Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Old Hand
Old Hand
I been to to a dozen sites and some graphics are showing and some are not.. this is in Internet Explorer Only.. Mozilla works fine... I did a right click properties and the pics show as -1 in size.. this is not localized and is not just me others are reporting the same..

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
okay looking at this IE is showing this

[]http://www.calvert.cc/images/ie.gif[/]

and Mozilla is showing this

[]http://www.calvert.cc/images/mozilla.gif[/]

Addict
Addict
If an image that was saved with Photoshop 7+ without the "save for web" feature, and that image is altered by ImageMagick.. this causes that behavior in IE.

When you save photoshp files without the web option, it inserts a bunch of XML code and junk in the header of the image.. when the image is manipulated by ImageMagick, something gets fubared, and causes IE to just kinda hang, not loading these images.

Once you encounter one image like this, all other sites will have erratic image behavior similar until you close down your IE windows.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm so if a user uses Photopost to upload a picture and that picture was created in paintshop pro 7 without the web option this will flake out the entire board? Hmm wonder if theres a option in Photopost or if there is a work around for this

Addict
Addict
There is an option in photopost.. instead of just save, or save as... there is a "Save for web". But as far as I know, this behavior only occurs when imagemagick alters the file... or, maybe it is just when the image is linked in a post via UBB code or HTML.

I haven't experimented with it enough, but that is a big issue with PhotoPost and ReviewPost users.. is when people save files incorrectly and upload them, people using IE can have messed up galleries that way.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You really need to use jpegtran to work around it.

http://www.photopost.com/tipsphp.html

Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah I got jpegtran entered in Photopost...

Addict
Addict
Is it photopost specifically that is causing the problem, or just other photos in general?

Old Hand
Old Hand
I think it was Photopost that started the issue. It was fine uptil today and I think I found a bad image so I deleted it and then rescanned the database rebuilding thumbnails and it fixed it.. but the issue was no matter what site I looked at I and others saw bad pics all over the place.. its been pretty much fixed now Thank You Everyone

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849