Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Mod Name / Version: UbbThreads and Photopost Total Integration Version 4

Description: This mod is for the new Photopost 4.1-4.5. This mod makes use of the UBBThreads header and stylesheet for a total integration of Photopost within your UbbThreads environment.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2-6.3-6.4

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: UBBThreads and Photopost License

Author(s): Omegatron

Date: 07/24/03

Credits: JoshPet for a huge cudo's on header function

Files Altered: adm-inc.php and pp-inc.php as well as every template within Photopost.

New Files: None

Database Altered: N/A

Info/Instructions: Backup your files before modifing!!!!!

Follow the instruction text within the zip and upload all modified files.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

[:"blue"]UPDATED includes both a set of templates for 4.1 , 4.5 and 4.6[/]
Attachments
89745-Photopost-integration.ZIP (0 Bytes, 332 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Hi Omega,
I'm here for two reasons, the first one is to thank you one more time, the second to let you notice that you forgot a littlebit of your own website links in the feature.tmpl file (a few lines with: http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/stylesheets/images/spacer.gif)

Thanx Yes forgot if to add the fact that if you use TABLEWRAPPERS that file for whatever reason will not recognize the tbopen and tbclose variables so I hard code defined them there.

Thanx I updated the zip with a new template file for that one so just the style is carried over. Tablewrappers are a whole separate issue.

I updated the instructions if you include table wrappers there is now a separate file called feature-wrappers.tmpl that you fill in your own variables for them and rename it to feature.tmpl

Also updated a few templates all are updated and included.

I have looked at a number of Photopost-UBBT sites and have not seen one where the gallery shows up in the Category or Forum list on the Main Index. I wonder if it is possible to have such a setup so that when members logon and go to the index page they can be alerted of new additions to the photo gallery via the light bulb feature. At present I am using a separate forum for member pictures and each new edition naturally shows up as a new post, alerting members to take a look if so inclined. This separate forum idea produces a poor gallery because of image formatting problems and other limitations. Is there anyway with a photopost integration to notify folks of new pictures?

Brent

gbmayes,

Have you looked at my site? http://www.reeftalk.com

The Photopost forums are on the same page as the main index.

This is the hack you want

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=78030

This will place Photopost on the main index and the hack in this thread gives Photopost the Threads stylesheet and headers etc.

Sponsored Links
Omegatron:
That is excellent. Thank you. Actually I tried several times earlier today to look at your site but could not get it to come up. I have noticed your signature picture here and looked over your site in the past with appreciation of it's color and eye appeal. Somehow I must have missed the photopost setup at the bottom.

No Problem Hope you get things working how you want them.

If you like that stylesheet that much I have it posted here.

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=63225

That was posted a while back and does not have the gradient image I use posted but if you want that just ask me.

Photopost 4.1 is in a stable BETA3 available to the public and should be final in the near future at some point. Some templates in the original mod were updated slightly from BETA1 so if you have downloaded the original and want to upgrade from BETA1 make sure to download and hit everything with the new files.

Veteran
Veteran
Chuck,

Thanks for this.

But I am getting several errors, both with this, and the standard photopost release.

They are the same 'problems' but I can't see why I am getting them and no one else.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge of PHP can throw some light on the problem.

The problems I have right now is....

Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice in /path/to/my/copy/pp-inc.php on line 167

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /path/to/my/copy/templates/indexhead.tmpl on line 27

Previously before editing the PP code I had the following errors...

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /path/to/my/copy/adm-options.php on line 200
Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /path/to/my/copy/adm-modcom.php on line 94

Both had a <br /> that would only work when I altered it to <br> or <br \/>

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /path/to/my/copy/adm-order.php on line 74

This was chocking on a on line 86

I mentioned it in the PP forums, and Michael said I didn't need to do any of that and perhaps it was my copy of PHP.

I am also getting a ...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 8640 bytes) in /path/to/my/copy/image-inc.php on line 83

(as You can see I have upped it to 16M the memory size, and given a timout of 120 seconds - but despite using a 8kb jpg image, it still fails to upload.)

Whenever I try and upload - I am not sure if this is a PP problem, PHP problem or what.

I have no problems uploading images to threads on the same server.

I am going to try 4.0.1 on this server, to see if that still has problems - but I thought I would post in this thread incase you or anyone else had any thoughts.

Finally on your templates - would it be possible to not have the headers and footers from threads appearing in the admin section right hand window.

..... goes off to try 4.0.1.....

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
None of that I have ever seen Ian. This has to be some sorta PHP thing. You don't have compression on twice in both threads and Photopost?? If so turn off compressioin in Photopost.

Yes to make the header go from the admin right screen just include adm-main.php in the global call to dissallow headers like this

if ( basename($GLOBALS['SCRIPT_NAME']) != "adm-index.php" && basename($GLOBALS['SCRIPT_NAME']) != "adm-menu.php"&& basename($GLOBALS['SCRIPT_NAME']) != "adm-main.php" ){

I double checked the code in pp-inc and your error is coming from having compression on it looks like. In your admin section in Photopost turn it off.

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Chuck is this good for the final release of 4.1, now that it has been released?

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
This is what I run on 4.1

Veteran
Veteran
Okay - great - it was just that there were a few template changes in the final version - and wasn't sure if these had been added to the templates in this release. (of course the changes may have been to parts of the code that you have replaced anyway) I do not have a master copy of the templates from the betas to compare to see what changes Michael made to the final version.

I would just do a beyond compare. You do not even need to use any of my templates if you do not use tablewrappers EXCEPT ONE. MENUBAR If you use tablewrappers you need to use all of mine.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Photopost Pro 4.1.1 was just released. With this hack already in place with 4.1.0 on my site, should I upgrade to the new one but NOT upload the 4.1.1 templates?

-Buddy

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You can use beyond compare to compare the changes into the templates and upload the rest

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hacker
Hacker
The hack should work without any changes; the .0 to .1 is jsut a few bug fixes and doesnt effect the database.

I have a new integration that is being documented for Threads/PhotoPost which is much faster and uses only a couple queries.

As Michael states this will work with 4.1.1. All this does is disable Photopost's stylsheet calls and send the threads header so your Photopost install will look like Threads

Just a little trick I came up with.

Now Michael has an updated template for the UBBTHREADS MAIN INDEX that will be out shortly which will integrate Photopost on your main page as well

For a good look at what each hack does you can visit my site

http://www.reeftalk.com

Now if you hit Photo Gallery you will see what this hack does

If you hit Main Index you will see the photo galleries as part of my forums. That is what the Main Index hack does.

Chuck,

Have I told you lately that you have one AWESOME looking site !!! Everything matches so perfectly !!!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I hope this Main Index template that Michael is working on is actually two: A new ubbthreads.tmpl file and a new categories.tmpl (because I like categories as my default for me and on my site)

BTW, I just upgraded to 4.1.2 from 4.0.1, and everything is beautiful

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I just installed this today on a fresh 4.1.2. Looks pretty good, but I get this when trying to logout:

Code
<br />Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:18) in /path/gallery/forums/threads.php on line 213<br /><br />Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:18) in /path/gallery/forums/threads.php on line 214<br /><br />Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:18) in /path/gallery/forums/threads.php on line 215<br /><br />Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /path/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:18) in /path/gallery/forums/threads.php on line 216<br />// <br /><br />Logging out! Please wait.<br /><br />

Any idea what may be happening?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
ok, removed this and the errors disappeared. Not sure what the prob might be. smirk

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Did you check for a stray ascaii character being pasted over That error is usually assoiated with that error.

I have seen in and it only happens on that logout page on some sites.

Could be a PHP setting as well. I double checked my site and it does not happen.

Hacker
Hacker
> /path/ubbthreads/templates/default/ubbt_header.tmpl:18

You must have a stray line or something causing some output at line 18 in ubbt_header.tmpl

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Are there plans to modify the Threads end of this integration so that people in the photo galleries properly showup in the Who's Online screeen? Currently, if a user is online, but in the photo gallery, they are listed as "Private" being their location on the site.

I forgot to mention: when I'm in the photo galleries and I'm not signed in, the "Register" link in the PhotoPost header takes me to the Threads registration page. However clicking on Login takes me to the Photopost login page. That's not the problem. The problem is that when I try to login from that page (the PP login page), my username isn't found. Why is that? Can it be fixed? Or better yet, how do I make the link for Login on the PP header go to the Threads login page?

Last edited by donJulio; 10/02/2003 3:23 PM.
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It does that now I believe... you just need to add the language strings to the online.php language file for the photopost scripts.

Add this to your online.php language file

$ubbt_lang['bulkupload'] = "Uploading a bunch of photos to the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['showphoto'] = "Viewing a photo in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['comments'] = "Commenting on a photo in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['slideshow'] = "Viewing a slide show in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['uploadphoto'] = "Uploading a photo to the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['showgallery'] = "Viewing a Photo Gallery";

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]Omegatron said:
Add this to your online.php language file

$ubbt_lang['bulkupload'] = "Uploading a bunch of photos to the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['showphoto'] = "Viewing a photo in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['comments'] = "Commenting on a photo in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['slideshow'] = "Viewing a slide show in the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['uploadphoto'] = "Uploading a photo to the Gallery";
$ubbt_lang['showgallery'] = "Viewing a Photo Gallery";
[/]
Thank you, Omegatron!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]Omegatron said:
Did you check for a stray ascaii character being pasted over That error is usually assoiated with that error.

I have seen in and it only happens on that logout page on some sites.

Could be a PHP setting as well. I double checked my site and it does not happen.
[/]

I have another client this is working for. I downloaded the files I used there, changed the paths and uploaded to this other site and am getting the same error again

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
it's printing the header twice

http://www.digitalweddingforum.com/gallery/

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
When you say double headers.... you mean the top of the page? I'm not seeing that at any of those sites.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
do a 'view source', you'll see 2 sets of code starting with:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html

it prints the threads header first and the photopost header second.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
O I C

Allen - if you are including the Threads header with "send_header" you can remove the header from the pp-inc.php file.

Do a search in that file for <html>
there are two cases where the HTML for a header is generated in the printheader function.

make sure both of those are emptied out.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
will do, thanks

the instructions for this mod needs to be updated with that info... everyone is running it with 2 headers

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
arghhh... it still gives me an error trying to log out or in (using another browser).

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I do not see two headers on any of those sites but I see what you are getting at. Although the easy thing is to do one of two things. Remove the Threads header statement as Josh said and you will need to manually enter the proper header info. Or make the Photopost header comments empty which will effect slideshows.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It doesn't print 2 header.php's, it does print 2 sets of:

<html>
<head>
blah
</head>
<body>

Wouldn't it be better for this modification to add the correct threads code into the current photopost code instead of choosing between the 2 or using both? The instructions are already having us replace that exact code in pp-inc.php. Maybe commenting out the send_header line or something would come close to fixing it.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Yes just pulling the existing stylesheet with out headers would fix that. A few extra steps but easy to do. I will document it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849