Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#220874 07/08/2002 7:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,286
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,286
Hi,

Is there an equivalent in PHP of having include files that I use in my shtml files?

How can I use a file such as <!--#include virtual="/common/includes/top_nav.inc" -->

I am trying to avoid having a 101 files to update each time I alter the top section.

Regards,

Ian



Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Sponsored Links
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,768
Addict
Addict
Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,768
If I understand what you're asking, PHP has include, require, include_once and require_once. Here's the documentation.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,759
Addict
Addict
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,759
For using the same headers/footers across ALL my pages on my site I simply add this line to the very top:

code:
<?php include "http://www.michiganjeepers.com/forums/includes/header.php"?>



And an equivlent line at the very bottom. Just make sure the file these are in is a .php file and not an .html file


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
badfrog
badfrog
somewhere on the coast of Maine
Posts: 94
Joined: March 2007
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 94796
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 1
Birthdays 30
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)