Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#311939 11/11/2006 1:11 AM
Lurker
Lurker
Let's see how this gets met over here. Gizmo seams to think this request is beneath the development team over at UBB as it wouldn't benefit the "global userbase." I have a specific use for this feature and I'm sure there are others that could use some of these feature requests as well.

I'd love to use the calendar to post tour dates on my site. It would be great if there where different types of evens with custom fields. For example, when adding tour dates there should be fields for date, city, venue and buy tickets link.

I'd also like to use the portal option to post upcoming dates on my home page in text... not in calendar format.

The other feature I'd like to have would be the band's history. It would be great for fans to be able to read through the history in chronological order or search for past events. It would also be nice to have a "this day in history" portal for the home page.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
For note, when I requested you post here I didn't mean it was beneath anyone; I was simply stating that, due to the long backlog of feature addition requests that there are already (current new features (such as the gallery) are being assigned to 7.2, which will be a ways into the feature) it wouldn't get added into the stock code for some time...

UBBDev and ThreadsDev are longstading modification sites for the UBB and wouldn't be bound by seeking the approval of the groupee owners before adding in features... Not to mention UBBDev/ThreadsDev have numerous developers to work on modifications versus just one (Rick) working on the core-code.

Again, my sugguestions of posting your modification requests here was to benefit you getting the features you'd like to see added to your forum immediately, for you and anyone who wants to see similar additions; I wasn't meaning to say anything was worthless, I want everyone to be able to have their features added in as they want them, UBBDev is the place to do that as a handful of private developers can have more time to work on things versus one core developer.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Lurker
Lurker
It doesn't really matter, I'd rather have it as an added feature on a future release of UBB instead of a hack that will probably get broken with each release but if that's the way it has to be so be it.

I'd love to hear from someone to find out if this hack is possible.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63