Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#316300 11/10/2007 10:48 PM
Lurker
Lurker
I have no idea if I am posting this cry for help in the proper area so please forgive me if it is not.
I am an officer in the FGMCC (First Generation Monte Carlo Club) site.
My Dell computer runs Internet Explorer 6.0. My ISP is Road Runner via Time Warner Cable. A few months back our website was changed over.

Now for whatever UNKNOWN reason I am intermittenly LOCKED out of the site. I can access every & any website on the face of the earth EXCEPT the FGMCC.com. When I try to get on I get the IE error message that tells me the site is unavailable or busy.

The last time this happened (last month) I could not get on for about 24+ hours. In that time, I contacted our web guru for the club, Lloyd. He checked evverything on his end & there was no problem with the site.

I contacted Time Warner Cable and Road Runner. They checked everything on their end & no problem either.

I contacted DELL (after hours on the phone with them) they also found no explanation. They want me to kill my entire home computer & then re-load everything. That is a last resort for me. I was about to do it when magically I was able to get back in the site.

Last week, another board memeber emailed me becuase he was locked out for over a day & the magically he got back in. This makes me all the more hesitant to kill my system as it is not a problem that only I am having.

I never had this problem with our old website so I am very confused.

I have now been locked out of our site for 2 full days. Do you have any insight as to why this could be occurring to myself & others???

I do not know where else to turn for support so thought I would check with you guys.

Thank you for listening and for hopfully some insight into this bizarre problem.

I have no idea if I am posting this cry for help in the proper area so please forgive me if it is not.
My Dell computer runs Internet Explorer 6.0. My ISP is Road Runner via Time Warner Cable. A few months back our website was changed over.

Now for whatever UNKNOWN reason I am intermittenly LOCKED out of the site. I can access every & any website on the face of the earth EXCEPT the FGMCC.com. When I try to get on I get the IE error message that tells me the site is unavailable or busy.

The last time this happened (last month) I could not get on for about 24+ hours. In that time, I contacted our web guru for the club, Lloyd. He checked evverything on his end & there was no problem with the site.

I contacted Time Warner Cable and Road Runner. They checked everything on their end & no problem either.

I contacted DELL (after hours on the phone with them) they also found no explanation. They want me to kill my entire home computer & then re-load everything. That is a last resort for me. I was about to do it when magically I was able to get back in the site.

Last week, another board memeber emailed me becuase he was locked out for over a day & the magically he got back in. This makes me all the more hesitant to kill my system as it is not a problem that only I am having.

I have now been locked out of our site for 2 full days. Do you have any insight as to why this could be occurring to myself & others???

I do not know where else to turn for support so thought I would check with you guys.

Thank you for listening and for hopfully some insight into this bizarre problem.

http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Last edited by Ohiocaps; 11/10/2007 11:32 PM. Reason: addded address that is not opening
Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Do you have a security program such as Peer Guardian? Some of these block "dangerous" IP RANGES which include some legit sites... for instance, they may block the FCC yet your ISP may own some of the IP's that are between some of the "known owned" ranges which could just be a issue with this program on your machine...

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
PS, tell Lloyd I said hi (I'm the guy who made that style you're using lol)

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Lurker
Lurker
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Do you have a security program such as Peer Guardian? Some of these block "dangerous" IP RANGES which include some legit sites... for instance, they may block the FCC yet your ISP may own some of the IP's that are between some of the "known owned" ranges which could just be a issue with this program on your machine...

Oh, wow, I forgot to mention that I am bascially computer literate...not good at techy stuff so your response is a little "greek" to me.
I do have Norton Anti-Virus & Security. I disbaled it and attempted to get into the site but still NO LUCK.

I also downloaded firefox and kept norton disbaled & still could not get in.

Lurker
Lurker
I received this from another computer site:
http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://fgmcc.com

It will take you to same page, except it is using the free proxy provided by anonymouse.org.

It allowed me to get into the FGMCC site but would not allow me to log in & post.

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
go to your network settings on your windows machine.

change your DNS servers to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.6 (L3 Verizon dns servers)

i've had the same isues with Time warner/RR over time and their servers either get overloaded or are just plain slow.

so bumping up to these very fast/stable ones never hurts .. give it a try, it works for me for a while now smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
http://www.mediacollege.com/computer/network/dns.html <-- description of how to..

also, just google 'change windows dns servers' and you will find tons of tuts on how to do it wink

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
I prefer OpenDNS myself

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
lol with all your privacy concerns, i'd think you'd be leading the charge against openDNS's privacy policy.

whatever fluffs your flannel though.

i prefer verizon for the speed i get over openDNS.. openDNS takes 2x as long to reach than the L3 Verizon ones for me at least.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
'eh I do have privacy concerns with plenty of places, however OpenDNS is far more reliable than what just about any ISP provides smirk

But it's great that Verizon actually does something right for you... Out here they're worthless, overloaded, and slow as piss... I wasn't even pulling 200k downstream when I had them...

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
okie dokie smile

you do realize i'm only talking about domain lookups and not dl speed via whatever ISP..

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yes, I was simply referencing how verizon sucks in other ways wink...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63