. All you would need would be a single character flag added to the calendar event that tells whether the event came from a user’s profile or was custom added. Then, on a click in the CP, all those profile birthdays could be removed and members could be searched for their “Check To Display Birthday” flag. Deleted members would be expunged and any glitches would be corrected.
LK said:
quote:
[qb]You have some pretty good ideas!

I'll probably make 2.1 soon, with all your suggestions...[/qb]
LK also said:
quote:
todo list for v2.1:
§ add maintenance birthdays from CP
So does this maintenance from CP mean we will have the functionality I suggested above? Will there be any other functionality?

www.MinasTirith.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
yes, that's what I mean.. though I will probably make it differently, which I have 2 main ideas:
%vars_calendar_events = (
calendar events
);

%vars_calendar_birthdays = (
calendar birthdays
);

then calendar_birthdays is the one to be maintenanced...

or instead
2. I'll choose that when somebody edits profile or registers, it will automatically add it to a file in members dir, such as "birthdays.cgi"... and when you run ubb_lib_calendar, it will check this file... that'd probably make it simpler to be up-to-date.

Well, I think there still needs to be something that completely cleans and rebuilds the birthdays (not the events).

This would cover all bases so we wouldn't have birthdays showing for deleted or banned members - that is unless you are going to add a "Remove Birthday" routine when banning or deleting.

If you can't make sure that there won't be an orphaned birthday out there with no way of knowing, then you need something that can clean and rebuild based on the "Allow others to see my birth date?" check in their profile.

The lack of tools for the calendar has been especially frustrating. You need to start offering some useful ones.

www.MinasTirith.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
There will be something that completely cleans and rebuilds the birthdays. in my post above I said how it's gonna recognize what's birthdays and what's regular events (because you said in your post "All you would need would be a single character flag added to the calendar event that tells whether the event came from a user’s profile or was custom added"...

Excellent! Can't wait.

www.MinasTirith.com
any ETA on when this newest version of calendar will be released ?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
lol tipsy

it's done when 6.6 beta is out...
When you see a public beta for 6.6, you can expect an update soon after for the calendar smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
HTML:
birthday.gif

Instructions to hack: no need to upload:
calendar.txt

Templates:
cp_vars_calendar.pl
public_calendar_display.pl
public_calendar_review.pl
public_new_calendar_event.pl

CGI-BIN: Permissions @ 755
ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi
ubb_lib_calendar.cgi

CGI-BIN: Permissions @777
vars_calendar.cgi
vars_calendar_events.cgi
vars_wordlets_calendar.cgi

In CGI-BIN only if your upgrading from the prior version, Permissions @ 755:
upgrade.cgi

Hope this helps... Good rule of thumb is the .cgi files always go in cgi-bin and the .pl always go in the Templates. Most of the mistakes I make are with the permissions.

quote:
Originally posted by LK:
.pl files to noncgi/Templates folder, .cgi to cgi-bin folder, .gif to noncgi folder. calendar.txt you don't upload, you open it and do the steps it tells you to...
Sorry LK, I see now you already answered it smile

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
LK, will there be a ton of new features? cause I just moved the hack to css, and I love it, but I don't wanna lose all my work to upgrade. will the main thing be the rebuild feature?

PS. you should check out the calendar on my boards, I added some cool css tricks to make the current day emboss smile

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
not tons of new features. just the ones I mentioned in the previous page, in todo list.

btw, I love what you did in the calendar (the effect of the current day)... you think I should add something like that to the next version? (so instead of "Today Background Color" it would be "Today CSS Text", with a textarea)

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
personally, I think everything on the net should be css, it's so easy to use and allows for a lot more flexibility. maybe you should give people a choice, cause a lot more people know hexcodes than know css. ie instead of multihack and text, css and the bad one wink

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
catcherman, would it be alright if I allow smilies and not images? (I guess you'll have to add a smiley for full moon and a smiley for new moon when you update the calendar, it's not that difficult)

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
EDIT: I got the ubbcode buttons to work, but the smilies wouldn't show, so I used the popup feature it had.

Thanks for your help smile

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Done for 2.1:
  • put version number at top of lib_calendar..
  • put add new event at the line of "Events for".
  • ability to add smilies to title
  • totally redesigned Review page (now it looks like New Event page)
  • now there is only one template - public_calendar.pl, and calendar uses only one ?ubb= shortcut (calendar).

www.lkworld.com/?ubb=calendar

LK, that sounds great. Thanks for your hard work.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
sounding good LK thumbsup

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Hey LK, I'm trying to set it up so that I can access the calendar through SSI (well PHP includes but give or take it's the same thing) but when I try to go to http://tavern.undergroundnews.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi&css=yes I recieve "You're trying to access a page that does not exist"... Any idea's? BTW, I used the mhk smirk...

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
ahhh, the instructions i saw stated that it was ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar_ssi.cgi?css=yes :X... Sorry...

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
yeah, you're right, I forgot to update ubb_calendar_ssi.cgi... tipsy it should be:
quote:
## This file can be called with for today's event
## and for monthly events (or if you'll use CSS).

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
:x, i've just been an error finding midget lately haven't i.

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Yesterday I've finished creating Calendar v2.1, and I'm gonna publish it the moment 6.6.0 br1 is out, unless there's gonna be an unexpected problem... you'll rebuild the birthdays in the same place where you rebuild the member stat files, instead of adding a whole new subroutine for that.
also vars_calendar_events.cgi is redesigned, but no fear, I made upgrade.cgi which updates your calendar_events file to v2.1... it removes all the birthdays, because it's a very simple procedure to rebuild member stat files from CP.

new vars_calendar_events.cgi example:
[code][/code]oh, and all the fake smilies you see in @events, they were real smilies but I edited them in this post because I didn't want my post to enlarge this page (you know, long stuff in [code] tag make the topic page look really ugly).

Woohoo! Keep up the good work!

www.MinasTirith.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
question: should I add "Birthdays Today" to forum summary, like in vBullrtin? it's possible in 2.1

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
well what would be the big difference between that and the normal summary we get from the calendar on the main page?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
that it'd be like "Today's Birthdays: LK (21), Weird Al (59), Lincoln (195)" (links to profiles when you click on the name), instead of "Today's Events: LK's Birthday, Weird Al's Birthday, Lincoln's Birthday, I got a new computer, UBB 6.6 release"

btw yeah, I know, you haven't really been born in '55 tipsy

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
that it'd be like "Today's Birthdays: LK (21), Weird Al (59), Lincoln (195)" (links to profiles when you click on the name), instead of "Today's Events: LK's Birthday, Weird Al's Birthday, Lincoln's Birthday, I got a new computer, UBB 6.6 release"

btw yeah, I know, you haven't really been born in '55 tipsy
Oh, I like that.

BTW: 55+59 would be 2014, not 2003 tipsy I'm a young'un

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Sorry, I meant 49 tipsy

I am new to UBB and I tried to install this calendar hack... why it never show any of my members' birthday? can LK help? smile

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
One thing you should do is update your profile and see if your birthday shows. You need to update your profile to add it to the calendar. If it isn't that, LK probably knows the problem smile

I updated my profile. I mean add-in a date of birth right?
BTW how do you add the profile to the calendar?

My calendar works well in term of posting events and viewing events... but it just doesn't show any birthday.. frown

I am using UBB classic 6.5

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
I reccomend you verify all the steps in public_edit_profile.pl and ubb_profile.cgi. those are the files that control that

Kahuna
Kahuna
ok. im making the commitment and adding this mod!

will it be an easy apply to 6.5?

i know LK has said that some steps might be different ... anyone know for sure?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by drkknght:
ok. im making the commitment and adding this mod!

will it be an easy apply to 6.5?

i know LK has said that some steps might be different ... anyone know for sure?
I've got it up and running on my 6.5 without changing a letter in the install txt

Kahuna
Kahuna
woo! installed and workin smooth -- nice job! smile

a question: new registered members show up a-ok, but lotsa posters on my board have already registered with their birthdays ... other than manually entering the events, is there anyway to add their b-days to the calendar?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
the only way to do it is to have them to update their profile. that might be different in the next version, but that'll be 6.6 only from what I've heard

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
LK, now hat 6.6 is out, and word on when 2.1 will be out?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
maybe you've heard differently but it's very difficult to post a hack when you're abroad.. wink

anyhow... www.ubbdev.com/lk/calendar66.zip - alpha version... test please

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
maybe you've heard differently but it's very difficult to post a hack when you're abroad.. wink

anyhow... www.ubbdev.com/lk/calendar66.zip - alpha version... test please
I just think it's sad the way you think females can't post hacks. That's sexism tipsy

(sorry, but I'm tired and this seems funny)

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
Code
	$total_members = (@members + 1);    #the total number of registered users
isn't in ubb_registration.cgi.

Code
	my $total_members = scalar(@members) + 1;    #the total number of registered users
is

I'll get back to you on the rest of the hack once I can get into my cp frown

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
ok, LK, I redid the hack again, and I get a 500 error when I try to go into my cp.

I made sure it was in ASCII then reuploaded again, re-CHMODed to 755 (or 777 depending on file) and I still get the error. All public parts are working, but I can't even get into the cp. help

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
wow, I fixed it eek

In cp.cgi

Code
find:
%vars_faq %vars_registration %vars_time %vars_pntf %vars_style_reference %vars_pm

replace with:

%vars_faq %vars_registration %vars_time %vars_pntf %vars_style_reference %vars_pm %vars_wordlets_calendar
also in cp.cgi

Code
find:
display misc mods email time faq search pm

replace with:
display misc mods email time faq search pm wordlets_calendar
Also, in cp2_lib.cgi, in the install you have:

Code
###########################################################
## Do the following 2 steps only if you CAN NOT find it: ##

Find:
=====
[$vars_wordlets_cp2{admin_maint}, qw(rebuilds clearcache fiveximport)],

Add below:
==========
[$vars_wordlets_cp2{admin_modification},("calendar")],
it should be

Code
## Do the following 2 steps only if you CAN NOT find it: ##

Find:
=====
[$vars_wordlets_cp2{admin_maint}, qw(rebuilds clearcache fiveximport)],

Add below:
==========
[$vars_wordlets_cp2{admin_modification}, qq(calendar)],
Also, in the cp, it says :

quote:
Forum(s) to allow calendar event posting on:
You may select a forum in which posters will be given the choice to add a calendar event when they post a new topic. (not a required field, separate with spaces).
so I figured that I didn't have to put anything in it. It ends up you must put a space in or it'll throw you an error.

That's all I found.

EDIT: One thing I couldn't figure out. What would I have to modify to get the Month name under the compact headers here .

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
ubb_registration: correct smile

cp.cgi: don't do it... then in cp2_lib.cgi:
find: (twice)
$vars_wordlets_calendar{calendar}
replace with
$vars_wordlets_cp2{calendar}

small misspelling.. wink

cp2_lib.cgi: you're wrong actually... qw(calendar) is the same as ("calendar")... the reason I used "calendar" is to make the part with "If you can find it" easier on noobs... so instead of saying "add 'calendar ' but don't forget the leading space", I'm telling them to add "calendar",...

"forums to select posting on" - that's quite interesting... my site is down so I can't check it out... can you give me the _exact_ error when you don't put anything in this textbox?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
the only reason I said that was cause my error log for my server gave me this.

Code
[Sat Aug 16 01:56:43 2003] cp.cgi: Bareword "calendar" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /home/httpd/vhosts/alforadmin.com/cgi-bin/cp2_lib.cgi line 1011.
EDIT: oh and the error was:

Error
Form validation errors:

Forum(s) to allow calendar event posting on: You did not enter a value for this field

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Error: that's very odd, doesn't happen here...

The other thing is fixed... open cp2_vars.cgi.
find:
default => q!!,
add below:
req => 0,

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
ok, got it. Thank you

Any word on if the final 2.1 will have the Al(19) in the forum summary?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
I don't know if this is a bug with Calendar, or a bug with 6.6 so I'll just post it here.

Everytime I update my Calendar settings, all my custom graemlins are reset. I don't know what it could be, or how the calendar could be affecting it, but I narrowed it down to clicking the update button in the calendar settings.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm not looking hard enough or something, but I can't find where to enable posting to the calendar for specific members

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
graemlins - fixed (in the calendar part of cp2_vars.cgi remove " $problems .= &SetVarsGraemlins;")... Al(19) and letting certain users update - not done yet (I forgot :/)

Kahuna
Kahuna
hmm...

i just realized, i don't get the lil birthday avatar to show up by the user's posts on their day o'happiness.

does something in my template file conflict mayhaps?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
public_topic_page.pl

right after $linkname should be something like $birthday[3] or something. Make sure that it's there.

LK, you might want to start a new Calendar thread for 2.1, cause this is getting long

Kahuna
Kahuna
yessir, i currently have the following:

Code
$linkname$birthdayfields[3]
izzat right?

could it be blocked from another section, or something? my boards have been... "robized," for lack of a better term, so its possible i have something screwy going on sonewhere else wink

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
umm...

http://www.robkamphausen.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002646;p=1#000016

the cake IS working

Kahuna
Kahuna
whoa... very strange...

my girlfriend's bday was yesterday (the 17th) and didn't get one up there.

oddities abound!

oh well, as long as its working now (??)

thanks anyway, weird one! smile

Kahuna
Kahuna
oooohhhh.... ok... i think i get it now

the cake appears on your birthday if you post on your birthday, correct?

i thought it appeared by all of your posts on the day of your birthday (regardless of whether or not you post that day), then disappeared the next day.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
it does based on cache. If you see one of his posts, and reply to that topic, his cake will show there

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Poll: calendar 2.1 should have at the bottom of forum summary:
1. birthdays for today
2. events and birthdays for today, like now (just how old is the birthday kid)
3. events for today in one line, birthdays for today in the next (if there is no event, it doesn't show that line; if there is no birthday, it doesn't show the birthday line)

in all cases if there isn't anything, it'd just hide the calendar line instead of saying "no events scheduled for today"

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
my vote is for 2, but how hard would it be to get the line to stay with "no events..." instead of disappearning?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
you like that line? I thought everybody hated it tipsy

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
It spoke the truth. There were no events. If it doesn't show up at all, people don't know that I actually do work tipsy

Kahuna
Kahuna
hmmm... another issue...

the birthday avatar image seems to conflict with the "my style" hack. its only visible to users that use the "standard" profile, and/or those who are logged out.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I think 3, it's kinda lame to have "no events schedualed" but the whole concept of 2 is still good... how about it have 2, then when there is nothing work as 3 lol....

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
what I thought of in the beginning is not to show "No events scheduled for today"...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I like 2 or 3 smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
After you have the calander up and running is there a way to protect it so that only the members of the board or people you select only have access to it?

And I would Like to thank you for the Hack. I followed your instructions and got it running the first time.

Thanks!

Mirsad Lyfia
www.rigidguild.com

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
smile

untested: add this before the first line of ubb_lib_calendar.cgi:
Code
	&RequireUserLogin();

THank you !!!

You are the Best!

You are making this fun.

Mirsad Lyfia
www.rigidguild.com

Added it to the very first line and cleared cache. Works like a charm!

Thank you Again.

Mirsad Lyfia
www.rigidguild.com

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Okay... 1 voted for 2, 1 voted for 3 and 1 voted for both... since I like 3 better, I'll add 3 tipsy

http://www.lkworld.com/ - scroll down to the calendar part, what do you think?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
looks good to me smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
hey LK, are those 2 lines stored separately, like if I want to show one part on the top of the page and one part at the bottom, would that be possible?

LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
the changes are in ubb_forum_summary:
Code
			push(@file, qq~&#0124;&#0124;$birthdaysplit[0]yb&#0124;&#0124;<a href="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=$birthdaysplit[2]" target="_blank">$birthdaysplit[1]</a> ($birthdaysplitsplit[2])&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;&#0124;1~);
and
Code
			if ($desc[1] =~ m/b/) {
$desc[1] =~ s/b//;
$birthday = 1;
}
and
Code
				if ($birthday == 0) {
$calendar .= ", " if $calendar;
$calendar .= $desc[2];
} elsif ($birthday == 1) {
$birthdays .= ", " if $birthdays;
$birthdays .= $desc[2];
}
and
Code
		$calendar = qq~<b><a href="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar">Events</a>:</b> $calendar~ if ($calendar);
$linebreak = "
" if ($calendar && $birthdays);
$birthdays = qq~<b><a href="$vars_config{CGIURL}/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=calendar">Birthdays</a>:</b> $birthdays~ if ($birthdays);

$calendar = $calendar &#0124;&#0124; $birthdays ? qq~

$TBT
<tr>
<td bgcolor="$vars_style{AltColumnColor1}" valign="top" align="left">
<font size="1" face="$vars_style{FontFace}">$calendar$linebreak$birthdays
</font>
</td>
</tr>
$TBB
~ : '';

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
shocked ok, I know the changes, but does it matter where they go, and what do I take out?

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
hey LK, could you post an updated install zip?

med Offline
any updated install for 2.1 ? (6.6 ver) ?

Thanks.

Med

My people eagerly await the re-appearance of your calendar and I'm waiting for 2.1 before I install it again.

Go LK! It's your birthday!

www.MinasTirith.com
LK
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
quote:
Originally posted by LK:
www.ubbdev.com/lk/calendar66.zip - alpha version... test please
this is 2.1, what's wrong with that version? (except that I forgot to allow selected users to update calendar)

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
you were gonna update with the fixes, and the updates for the Al(19) thing

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63