Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Power User
Power User
[:"red"]This modification is for experienced users only.[/]

Mod Name / Version: HiveMail - Integration 1.0

Description: This hack integrates UBB.threads™'s user database with HiveMail and viceversa. When users registers at your forums, they can request an email account too, the internal registration of HiveMail could be optionally switched off. Users will be notified about new mails automatically similar to the pm-system of UBB.threads™.

Working Under: UBB.threads™ 6.3.1 & HiveMail 1.21

Mod Status: Beta

Any pre-requisites: Working HiveMail 1.21

Author(s): Charles/marsdev.net & Stefan/thinkfactory.de

Date: 08/10/03

Files altered in UBB.threads™: adduser.php, changebasic.php, editbasic.php, newuser.php, ubbt.inc.php, ubbthreads.php, editbasic.tmpl, newuser_signup.tmpl, doapproveuser.php, newpm.gif

Files altered in HiveMail: global.php, options.password.php, read.email.php and the Template 'login'

New Files in UBB.threads™: newem.gif

New Files in HiveMail: includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php

Database altered for UBB.threads™: Yes - see documentation.

Database altered for HiveMail: Yes - see documentation.

Info/Instructions: "Remember: Safe often, save early" (Leisure Sweet Larry I from Sierra, 1991) - so make a backup before changing anything!

Download: Click here!

[]http://www.thinkfactory.de/downloads/counter/test.png[/]

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify. If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.threads™ code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop. If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Last edited by Stefan; 02/18/2004 7:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Wow - Nice Job.

Thank you!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Awesome! Great Job man!

Veteran
Veteran
Excellent - looked at hivemail myself recently would be a great add on.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Please remember that UBB.threads/UBB.threads.sql must look different if you're using table prefixes.
Code
<br />ALTER TABLE w3t_user ADD hm_userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default "0";<br />

must be changed to
Code
<br />ALTER TABLE ***PREFIX***_user ADD hm_userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default "0";<br />
where ***PREFIX*** is your table prefix.

For the hivemail.sql its not needed to do any changes cause in the actual version hivemail does not support prefixes

Sponsored Links
One additional thing again:

Within UBB.threads.sql the line must be
Code
 <br />ALTER TABLE w3t_Users ADD hm_userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default "0"; <br />

and not
Code
 <br />ALTER TABLE w3t_user ADD hm_userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default "0"; <br />

I phoned Stefan and he changed the .Zip File already

Power User
Power User
Zip fixed

Addict
Addict
Oh my, you are my hero!

One question.. do you have any provisions for allowing hivemail to access to only certain groups? For example I just want my paying members to be able to setup accounts, not everyone

Othewise, looks awesome!

Power User
Power User
Hi Jeremy,

the hack actually doesn't know anything about usergroups from threads ...

If anyone get's this working under 6.2.3 let me know, looks like a great addition.

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
In fact this would be quite easy to add. just remove the bit on registration page and in the my home part modify the code so that it check for the user group beforehand.

I do not have the code with me right now but if you need some help let me know I'll post it.

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Veteran
Veteran
oups mistake

Last edited by Charles; 08/11/2003 9:34 AM.

Addict
Addict
Hmm.. well the basis of the hack is perfect, clean interface, easy to use.. so I guess what I'm looking to do is disable the ability for new users to choose an email when they sign up. And essentially, only allow users in my "paying" groups to have the webmail link in their top window and if they don't have an account when they click on it they see the email signup page.

I know that is probably a bit beyond a "simple" fix.. but if anyone is interested in making this possible, please let me know

Veteran
Veteran
not it is an easy fix I can do it for you

Addict
Addict
That would be great charles, just let me know if you need any specific information or if I didn't explain what I needed clearly

palmen #256397 08/11/2003 10:24 AM
Veteran
Veteran
in editbasic.php

at the top of file

modify the auth line to have something like:
Code
 <br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Groups"); <br />

find what you added for the modification:
Code
 <br />//If user has HiveMail Account do not show Form <br />if  ($hm_userid != '0') { <br />	$choosehmname = ""; <br /> <br />} <br />

replace by:
Code
 <br />//If user has no rights or has HiveMail Account do not show Form <br />if( (!preg_match("/-5-/",$user['U_Groups'])) or ($hm_userid != '0')) { <br />	$choosehmname = ""; <br />} <br />

replace 5 by your group number

this is not tested let me know how it goes

egor #256398 08/11/2003 10:26 AM
Addict
Addict
[]Charles said:
in editbasic.php

at the top of file

modify the auth line to have something like:
Code
<br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Groups");<br />

find what you added for the modification:
Code
<br />//If user has HiveMail Account do not show Form<br />if  ($hm_userid != '0') {<br />	$choosehmname = "";<br /><br />}<br />

replace by:
Code
<br />//If user has no rights or has HiveMail Account do not show Form<br />if( (!preg_match("/-5-/",$user['U_Groups'])) or ($hm_userid != '0')) {<br />	$choosehmname = "";<br />}<br />

replace 5 by your group number

this is not tested let me know how it goes
[/]

Great, I'll give it a try a little later today. Thanks!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]Jeremy said:
Oh my, you are my hero!

One question.. do you have any provisions for allowing hivemail to access to only certain groups? For example I just want my paying members to be able to setup accounts, not everyone

Othewise, looks awesome! [/]

But it looks like you signup in the profile.... it would be very easy to restrict access to that part (hide it) in the profile and only display it for certain groups.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Never mind - I see it was already addressed when I got to page 2.

Veteran
Veteran
I told you that once I got back to threads it would be nasty

this makes it my second *offical* modification for threads

[]ericgtr said:
If anyone get's this working under 6.2.3 let me know, looks like a great addition. [/]

I gave it a try with UBBT 6.2.3 and HM 1.2SP1 and it worked with several changes.

You must create a new table called alias which is included in HM 1.2.1 and change some parts within UBBT 6.2.3.

Problem that I have at the moment is that I have so many hacks installed that I am running into trouble installing this hack.
It took 2 hours to modify all the instructions that they fit to my system but then it worked.

The problem is that there is no option that if I delete a forum user the mailuser is also deleted and the way around.
This makes the hack unusable to me at the moment.

Also HM 1.2SP1 makes a lot of trouble cause all the tables have different names (Prefixes are now allowed in this version and a lot of new tables were added).

Veteran
Veteran
[] The problem is that there is no option that if I delete a forum user the mailuser is also deleted and the way around.
This makes the hack unusable to me at the moment. [/] It was a decision we made with Stefan. Once the user was approved we never delete the email account but now this can be added. just look at the bit in doapproveuser and apply it to the code which deletes a user

Veteran
Veteran
[]Also HM 1.2SP1 makes a lot of trouble cause all the tables have different names (Prefixes are now allowed in this version and a lot of new tables were added). [/] why not use the latest hivemail version?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Oh thank God! You are so awesome for this mod! Thanks!
--EDIT--
Will this work with Hivemail 1.3?

Last edited by donJulio; 08/11/2003 11:18 PM.
[]Charles said:
[]Also HM 1.2SP1 makes a lot of trouble cause all the tables have different names (Prefixes are now allowed in this version and a lot of new tables were added). [/] why not use the latest hivemail version? [/]

I modified the templates of Hivemail to gave it the same look as my board. A change to 1.2.1 will bring up a lot of work cause I have to do the changes again and that took hours.

At the moment 1.2.1 isn't stable enough. Take a look at the buglist

I will switch over sooner or later but at the moment the old rule counts: NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

@Rest: 1.3 is not out and if this hack will work with 1.3 is written in the starts cause no one knows which changes 1.3 will bring exactly.

Addict
Addict
Ok... for now I'm just trying to install the hack as per the instructions (I'll attempt my own groups modification later).

And I'm running into problems even with a standard install. When I go to my main forum index (ubbthreads.php) I get this:

[]Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/mypath/mail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 24

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_newmail() in /home/mypath/forums/ubbthreads.php on line 25[/]

So, I commented out the function around line 24 of the plugin file.. then it was reporting the same error in that file at line 55.

So I went ahead and replaced my original files... just wondering where to look to figure this out. Also, says that one function is undefined... strange.

Veteran
Veteran
hard to say like that it should be this line correct?
Code
 $result=$dbh->do_query("SELECT * FROM $options['database'].hive_setting"); 
first is the table he is calling correct? if you are running both under the same database try removing $options['database']. and see what happens

Addict
Addict
Correct, that is the line.

I may try applying the hack again, I may have missed something, but this wasn't all that complicated, so not sure what I may have done

Veteran
Veteran
each section of the hack is pretty much independant so you can really hack file by file and see the result each time.

just make sure to start by creating the new cells in the database. and having the options in hivemail and threads set up

I have tackled this one also and am getting the same error.

Here is the error on the ubbthreads.php page:

SQL ERROR: Tue, Aug 12 2003 09:41:48 -0700 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 131

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php:217) in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 239

This is the error on the login.php page (my home link):

SQL ERROR: Tue, Aug 12 2003 09:44:41 -0700 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 131

Here is what the error log is showing:

Unable to do_query: SELECT * FROM .hive_setting - Table 'socaps_test.hive_setting' doesn't exist

Kahuna
Kahuna
[]Charles said:
hard to say like that it should be this line correct?
Code
 $result=$dbh->do_query("SELECT * FROM $options['database'].hive_setting"); 
first is the table he is calling correct? if you are running both under the same database try removing $options['database']. and see what happens [/]

I had the same problem. Change all the instances of

$options['database'].

to

{$options['database']}.

You will also see that there is also a $options['dbserver']

A couple more variables also need to be treated this way.

Nikos
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm sorry, but which version of Hivemail do I need. Your instructions say 1.21, but I don't see that for downlad @ Hivemail.com. I'm currently running 1.2. You said that 1.2.1 is too buggy and that you would have to redo the templates for Hivemail. So when you say 1.21, do you mean 1.2 w/ SP1? One final thing, what about users who are already signed up for both the forums and the email on the same site? Will they also get the PM-style notifications? What if they have different usernames for the email and for the forums? Thanks!

Last edited by donJulio; 08/12/2003 12:44 PM.
Kahuna
Kahuna
I think based on the table names it should be 1.2.1 but I might be wrong.

Another thing. There is a reference to a field called hm_emails on the ubbt.inc.php but that field is not in the database. When I did create it it still didn't show up the emails received.

Nikos
Veteran
Veteran
hm_emails needs to be added to the w3t_users table and is refeshed when you visit forum home or my home we did since in order to reduce the number of queries.

Veteran
Veteran
hivemail 1.2.1 is available from the member area.

check http://forum.hivemail.com/showthread.php?threadid=1699 for more informations.

and no users will not get the pm style notification since you need to link both accounts by entering the forum id in HM and the HMid id threads. You could do this by hand but by default users will be offered to create an account.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
So if I want to link forum accounts and mail accounts that are owned by the same user before integration, it would be done manually. I haven't downloaded this mod yet, but are instructions included on how to do that? I have no problem doing it manually for my existing users.

Veteran
Veteran
no instructions but it is pretty straight foward add the HM id in the hm_userid field in w3t_users and the user number in hive_user in the VBid field

Power User
Power User
[]dimopoulos said:

I had the same problem. Change all the instances of

$options['database'].

to

{$options['database']}.

[/]

Zip updated for this.

Veteran
Veteran
just a note: If you are running Hivemail and UBB.threads on 2 differents databases they must be located on the same server and have the same login/password.

Addict
Addict
Maybe a bit offtopic, but where can i find some technical details about Hivemail(
especially the backend)?
Does it parse all incoming mail from a catch all account and inserts the data into a MySQL table?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849