Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#310717 09/21/2004 4:23 PM
Lurker
Lurker
I posted this in the how to section then found this one...here it is

Hi all,

I dont know if I am in the right place but I got this link from the infopop customer service technician. I am stuck in a very desperate situation and hope someone can help me.

Last year I purchased UBB Threads and installed it on a site I currently own www.coconutlounge.com - everything was fine but we recently ran into a problem.

I had some features I wanted to add to the site and my developer told me to do so we would have to create a totally seperate user database and bypass the one that comes with UBB Threads...well we did that and linked everyting to this new database but now we ran into some major problems with the UBB Threads which could paralize my project.

The UBB threads is not fully recognizing the people in the new database. So some of the major issues I am seeing are users can post but cant edit their posts (because UBB thinks they are anonymous) - then it is not recognizing new posts (though my developer did try a work around which doesn't quite work)- the bad news is my developer told me that there's nothing else he can do. Says he cant imagine a way to fix these problems

We were able to find work arounds for the other issues such as forum avatar etc. We are still working on linking the forum options to new database...

Now I cant get help from Infopop because they do not support customizations but I am desperate. I am seeking help from any source at this point so if anyone can help me with this or would like more detail please email me [][email protected][/]

I am so desperate for an answer if I cant get this done I will probably end up getting rid of the UBB Threads though i do love this forum and settle for something else that I can fully cumstomize to work with my site.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63