Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#252618 06/29/2003 4:21 AM
Hi guys, i'm sorry to bring this up here but i've checked the infopop community and couldnt find anything there (apart from ubb classic related). I've opened a support ticket but it looks like I only get support monday-friday.

My board has been running fine for ages until recently and now none of my members can make posts. You type in the details etc.. but when submitted a blank page just comes up. no errors in log files etc.. and no errors on the screen.

Anyone here had any problems like this before ? The other strange thing is I cant edit the profile however I can edit the display settings.

--------------
James
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Usually a blank page is a result of a missing language file.

Make sure the language file for the particular script (probably addpost.php) is not missing or corrupt.

If they can't edit their profile - I'd also check the /languages/english/editbasic.php and /languages/english/changebasic.php

Josh,

I've checked all 3 of those language files and they are all present and readable and the content looks fine - in fact they havent changed for well over a month.

Cant spot any corrupted files laying around. Its very strange, support are still looking at it I think.

--------------
James
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
When you get a blank page - do a "view source" and see the HTML (if any) generated. I don't know if it'll help - but sometimes it gives clues.

Hi Josh,

thanks for the help/suggestions. This was a tough one but we finally got it sorted thanks to a couple of people over at Infopop.

It was down to a graemlin i'd just added - was causing all sorts of pages to be displayed blank but with no error messages (which i'm told should normally come up) making it difficult to track down.

I simply removed the last graemlin I added and the posts/PMs/profiles were all working again. (I cant understand why edit profile should be bothered by a graemlin however!). I also dont know if this is a problem with the image itself or if i'm blowing some max graemlin limit.

phew!

--------------
James
Sponsored Links
Guru
Guru
Edit profile calls the do_markup function for the signature

Anything special about that last graemlin added? Like the markup code or smiley code for it? Or maybe the graemlin name itself?

UBB.threads Developer
The new graemlin was called 'woot.gif' and I picked it up from this site as I thought it was ace!

i called it woot/

Last edited by jmydde; 07/01/2003 12:19 PM.

--------------
James
Veteran
Veteran
waitaminute.

you named it woot or woot/ ?

If you named it woot/ that's your problem. Drop the slash on the end.

Picture perfect penmanship here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849