Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Power User
Power User
There are literally thousands of different graemlins out there, in all different styles shades etc... Best to just search really. www.mysmilies.com is a good place to start.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
Great mod. Allthough it still needs a multiple page function. So it will only display xx amount of smilies per page.

exactly what the avatar page does. it only allowas about 8 or 10 per page when someone is selecting an avatar.

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]Rose said:
Hi Dave,

We've installed this mod and it works very well. We have one small problem though. The "More Graemlins" link has (it seems) appeared in a table header, with our table header background color. Also, the link is barely clickable - you have to get the mouse in a 1 pixel area at the bottom of the link text.

Any ideas? [/]

Hmmm give me a link please..

Old Hand
Old Hand
Updated.. thanx Dal..

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
changes?

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
small minor change in a table call.. the link was encompassing the table..

Power User
Power User
[]scroungr said:
small minor change in a table call.. the link was encompassing the table.. [/]
Instructions is edit ??

Old Hand
Old Hand
OK, here is is:

### Change this:

$remotelink = "
<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()"><table class = "darktable"><tr><td class = "tdheader">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</td></tr></table></a>";

### To this:

$remotelink = "
<table class = "darktable"><tr><td class = "tdheader"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</a></td></tr></table>";

### Change this:

$i++;

if ($i==6) {

$i=0;

$graemlinlist .= "<br />";

}

### to this:

$i++;

$gnum++;

if ($i==6) {

$i=0;

if ($gnum < ($config['maxgraemlins'] +1)) {

$graemlinlist .= "<br />";

}

}

[]scroungr said:
Updated.. thanx Dal.. [/]

Anytime

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Trying to get this one up and running....

Installing on v6.4 and having issues in the ubbt.inc.php file.

After making all the necessary changes, I'm finding this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 1554

On line 1554, this is what's found: class user {

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
This version is for 6.5

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
[]Ian_W said:
This version is for 6.5 [/]

Doh! Sorry....I meant v6.5....still trying to get use to typing that.

The issues of getting this running is from my threads v6.5.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Sounds like your missing a closing bracket. I would go back over it and make sure you followed the instructions to the letter..

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ack, okay....think we're getting closer....

The hack runs up until the point a user clicks on "More Graemlins"

When they do, the javascript runs and this is shown:

Warning: main(includes/hack.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/graemlinpanel.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/hack.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/smoknz28/public_html/ubbthreads/graemlinpanel.php on line 21

I know I don't have a file called hack.inc.php. How do I fix this?

Coder
Coder
in your "includes" folder...

create a file named hack.inc.php and then inside of that add this code and save it.

Code
<?<br />include("main.inc.php")<br />?><br /> 

Old Hand
Old Hand
OR just rewrite the code to include main.inc.php instead

I perferred the hack.inc.php way because you had to only point to that in future versions and well.. there will be no future versions

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ah there we go...got er working like a charm!

Thank you "scroungr" for contributing so much to the modifications forum with your work! Definitely a good thing to see people like yourself contributing to the ubb community helping us owners add a lil 'special' touch to our forums. So again, thank you for your contributions.

Mark

Coder
Coder
All I heard was "WOOSH" and something went right over my head...... :\

Veteran
Veteran
In 6.5.1

The directions say
Code
 ###### In your ubbthreads directory:<br /><br />### Open ubbt.inc.php and change this:<br /><br />	function instant_ubbcode() {<br /><br />		global $config,$myprefs,$thispath,$tempstyle,$ubbt_lang,$debug,$dbh,$user;<br /><br /><br /><br />### to this:<br /><br />	function instant_ubbcode() {<br /><br />		global $theme, $config,$myprefs,$thispath,$tempstyle,$ubbt_lang,$debug,$dbh,$user; 

This has changed so it now should say
Code
###### In your ubbthreads directory:<br /><br />### Open ubbt.inc.php and change this:<br /><br />	function instant_ubbcode() {<br /><br />		global $config,$myprefs,$thispath,$tempstyle,$ubbt_lang,$debug,$dbh;<br /><br /><br /><br />### to this:<br /><br />	function instant_ubbcode() {<br /><br />		global $theme,$config,$myprefs,$thispath,$tempstyle,$ubbt_lang,$debug,$dbh;  

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Veteran
Veteran
Also in quickreply.tmpl

<tr><td class = "buttons">

Needs to be removed - this adds an extra cell, which is not required. It distorts the boxes.

Also in ubbt.inc.php

$remotelink = "<br><br><table class = "darktable"><tr><td class = "tdheader"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</a></td></tr></table>

This looks odd with the <td class = "tdheader"> - much better with just <td>

[]Ian_W said:
Also in quickreply.tmpl

<tr><td class = "buttons">

Needs to be removed - this adds an extra cell, which is not required. It distorts the boxes.
[/]

Thanks Ian, mine was showing a background colour under the graemlin link but this sorted it.

[]scroungr said:
Okay Chaos its in Feature Settings in the admin panel right under the allow images/images in signatures. [/]

Small typo, it says 'Maximum ammount of graemlins to shop on post page.'

Should say 'Maximum amount of graemlins to show on post page.'

Another great hack scroungr

Power User
Power User
This tweak is not working in 6.5.1.1

Power User
Power User
This is not working for 6.5.1.1 some of the 'find this' and replace with 'this' ... the 'find this' text is different.

I have it working in 6.5.1.1

What problems are you having?

Power User
Power User
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getmicrotime() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/homename/httpdocs/ubbthreads/includes/main.inc.php on line 16

Problem seems to be with ubb.inc.php No matter how many times I edit and how careful I am, I get the same error as above.

Also the quickreply.tmp file... no matter how careful and how many times I do it... comes back with errors.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Can we get a solid confirmation on this if this hack is working under v6.5.1.1? I know dparvin says he has it working under the latest version....but it appears that there are others out there saying it's not working under v6.5.1.1.

Just trying to get a solid thumbs up from a few before I even consider the headaches....

Addict
Addict
It worked fine for me under 6.5.1.1 and is working fine under 6.5.2b1.

Power User
Power User
Doesn't work for me at all. I get the errors listed above. Then again, my search function is broken, censor filter is broken, new user registration is broken....and infopop has no idea why, and now our license expired and of COURSE they won't give us the fix w/out paying $200 for a year a dead product.

NOT BLOODY LIKELY.

Addict
Addict
When you update your version, do you do it around your hacks, or do you start from stock and re-apply everything?

Addict
Addict
Additionally, there is only one place where the "Find This" is different when installing this on a 6.5.1.1 board. In the 6.5.1.1 ubbt.inc.php, $user no longer exists in the function instant_ubbcode()

I have attached updated instructions. If it still does not work, it is more than likely from past code tinkering.
Attachments
127747-graemlinpanel.6.5.1.1.setup.txt (0 Bytes, 109 downloads)

Journeyman
Journeyman
How would I add this to my Shoutbox? I can get the link to show but can't get it to add the info into the text box.

Hey all, great hack. everything works perfect accept:

with the quick reply, the hack added a purple background that shouldnt be there, it should all be the same color.

I checked some other themes and the same thing happens, but different colors.

Here is an example, if anybody can tell me what went wrong, or what part of the .css would have been changed.

[]http://onlinemedsupport.com/quick_reply.jpg[/]

Thank You

nevermind, had to edit a few things and got it.

thanks anyway

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
wicked34, how'd you fix it? I'm having a very similar problem.

Journeyman
Journeyman
You have to strip away some of the stuff in the instructions for quickreply.tmpl

This is in the instructions:
Code
  ####FIND <br />{$ubbt_lang['DO_PREVIEW']} <br />###ADD BELOW IT <br /><br /><br /> <br /><tr><td class = "buttons"><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()"><table class = "darktable">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</a></td></tr></table> <br /><a name="quickreply"></a>

Instead, change it to:
Code
 <br />####FIND <br />{$ubbt_lang['DO_PREVIEW']} <br />###ADD BELOW IT <br /><br /><br /> <br /><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</a> <br /><a name="quickreply"></a> 

My lines 27-38 look like so:

Code
 <td class="darktable" width="17%" valign="top"> <br /><form method="post" action="{$config['phpurl']}/addpost.php" name="replier"> <br /><b>{$ubbt_lang['OPTIONS']}:</b><br /><br /> <br />$addsig <br />$markupselect <br /><br /><br /> <br /><input type="checkbox" name="preview" value="1" $Pselected class="formboxes" /> <br />{$ubbt_lang['DO_PREVIEW']} <br /><br /><br /><br /> <br /><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="openGraemlinPanel()">{$ubbt_lang['MORE_G']}</a> <br /><a name="quickreply"></a> <br /></td> 

Hope that helps. That way it gets rid of some extra tables you dont need which is why people get the 'purple boxes' in their quickreply template.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Now what about adding the Graemlins link to the shout box?

Journeyman
Journeyman
I can get the link to show up for the 'Add More Graemlins" but I notice the function to insert the text when you click on one of the graemlins doesnt insert into the shout entry box. It's different than the one for quickreply.tmpl. Trying to figure it out but I dont PHP well enough.

Any help?

Thanks.

Old Hand
Old Hand
check the <textarea> has to MATCH

Journeyman
Journeyman
<textarea> ? Could you please elaborate?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63