Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mass
UBBDev/ThreadsDev Content Rulez Second Place
By: Allen Ayres

Note: A fairly recent convert to ubb.threads from ubb.classic, Jacob Wilson has built a site to be proud of. With >500k posts, hundreds of tech articles, how-to's, and 100+ online at most hours of the day or night, http://www.abcbodybuilding.com proves the adage - if yer lookin for it, this is where to find it. "It" in this case is one of the most in-depth sites on the net for bodybuilding, exercise, and fitness.

We caught up this past week with the president for abcbodybuilding.com and Hyperplasia, their monthly ezine - Jacob's second place site proves even girly-men like me can find everything they'd need to know to become Dr. Banner's alter-ego...

UBBDev/ThreadsDev: First of all, congrats! on coming in second in this contest! laugh Tell me about the history of your site and when you got started.

Jacob Wilson: Thank you! smile We introduced ABC on the scene in February of 2001, and it sky rocketed from there.

UD/TD: That's a lot of growth in such a relatively short period of time. Which are the most popular forums on your board?

JW: Our training and nutrition forum are our most popular. There isn't a question someone can ask, that will not get several in depth answers. Whether it concerns dieting to burn fat, gain muscle, or simply a critique of a certain training protocol or routine.

Our Female forums are also getting quite popular. Quite a bit of experienced women are now entering the site, which is extremely exciting. And of course our online journals, are a favorite. You can post your daily routine and diet, and get it critiqued daily. Its quite tremendous.

index

site index

UD/TD: I gotta tell ya, your site keeps'em coming back for more. What kind of threads are typical on your forum?

JW: The threads essentially run the full gamut. You have advanced athletes who share tricks of the trade in diet and exercise, and you also get beginning trainees seeking the best way to improve their physiques. Most beginners gain knowledge at a rapid rate.

We also receive quite a bit of scientific threads on the site. Such as discussions on the various muscle fibers in the human body, and how to hypertrophy them. Or how to manipulate insulin levels while dieting so as to burn fat at an extreme rate.

UD/TD: I've read some of them, they hurt my head shocked We find most sites that do well have admins that are heavily involved with a personal history in the subject matter. When did you start bodybuilding?

JW: ABC is bodybuilding focused, but we are also an overall training site. If I include all my athletic experience, such as martial arts, I have a good 16 years under my belt.

David

UD/TD: Is that a black or a weightlifting belt? tipsy Besides the UBB.Threads Forum, what other content do you have on your site?

JW: smile I'm glad you asked. We have six main sections including the forums on the site, each of which is its own entity. The other five consist of the following

1. A Monthly Magazine online. We are developing a tremendous writing staff. First let me state the background behind our magazine. Our goal is innovation.

There are two mechanisms by which an athlete can gain muscle. The process most discussed is " hypertrophy. " That is, to increase the actual size of already existing muscle cells. However, a new concept, which is just being explored is known as " hyperplasia. " This is a method in which the athlete actually stimulates the formation of new muscle fibers. Mr. Adam Knowlden, who by far creates the most high tech, innovative, and unparalleled result producing training programs the world has ever known, describes the process here

quote:

There are two primary mechanisms in which new fibers can be formed. First large fibers can split into two or more smaller fibers and secondly satellite cells can be activated.

Satellite cells are myogenic stem cells which are involved in skeletal muscle regeneration. When you stretch or intensely work a muscle fiber, satellite cells are activated. Satellite cells can undergo mitosis or cell division and give rise to new myoblastic cells.

These immature muscle cells can either fuse with a pre-existing muscle fiber causing that fiber to get bigger (hypertrophy), or these myoblastic cells can fuse with each other to form a new fiber. This is one of the ways to achieve hyperplasia!

This is an area, we are researching quite a bit. The point? If you can increase the number of muscle cells you actually have, then you no longer have to lean on so called genetic limitations! You can smash them.

It is this concept, which has formed the cornerstone of our publication, which is now rightfully named, " Hyperplasia The magazine. "

The last two months have seen some exciting issues. Mr. Joe King, covered every hormone in the body, in an unparalleled fashion. If we can manipulate each hormone in our body naturally, we can speed muscle gains and the rate at which we burn fat to incredible rates! I would look for him to be one of the biggest names the world of exercise physiology has ever known! His research is impeccable, and His knowledge and skill are in another zone.

Another writer of ours and nutritional guru, who we call Venom, discussed some extreme concepts on post workout replenishment. For example, after you train, several catabolic( muscle wasting ), hormones are elevated. Consequently, there are several mechanisms one has at his or her disposal to suppress these hormones, and actually elevate anabolic( muscle building ) counterparts. I.E. The concept known as Gastric emptying. Gastric emptying refers to the " rate " at which the stomach releases food into one's small intestine. By manipulating this rate naturally, you can manipulate the rate at which you absorb nutrients and bring catabolism to a screeching halt! He went into depth into the chemistry of it all as well. However, we take special care to relay even the most difficult concepts in a way that all those reading can understand.

2. Nutrition - In this section of the website, we delve into dieting to both gain muscle and or burn fat. In addition to this, we cover a wide range of supplementary strategies. All of which are non-biased. Further, as we speak, myself and our writing staff are working on a massive Bioenergetics project for this section. We intend to release one of the most scientifically referenced dissertations on pre, during and post workout nutrition ever. And we will wipe out all the myths which propagate this area.

2. Exercise Demonstrations - Currently we have an exercise section with approximately 500 exercises, all demonstrated and discussed. They include movements for all body parts, be it legs, arms, chest, back, neck, traps, you name it, its there.

However, we are also working on what we call " project X " It is a technology which will take our exercise demonstrations to a new level. Along with its release we intend to introduce approximately 200 more exercises initially, and hundreds more to follow. Look for big things in this area, guaranteed!

3. Workouts - In this section we have countless programs!
They usually range from eight to twelve week regimens. For example, you may want to build bigger biceps. We have two intense eight week programs for this. Each of them are filled with several exercise regimens and explained in crystal clear detail. Additionally we cover three levels of shocking methods. These are methods which literally shock the body into improvements. The first is basic shocks, the second are advanced shocks in detail, and the third and most extreme is " underground shocking methods. " These are methods rarely heard in the world of athletics, but they are detailed here, and guaranteed to make an athlete advance! We also have in the workout section, as subsection dedicated to workout questions and answers, training guides( a large number of articles here ), and even a section on Gym humor! Which our members find gives them quite a laugh.

Anatomy - This is our newest section. This month we added two subsections to it. Mr. King and Mr. Knowlden worked at extreme levels to produce our endocrine system( discussion on various hormones ). In this, you will learn how to manipulate hormones. And you will see some extreme talent developing the section. We have also released a section on biomechanics.

Biomechanics can be defined as such. The application of the laws and knowledge of mechanics to the anatomical (structural) and physiological (functional) aspects of a living, breathing system. Which in our case is the human body.

This will prove to be an extreme and very beneficial section.

We also cover detailed anatomy of each body part, and how to scientifically train them. An entire subsection is dedicated to the manipulations of muscle fibers. We have three main fiber subtypes. Fast Twitch IIA, IIB, and Slow Twitch IA. Particular movements and repetitions ranges will recruit various fibers. And, muscles are each made up of a certain percentage of these cells. If an athlete knows the fiber makeup, they can better build that particular muscle group. For example, the soleus( a part of the calves ) is 98 percent slow twitch, where as the hamstrings are mainly fast twitch. Both will be trained distinctly different. We

A. Cover how to target each muscle fiber
B. Show each ratio for each body part!

That is a taste of what is on our site. Articles and workouts can be discussed live with the writers on the message boards. Which is there point. To be an interactive resource for the athlete. To equip him with all he or she will ever need.

abc

UD/TD: Wow, you guys must spend a tremendous amount of time prepping each month's issue for just the ezine, the other content is pretty amazing too. What are the other main interests of the members on your site (obviously bodybuilding/strength training) - what else?

JW: We have quite a few Christians on the site. In fact, we cover some extremely in depth discussion on the Bible, its preservation historically, and current events and how they relate to it. In each of the moderators signatures, you will find a link to a thread, which itself links to various studies covered over the last year in this subject. We also go into scientific and philosophical detail as well.

UD/TD: I've followed some of those threads, your staff is obviously dedicated and knowledgable in several areas. This thread regarding the Scopes Trial in particular amazed me in their depth of knowledge. :bow:

With all this great content, how do you promote the site?

JW: Various search engines( we are in yahoo's most popular etc. ), as well as word of mouth. Our members have allot of pride in the site. And they are extremely active in improving it on a daily basis. They are extremely friendly, and generous with their time, and knowledge. We definitely have a tremendous amount of talent.

I would look for some big updates over the next 12 months on our site. We have been working on quite a few technological avenues, as well as research projects.

UD/TD: I'm really looking forward to it Jacob laugh Well... I'll let you get back to work, thank you again for the great interview, and congratulations on your well-deserved placing.

JW: Thank you very much,

Jacob Wilson
President Abcbodybuilding / Hyperplasia magazine

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63