Print Thread
Rate Thread
#199997 05/07/2003 10:24 PM
Modification Name: [6.5.x] Application Forms v5.1.8

Author(s): Corona

Requirements: UBB 6.5.x

Tested On: UBB v6.5.0

Credits: Allen Ayres for providing and maintaining UBBDev.com

Description: Creates a fully customized form (textboxes, checkboxes, radio buttons and select lists) to display on a website. Submitted form data is added to a new thread in a setable forum. Form records can be managed with built-in functions by moderators and administrators. Application Forms communicate to the original form submitter via configurable email messages.

Purpose: Application Forms is an add-on to the Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) which enables a website to display a fully customizable input form ( Example Screenshot of a Custom Form ). Administrators create a custom form through the UBB's control panel interface. After a custom form is created, the form is displayed on a website and accessed by an end user to request and gather data. Forms can be displayed in a shtml page by using SSI, or as a standalone page using the UBB's style templates.

When data is entered into the custom Form and submitted by an end user, the data entered into the form is posted to a new thread in any selectable UBB message forum -- the data is placed into a record and neatly displayed to users who have the appropriate access permissions to view the forum. An optional customizable email message is sent to the user who submitted the form (which by default) indicates that the form has been recieved successfully. A preview of the data entered into the form is also included in the reply email.

Admin functions are provided which give an administrator or moderator various automated functions that can be executed on any form. Custom email messages are shipped to the individual who submitted a form when an admin or mod performs admin functions on the submitted form. Admin functions provide various scripting options which can feature/unfeature a thread, grant or deny the form submitter private access to any forums, provide status reports, edit any submitted form, email a custom message, etc... Forms can be managed by moderators with a set of features included with this release.

This release is appropriate for gathering data with an Application type form for a game guild, private club, or private member organization. While this release can be used to display any custom form that is desired, and performs varying tasks for various status settings, the included admin functions may not be appropriate for some situations. However, the forms do not require the use of Admin functions, (forms will work perfectly fine without using the admin functions). Please read more about the admin functions for further information.

Screenshots, Information and Download:
Application Form Mods Information and Download

Demo:
Demo the Mod - Gaming Form View
Demo the Mod - Forum View

Support Questions? Feel free to post your support problems here, or contact me via email if in desperate need.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Nice update Corona smile Any new treats?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
quote:
Originally posted by AllenAyres:
Nice update Corona smile Any new treats?
Hello AllenAyres,

I have been adding various new treats over time. However, there are no new features added to this initial release of 5.1.8 for ubb6.5 over the last version of the applications form mod for ubb6.4 There is a Version History document which shows the changes which have occured from version to version.

So this is no longer a registration approval only form? I haven't added it back to my site since upgrading to 6.5 because I didn't want to go through all that hacking we did together way back when, Corona. Will this work for me "out of the box?"

quote:
Originally posted by catcherman:
So this is no longer a registration approval only form? I haven't added it back to my site since upgrading to 6.5 because I didn't want to go through all that hacking we did together way back when, Corona. Will this work for me "out of the box?"
Hello Catcherman,

This version works the same as the initial version you applied to your older forums (and includes some new features which we used on your forums). We performed a little customization to obtain the functionality you desired. I'll dig up those old documents and email them to you. The customizations we performed on your board should use similar code.

Sponsored Links
I think I'll need to work with you on this again next week. I'd like to go ahead and add it back. My members really like it.

Ed Offline
Hi Corona,
I have it installed and I am in the test and setup phase. Upon submittal of an application, is there a way to return the applicant to the forum rather than "My Homepage" (without changing the forum configuration settings)?

Thanks,
Ed

quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
Hi Corona,
I have it installed and I am in the test and setup phase. Upon submittal of an application, is there a way to return the applicant to the forum rather than "My Homepage" (without changing the forum configuration settings)?

Thanks,
Ed
Sure, try this. in ubb_new_application.cgi:

[code][/code]Do not cut/copy past from this message board - hidden illegal characters will cause problems.

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Keep up the good work Corona, this is a cool idea & mod smile

Ed Offline
Thanks Corona - works slick

Ed

Sponsored Links
Ed Offline
Hi Corona,
I little something I have noticed with the latest version of Application Forms is that on occasion the text color and some form row background colors change in the email sent to the applicant. I hope my discription is understandable.

Thanks,
Ed

any chance we can get this for 6.6. smile

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Or 6.7 wink ... Always thought good of this mod wink

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Thanks Ed for the report! Most likely the mod needs a call to load the proper style template prior to an email routine. The initialization of email style template just isn't occuring prior to one of the email routines. Should be very easy to track down.. or for a quick fix, in the email send routine, place in a line to load and setup an appropriate email style template.

Sorry gents, while im glad to hear the mod was well liked, I no longer hold a UBB license. And have no plans to purchase one. No plans to mod the mod for current UBB support. My web servers offline for good as well, but if anyone wants the software, feel free to email me for a version for UBB6.5. I'll send it as soon as i get the mail.

User
User
Does anyone still have this mod?
The download link doesn't work anymore frown

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I might have it on my old work computer, I'll try to get over there this weekend if possible - can't promise anything tho smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
Thanks!

User
User
I got the Application Forms v3.1.5 would that work on a v6.5 board?

And I'm just thinking out loud here, but has anyone ever considered zipping all "older" mods in one file? I'd be happy to host it. wink

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
heheh, that's the version I have on this computer. My other pc might have a newer version, but it might be a while before I check it (it's at my old job wink ).

I've got lots of mods strewn across 4-5 computers, might take a while to pull them all together smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Ruben Rocha
Ruben Rocha
Lutz,FL,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63