Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
"Approve Display Names"...some people will perhaps have fun by changing their display name every week. An Admin of a board with many users may not want to behave his users like that, so a counter for how many changes of his displsy name a user has requested sounds like a nifty idea to me.

ADMIN > USER MANAGEMENT > APPROVE DISPLAY NAMES

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Another idea I had for Display names was to have a column in w3t_Users that would store all display names 'permenantly', then list them on the user's profile. So if you looked at the user's profile, it would show any different display names they'd used in the past. I'd like to make it searchable as well, so that if someone wants to know if user "A" has been around in awhile, they could search for user "A"'s posts and it would show them that user "A" is now being seen as user "B", with a link to B's profile or posts.

It sounded fairly simple in my head until I typed it out.

[:"red"]Lisa[/]
JacquiL #243326 04/19/2003 5:32 PM
Addict
Addict
Personally I have no need for this, but if it were done, I think would be better to use the w3t_DisplayNames table for this purpose.

A couple of columns could be added:
- D_Timestamp TIMESTAMP NOT NULL
- D_Pending CHAR(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

D_Timestamp, being of type TIMESTAMP, is automatically set to the current date/time when a row is inserted.

D_Pending would be '1' to indicate that that display name is currently awaiting approval or rejection, and '0' otherwise (historical information).

The existing functionality, as well as the new functionality requested in the previous two posts, would be available by doing the appropriate queries.

joeuser #243327 04/21/2003 10:05 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Also I would like a Private Message sent to an administrator (perhaps Daily with all the other cron tasks) that Alterts me to the fact that people wish to have their name changed. Sometimes I forget and when I look in there there are a lot of requests and it could have been days old.

Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63