Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
Mod Name / Version: My Home Post Statistics 1.2

Description: Adds a link to the My Home screen of the user which leads to a new screen with post statistics per year, month, day, day of the week and hour. There is an admin page which gives the same statistics as a total and per board.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.3-6.4

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: None

Author(s): dimopoulos

Date: 08/31/03

Credits: PhotoPost (Michael) for the Day of the Week addition

Files Altered: templates/default/myhome.tmpl, admin/menu.php

New Files: images/bluebar.jpg, templates/default/myhomestats.tmpl, myhomestats.php, admin/adminpoststats.php

Database Altered: No

Info/Instructions: Very easy modification to install. It should work on previous versions of .threads although I haven't tested it.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.
Attachments
93383-MyHomePostStatistics1.2.zip (0 Bytes, 340 downloads)

Last edited by Ian_W; 12/31/2003 4:26 AM.

Nikos
Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Screenshot of the results
Attachments
93384-preview.jpg (0 Bytes, 57 downloads)

Nikos
Addict
Addict
Awesome hack!

Just installed it, but noticed one minor graphical glitch... probably just because I post so much

Attachments
93385-glitch.gif (0 Bytes, 50 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Excellent mod. Thanks.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
Since we're on the subject... do you think you could make an admin area of this, to give the same statistics, but for everyone? As an admin, I would like to see the posting trends like this, such as what month is the most active, what time of day are people posting the most, etc.

It would seem that it could be done by just modifying the queries a bit, which could take a long time to do if you have a lot of members and a lot of posts. But it would be fun to see

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Yes that was my next release of this mod. It is really simple. Just grab the files and remove the

WHERE B_PosterId = '$Uid'

from the queries. This should give you the data you need.

Nikos
Kahuna
Kahuna
[]Jeremy said:
Awesome hack!

Just installed it, but noticed one minor graphical glitch... probably just because I post so much

[/]

Hmmm... I guess it is because I use <br /> instead of a full table. Let me rework this a bit...

Nikos
AWESOME Mod!

Kahuna
Kahuna
Guys,

I changed the template a bit to cater for what Jeremy showed earlier and also added a new admin stats page which gives the same information but as a total for the whole forum and per board. It might be intensive to the database since there are 4 queries per board plus another 4 queries for the totals but this will only be used by admins so I think it is OK.

Nikos
Addict
Addict
Most excellent, mine displays correctly now.

As for the admin stats... took about a minute to generate the stats, but very cool!!

One quick typo... for the admin stats, your last "Total" stats window says posts per month again.. when that one should be posts per hour Otherwise looks perfect

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Done! Thanks Jeremy.

Nikos
Very Cool

Hacker
Hacker
Very cool!

How about Dow Of Week so you see what day of the week is most popular?

Calculations based on a day number within a month isnt as useful to me as knowing which days of the week are most active, so I swapped out that section with:

Code
    // Totals in Days <br />    $strQuery = " <br />        SELECT  left(date_format(FROM_UNIXTIME(B_Posted),'%W'),3) AS DayLiteral, <br />                dayofweek(FROM_UNIXTIME(B_Posted)) AS DayStat, <br />                COUNT(B_Number) <br />        FROM    {$config['tbprefix']}Posts <br />        WHERE   B_PosterId = '$Uid' <br />        GROUP BY DayStat <br />        ORDER BY DayStat ASC"; <br /> <br />    $sth = $dbh->do_query($strQuery); <br /> <br />    $intCounter = 0; <br /> <br />    while (list($Day, $DayNum, $Posts) = $dbh->fetch_array($sth)) { <br />        $aTotalDays[$intCounter]['Day']    = $Day; <br />        $aTotalDays[$intCounter]['Posts']  = $Posts; <br />        $intCounter++; <br />    }

Which basically rewrites the query and then uses the same format as the month display.

Nice mod, thanks for posting this.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Zip file updated with the Day of Week modification from Michael.

Nikos
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe I have done something wrong - but I can't see where - but if I try the admin version it times out fairly quickly if I try and load it in the mainframe - but if I open it in a new window it will take ages before timing out - and the server load increases from 0.13 to over 2.10

Th end user one runs fine.

Got 50+ users online whislt I try this. But the server is fairly powerful - so that should not affect things.

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Kahuna
Kahuna
It might be the number of boards you have also Ian. The admin page has 4 queries for the totals and 4 x No of Boards queries for the rest of them so for 10 boards you will end up with 44 queries in the database and 44 for loops to display the data.

I will see if I can split the admin section so that it doesn't kill any servers.

Nikos
Addict
Addict
Ian, server load will spike tremendously when you do this, especially on a larger forum with a lot of users/posts. Mine took a little over a minute before I got the results, and server loads were well over 2 while running it.

Veteran
Veteran
[]dimopoulos said:
It might be the number of boards you have also Ian. The admin page has 4 queries for the totals and 4 x No of Boards queries for the rest of them so for 10 boards you will end up with 44 queries in the database and 44 for loops to display the data.

I will see if I can split the admin section so that it doesn't kill any servers. [/]

LOL - only 600 groups & 350 categories

Seriously - do not worry about my set-up - it is not exactly the norm

I can live without it

Kahuna
Kahuna
No I do worry because it might be just an admin feature but if it is going to kill the server even for a minute it is not good. I will sort something out. I have some ideas for additional statistics and would like to split them out. I am also thinking of making a printable page out of them

Let me work something out before the weekend. You can see very clearly the trends on each time interval

Nikos
guys,

where is the admin stats exactly located at????? i am an admin and I can only see my states, but i dont see the admin stats!

guys,

can someone reply to me, where is the admin states located at, and why I still see the glitch that jeremy pointed earlier.

[]https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/uploads/93385-glitch.gif[/]

User
User
Just FYI this mod works fine with 6.4

salim it should be in your admin menu as a link

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]bdoughty said:
Just FYI this mod works fine with 6.4 [/]

Right on...thanks for confirming.

Veteran
Veteran
[]bdoughty said:
Just FYI this mod works fine with 6.4 [/]

Thanks amended the first post

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Great hack! Thanks for making it available.

One question, though..... in the graph for "Posts per Hour", is the time representative of the user's adjusted time or the actual server time?

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Veteran
Veteran
User stats work fine in 6.5.1 - albeit you will have to alter the path for main.inc.php to

// Require the library
require ("./includes/main.inc.php");

Admin stats are not working - but this maybe my server (as per my post above (can't recall if admin stats ever worked for me)) and not a problem with the code.

Also on the admin side - the menu system has altered so the menu changes need to be in admin_adminmenu.tmpl.

Power User
Power User
My Admin stats don't work properly for 6.5.1 either - they used to before I upgraded though....

Coder
Coder
This would be nice for my 6.5 board
anyone ever get it working on 6.5?

Veteran
Veteran
user stats work fine - havn't had a chance to try and see why the admin stats fail.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63