Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#245943 05/12/2003 9:14 AM
Since a few minutes I got this errors:

Warning: Too many connections in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 35

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 35
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 45

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 105

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 131

and this:

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 105

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sites/site185/web/Forum/mysql.inc.php on line 131

What's up ?!

Sponsored Links
#245944 05/12/2003 9:24 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
"Too many connections" is the error. Everything else is a result of being denied access to the db.

You can verify that "persistant connections" are off in your config file, but then you'll need to talk to your host about the maximum number of allowed connections in MySQL.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I also get this message from time to time
I asked my host and told me that they support 25 conquerent connections.

Just want to ask ,if IIP ,overloads the whole loading procedure and if it's better to disable some settings or mods?

#245946 05/14/2003 1:55 PM
Thanks !

#245947 07/05/2003 9:29 PM
This same error has happened to me a couple of times as well, at first I thought it was the sidebar pal so I removed it and it's still coming back with only with a couple of users on. I talked to my host and they said I have 3 concurrent connections and persistent connections are off any ideas?

Sponsored Links
BlarC #245948 07/05/2003 10:21 PM
Veteran
Veteran
If the data isn't getting in and out of the database fast enough to close the connections for the concurrancy you have then you get a too many connections error.

For example - let's say you are allowed 3 connections. 4 people click, all within a second of each other. If it takes 4 seconds for the database to deliver the data back then the last person gets that error. 4 concurrent requests, 3 allowed.

The answer? optimize the data, the database server, or the data being delivered to get the data back from mysql faster.

You can optimize the tables via the admin panel.

optimizing the server, or seeing to it that it isn't overloaded, is up to your host in your case.

optimizing the data delivered, i.e. the queries is something we do for every version.

also make sure the default view is set to last 2 weeks instead of show all, that helps a LOT. less data to get faster to get it and close the connection.

Try setting post tracking from full to thread only. fewer queries that way, fewer connections made to do them.

prune messages?

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Navaho, thanks for the detailed explanation it really helps me to understand why this is happening. I optimized the tables and will set the default view to 2 weeks as you suggest. I am on a shared server and I let my host know what was happening so they can keep an eye on it. Thanks for the help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63