: Trillian Pro v1.0
. Reviewed By
: Greg Hard Trillian
is, and has always been, my favorite piece of software for as long as I can remember. For those of you unlucky people who cant use it, it combines AIM, ICQ, Y!, IRC and MSN into one clean feature packed program. They've done it again, upgraded it, and are...charging for it?
In this mini review, I'm going to talk Pro. Trillian Pro, that is. Here's a shocker.
I absolutely love Trillian Pro.
First, here are my ratings.
- Performance - 8 - I gave performance an 8 because it loads quickly and uses little ram and resources. However, the old trillian used a little bit less, but that's not a big deal.
- Features - 9 - I gave features a 9 because there are SO many features, that can do so many things.
- Usability - 7 - It's easy to use, but some things are hidden inside the preferences area and hard to find.
- Design - 8.5 - The design deserves higher than an 8, but less than a 9. But since it's skinable, the default design can be changed making this rating totally null and void.
- Price - 7 - It's only $25, but that's YEARLY for updates.
- Support - 9 - They're known for great support with your problems, if any are found.
Now for some feature highlights!RSS Feeds
Any site using RDF, XML or backend.php files to syndicate content, can be in Trillian Pro. You can even get alerts when new ones are added. It comes with some built in, but I added a few of my own.Weather
Simple. Get realtime weather in Trillian Pro
. Useful, saves some clicks... Not worth $25, but it helps.MetaContacts
VERY cool feature in Trillian Pro
. Allows you to group as many contacts as you want, from any service, in one group. Example: I could have a UBB meta contact with all my ubb contacts in there that show when I hover over the contact name. Possibilities are endless.Events
Events are powerful tools in Trillian Pro allowing you to set sounds, set away messages/idle time after a period of minutes, launch programs and ever so much more! Read More About Events
Next Page: Screen Grabs, and More!