Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#260266 10/08/2003 3:11 PM
With the release of 6.4b1 I found it easier to modify the forum. So far, its almost 80% complete but take a look and see for yourself...

www.jpdatabase.com

Some inner code has been modified and if I find the time to mark it all down I'll post it again here.

Enjoy. I strived to make it look somewhat like the old ubb.classic forum that I use to have.

Comments? Pretty-Please

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
well, the idea is good, but it's kind of hard to differentiate the colors, as they are all so dark.

true it is dark for the default theme, tis a jurassic park site and users wanted it green. my orig style was blueish and redish, if you reg'd and checked out the Classic Database style you would see Glad you like the idea though

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
nice work on the templates

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
haha thanks dude! you made my night!

Sponsored Links

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
okay, I just registered, but would like to give you some more CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

When I went to register, I couldn't find the dang blanks to fill in the info. They are the exact same color as the background. I found them by clicking in places where I thought they'd be.

Anyway, Just thought I'd let you know this because you know how people are that don't use the next like most of us. They'd see that page and be out in a second. Just thinking it would greatly help your signups.

I'm gonna login there and change the style in a bit and have a look

So very true, the green has to do with the templates not being complete. If I didn't head home over the weekend from down here in college I probably could have finished it.

Any more input would be valued take care, got to get back to my reading and yell @ my roommate since he changed the room around on me while I was gone. very mad.

[]IICODECll said:
Enjoy. I strived to make it look somewhat like the old ubb.classic forum that I use to have.[/]

WOW, CONGRATS!!!!!!

I'll finally admit it: Threads can be made to look fantastic! Even though I'm a fan of boards with light (usually white) backgrounds, I must admit this one (design/template) is great in all regards.

In fact I was just going to ask a question about whether something is possible in Threads... and here I am answering my own question!

Once again, CONGRATS!!!

Could you let us in on a few details about how you achieved certain effects? Also, I'd be grateful if you could mention if running a 6.4 board has made any of them easier/possible (whether there would be a difference in doing this in 6.3 and 6.4).

1. The dividing line between the user info on the left and post info on the right being removed.

Was this really easy to do, even in 6.3? Or did you have to do some major code work to achieve this?

2. Including the funny divider line between the "posted on 10/13/03 02:50 AM" message and the content of the message.

As above.

3. The BIG one. How hard would it be to put all the post icons (like "check user profile") next to the "posted on 10/13/03 02:50 AM - #25795" line?

By doing this your template would be identical to Classic! At present novice users might make mistakes as to whether the icon list applies to posts above or below it.

Sponsored Links

You can do it in 6.3, I've done it before but never released it since I knew 6.4 was coming with all those new features.

1. That was simple HTML in "showflat" template.

2. That was a CSS style setting on the table that holds the:

[ Post Icon ] | [Date] [Post Number] [Reply to]

3. That one required some work, because not all people had AIM, ICQ, MSN, the Gender and such entered in the profile. I edited the showflat.php and added in some Var's to call up the information. It requires adding stuff to the call line of the threads but oh well.

No it shouldnt since i have (post stats: Username) with the icons right across from it. If it does, oh well, lol... I've had my post layout like that since the beta days of ubb.classic 6

I should have the entire thing done this weekend since I'm not heading home, staying right here where i have a useable computer

I'm thinking about releasing this version which is pretty heavy and then a light version: where the template isnt set to something exact as the current one, lol... sounds like compact headers light the good old days.

Many thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity have you tried moving all the Icons ('reply with quote', etc.) next to the 'posted on 10/18/03 10:55 PM - #26069' line? That would then allow you to alternate colours between each post (as opposed to alternating between the post and the icons table each time).

Can someone (IICODECll perhaps?) document how these changes were achieved, as in what changes in what templates?

The site looks great and it's amazing to see how much can be done by altering templates, but for some reason this one looks a bit complicated.

Hi IICODECll!

Is there any way I can get the templates from you that you used in that Jurassic Park forum before you made the switch? Those are still the best templates I have ever come across looking at dozens upon dozens of threads boards, so it would be great to give them a closer look and see how you achieved that look.

Is anyone currently using the UBBC-style templates that IICODECll used on his previous Jurassic Park forums?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63