Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Is there a setting to limit upcoming birthdays showing for the current calender month only? I have a users birthday in March of 2005 allready on the list and I can foresee this becoming huge problem.

Sponsored Links
barbiro #276393 09/01/2004 10:27 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
When I try to set them in the control panel it wont remember the settings for displaying the Calender and also the Past Threads PAL boxes.

Thanks for all your help by the way

barbiro #276394 09/02/2004 11:54 AM
Old Hand
Old Hand
[:"red"] UPDATED AND NEW ZIP [/]
Okay repaired issues with calendar and past threads not saving checked all and updated new zip. Also checked into last seen and as long as instructions are followed it works fine. Also past threads verified as working.

234234 #276395 09/02/2004 6:42 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
[]scroungr said:
[:"red"] UPDATED AND NEW ZIP [/]
O Also checked into last seen and as long as instructions are followed it works fine. Also past threads verified as working. [/]
ouch

I may have bitten off a bit too much in the last few days-Upgrading totally from 6.3 to the Beta and then upgrading IIP all on Vicodin and Soma since I am off work due to a back injury. Its amazing I actually was successful

Thanks for the update-as for the Last Seen Pal it was working in 5.3 IIP so when I ran the Modify MY Database in 6.5 it said it there were no modifications needed. Any idea what I could have missed?

Last edited by ChAoS; 09/02/2004 6:46 PM.
barbiro #276396 09/02/2004 7:17 PM
Old Hand
Old Hand
on the user mgt tab there is a place called

Use enhanced who's online tracking?
Before using this option you must follow THESE setup instructions or this WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY!

is that on or off? and there is also a clickable link there did you do what the instructions said? I have changed most pals so you may need to do some stuff...

Sponsored Links
234234 #276397 09/02/2004 8:19 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Upon further investigation if I turn Enhanced Tracking Mode off then the box displays the info.

Clicking the link to "these" instructions
givee me only this
Code
   You need to run the "Modify My Database" link in initial setup before using this step.
and nothing further

Clicking on modify my database brings up this
Code
  IIP 6.5 modifications already exists. Nothing more to be done here...

and for some odd reason the calender still wont display on the Entrance page but is showing fine in the Sidebar
Thankyou Scroungr

Last edited by ChAoS; 09/02/2004 8:22 PM.
barbiro #276398 09/10/2004 12:57 PM
I'm seeing the issue of the calendar on the main page as well. ANother issue that I am seeing is that if I have the calendar turned on in the sidebar and I click the calendar link I get the following:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_month() (previously declared in /home/eburgess/public_html/ethalon/calendar.php:154) in /home/eburgess/public_html/ethalon/pals/calendarpal.php on line 113

Erik Burgess
Systems Engineer
Old Hand
Old Hand
well then add a @ in front of the require statement for makemonth since yea its a function that is called by both threads and IIP

Journeyman
Journeyman
OHhh i love updates.. but ive got a problem.

I've installed it and configured it up, but when you goto the front page you get

Sorry But Front Entrance is currently down for maintenance.

Even tho its configured.. what have I done wrong ?

ta!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Phew. no one replied.. coz i feel silly.. i just noticed lots of other menus... ignore me please

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
A couple of problems (rechecked my coding - can't spot any errors)

Running this with 6.5 gold

1) I can't get into 'My Home' after a few seconds trying the page reverts back to the entrance page - I can manually go into the individual - can't see why IIP has affected this - but it certainly worked earlier

2) The shoutbox does not seem to have a template associated with it

3) In the events pal - the date needs to be set to the users default - at the moment it is hard-coded to m/d/y - which is wrong for us

This is a clean install of 6.5 - no other mods installed.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Have you tried tossing your cookies? Those sound like cookie issues. Well, on anyway, and probally 2.

Veteran
Veteran
Yep tried that - will probably re-upload 6.5 again, in case a file has become corrupted.

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Veteran
Veteran
Okay - installed fresh copy of 6.5.

Installed the mod, up until logging in and running the initial set-up, and making the index page live.

Nothing touched as far as the sidebar is concerned.

The shoutbox still does not recognise the stylesheet - have tried setting user to default, and a specific stylesheet, and even removing and recreating the shoutbox - but still no joy.

Any thoughts from anyone?

(BTW - guests also get the shoutbox without a stylesheet - http://www.fansfocus.com )

Anyone know why I may be getting this?

Line: 29
Char: 1
Error: Object Expected
Code: 0

It pops up on the bottom of the entrance page when I try to use the shoutbox

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ian - put a full URL in your threads config to the sytlesheet - a relative URL (/stylesheets/whatever.css) won't work, because the shout box is inside the /pals directory already. You need a full URL in your config file http://yoursite.com etc....

Old Hand
Old Hand
I will take a look at it now and will check with the new version.

Old Hand
Old Hand
running fine on my site www.couch-tomatoe.cc

the shoutbox never had a template associated with it. it is developed through code in shoutdisplaypal.php and as long as you have a full url to the stylesheet it should work.

the eventspal.php is hardcoded to m/d/y but you can change it if ya look at the code.

I have no idea why it reverts back to the entrance. it shouldn't and doesn't on my site.

Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Josh - forgot about that - by default I think threads is setup to be just /stylesheets - updated the config & all is well.

scroungr - Thanks - I had already altered the coding to reflect the change in date - but it would be nice for this to reflect the users own choice - so if anyone from the US views the site, they will have the events in their date format.

Not sure about the reverting back to the entrance - that may have been a typo on my part in the next section of coding (frontpage options or sidebar), which I am about to redo

Veteran
Veteran
Okay - re did the bit for setting the entrance. What I have found is that if I select 'Entrance' as my choice under changedisplay then hitting 'my home' will take me to the entrance rather than my home. If I change my choice back to say 'mi' or 'cp' rather than 'en' then 'My Home' works fine again. The only way to actually change it back is by database diving - as if you go direct to changedisplay.php I get 'It does not appear that this was submitted from the proper form. Please use your back button to return to the previous page.'

Double checked to see if I have made a typo, and I don't think I have.

Having a fiddle with the code, to see if I can detect why, it is doing this - but no luck so far.

Coder
Coder
Problem:

the top 5 posters box doesn't count correct. I have 5615 postings in the board and the box show only 32.

I do an upgrade from ubbt6.4.4 with the old IPP to 6.5 with this new IPP.

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay I will change that code cause it sounds like a god way to do it IAN in the eventspal.php. About the changing back to the entrance I will have to look again. About the top posters I will look at the query but I didn't do anything to top posters except change the languagen strings

Coder
Coder
ah, I found something. The Topposter was a misunderstanding, but something is wrong also.

I set the value for topposters to 5 days, so only postings in the last 5 days where counted. Now I set it to 0 and get much more, but not the right value. I set the day value to 0 and get for my acount 2747 posts on the IPP, but in the messageboard I got a count of 5616

/edit: Damm... I should read all settings before posting I have excluded boards from counts. I will do a test with all board in IPP enabled. Enabling some of them increase the counter... my fault.

Last edited by Zarzal; 09/27/2004 8:44 AM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
[]Ian_W said:
Okay - re did the bit for setting the entrance. What I have found is that if I select 'Entrance' as my choice under changedisplay then hitting 'my home' will take me to the entrance rather than my home. If I change my choice back to say 'mi' or 'cp' rather than 'en' then 'My Home' works fine again. The only way to actually change it back is by database diving - as if you go direct to changedisplay.php I get 'It does not appear that this was submitted from the proper form. Please use your back button to return to the previous page.'

Double checked to see if I have made a typo, and I don't think I have.

Having a fiddle with the code, to see if I can detect why, it is doing this - but no luck so far. [/]

Hmm can't get it to do this.. what it does if I select Entrance under changebasic and click submit sends me to the entrance.. if I select main index and click submit it sends me to the main index.. if I select My Home it sends me to My Home like its suppose to.. I can change it to whatever of the choices I want..

Veteran
Veteran
Sure - but if you change your selection to Entrance under changebasic - what do you get if you then click on My Home? When I do that I go to the Entrance Page rather than My Home - I can still get to the Control Panel though.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I go to My Home you mean the link at the top right? What does the link say when ya mouse over it?

should say http://yourdomain.com/ubbthreads/myhome.php?Cat=0

Old Hand
Old Hand
made a few changes upload new file.. eventspal now pulls from users default

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmm I think I see the difference.. in your ubbt_registerednav.tmpl and ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl

what does your my home point to?

mine points to

<a href = "$phpurl/myhome.php?Cat=$Cat" $target>{$ubbt_lang['CONTROL_PANEL']}</a>

I think thats where the difference is..

yours probably points to

<a href= "$phpurl/login.php?Cat=$Cat&myhome=1">{$ubbt_lang['MY_HOME']}</a>

which of course would make a difference..

Old Hand
Old Hand
so you will need to play with this logic here in ubbt.inc.php

Code
 <br />		if ($startpage != "mi" || $myhome) { <br />			$main = "ubbthreads/myhome.php"; <br />		} <br /> <br />		if ($from == "cp") { <br />			$main = "ubbthreads/admin/login.php"; <br />		} <br /> <br />		if ($startpage == "en") { <br />			$main = "index.php"; <br />		} <br />

to get it right.. or do what I did and hardcade the MyHome

Last edited by scroungr; 09/27/2004 12:35 PM.
Veteran
Veteran
[]scroungr said:
Hmm I think I see the difference.. in your ubbt_registerednav.tmpl and ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl

what does your my home point to?

mine points to

<a href = "$phpurl/myhome.php?Cat=$Cat" $target>{$ubbt_lang['CONTROL_PANEL']}</a>

I think thats where the difference is..

yours probably points to

<a href= "$phpurl/login.php?Cat=$Cat&myhome=1">{$ubbt_lang['MY_HOME']}</a>

which of course would make a difference.. [/]

The second, which is the default - I will have a fiddle, to see if I can come up with a solution

Coder
Coder
There seems to be a missing { in lastseenpal.php:

##find:
$myString .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";
$myString2 .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} $configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";

##replace with:
$myString .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} {$configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";
$myString2 .= "<tr><td align="right">...<a href="javascript: document.LastSeenBox.submit()"><em><strong>{$pal_language['NEXT']} {$configpal[lastonDisplayNum]}</strong></em></a></td></tr>";

I am sure this has been asked before, but for example I have my forums installed in /forums/

Can I install IIP in the root directory instead of in the forums directory?

Just curious!

Yes you can. There should be instructions for that. It's not really much of a change.

Yea, that was no big deal at all. Just changed the path and am up and running on the test site.

Do have a question. Anyone know why I am getting a default NULL event on my IIP eventspal ?

[]
Upcoming Events
12/31/69
·
10/31/04
·Halloween

View Calendar [/]

Old Hand
Old Hand
probably cause you have no events? Hmm not sure how did you enter in Halloween?

Clicked on Calender, clicked Add Event - there it was.

I am going to create an event off of a post, see if that clears the null value.

Didn't clear it. I tried different events settings, cannot clear the issue.

Going to add a few more events and see if it atrophies off as more events are added.

OK, more on this.

This is a fresh install of UBB.Threads 6.5 and this version of IIP. Brand spanking new setup, so little to no data to show either.

I have Events Mgmt showing 5 events, and I have added five public events (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, and New Years Day).

Out of the five, the first four show up...the fifth has yet to show up even though I have 5 events to display.

The 12/31/69 is still present as a NULL event, and I have checked my events table, nothing exists.

Not sure what this is.

Coder
Coder
Minor Bug:

IIP control panel, index file options, at the bottom:

Should we cache the Short Status information to decrease page generation times?
If so, how many minutes should lapse before updating? (0 disables)

if you enter a numeric value in the box and save it the value is disapered next time enter this page.

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay will check when I get some time

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63