Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
Hey everyone! I'm in need of some major assistance!

I need a forum on STEROIDS!

A little background first to pull you into my mindset -- the site is based on people helping people. At its core, the site will be primarily forum based. I, Joe Schmoe, go to peeradvice.com and wait for people to answer. When I find the most helpful response(s), I award the users that gave the advice with a point value to show how helpful it was. This is how it works for every user. Any user can ask/answer questions, and every user accumulates points.

Now, the animations..

When you register, you'll be able to pick from 8 different avatars (animals). As you gain points, your avatar will grow and change. For example -- Reaching 25 points, every one of the 8 avatars go from being an ordinary, plain animal to an animal with a purpose. When you reach 25 points, I'd like a splash screen to pop up with an animation of that avatar evolving to the next level. It's like a message board on steroids. Other ideas I have include having a login screen for each user that has all 8 avatars standing next to eachother (each one would be in the state that you've evolved it to) with a constant background. Switching out an avatar might elicit a reaction from the avatar you're changing from, for example.

On the actual forums, your avatar would remain constant -- i.e. a jpg. The only time you'd see animations are in your personal login screen or when each avatar reaches the next level. I'm going for a very American/Anime feel, so when an animal evolves I'd like to see lots of high speed lines and cheesy sound effects.

All that needs to be happening in each user's specific control panel after they've logged in.

I've got several folks sending quotes back for the animation piece of it, but I'm going to need some serious help on the forum part of it. Is anyone here interested in chatting more? Anyone want to throw out a quote?

Respond here or PM me! Thanks!
-Dan

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63