Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
I moved my website to a different server and am having problems getting things to work. It's on a Linux server and I need these:
Absolute Path for your UBB CGI DIRECTORY
Absolute Path for your UBB NON CGI DIRECTORY
Absolute Path to Members Directory
Absolute Path to Directory Where Your Custom Variable Files Reside

Server support told me that the CGI directory is at: #!/usr/bin/perl (assume this will be the same for Custom Variable files) but kept getting errors with the Members dir.

It's showing that the members directory doesn't exist. I assume this is because it's the first time as there are quite a few members. It's asking to use Admin5, but doesn't give a password. I don't see a members file for 001 or 002 and wonder if this has somehow been deleted over the 8 years I've had it.

Still using the old UBB 5.45 - any help would be appreciated. I've been out of the loop WAY too long.

Sponsored Links
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
No, that's the path to Perl, that is not your CGI Directory...

You'll need to ask them where the CGI Directory in your user home is, not the path to perl.

UBB.Dev - Putting Dev into UBB.threads
Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World, and UGN Security
UBB.Threads: My UBB Themes, My UBB Scripts
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
HERE is a link to something that my help you get started.

There is no such thing as stupid questions.
Just stupid answers.
Lurker
Lurker
Thanks guys. I called them back but to no avail.

I've tried a few of these tricks but I think that the problem maybe that the CGI file for Admin5 is not there (a friend threw that out). If it still exists in later versions, can someone shoot that to me? It's the default member for UBB 5.45 setup before any members are created.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Well, that's just a default admin user; if you're created a user and it has admin access then that user can instead be used to administer the site.

Company: VNC Web Services - UBB.threads Scripts and Scripting, Install and Upgrade Services, Site and Server Maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
Good point. And it doesn't accept that as Admin. Guess that would be the case regardless - if that goes back to the Members directory issue.

UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
UBBDev / UBBWiki Owner
Time Lord
Yeh, if the cgi scripts can't see the variable files (or member files) then it'll error out.

You could try putting a php script in your web root named phpinfo.php containing:
Code
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

And accessing it with your web browser, then looking for the "SCRIPT_FILENAME " variable, this would at least tell you what your non-cgi path would be (and from that you would probably be able to piece together your cgi-bin directory)

An example would be:
SCRIPT_FILENAME /var/www/public_html/phpinfo.php

So we can see that /var/www/public_html contains the file I uploaded to my /public_html folder, so the noncgi path if I put a ubb directory in my public_html folder would be /var/www/public_html/ubb and if my cgi bin was a folder named "cgi-bin" in the directory where my public_html folder was then it'd be /var/www/cgi-bin/ (likewise the same with say a members folder)

Lurker
Lurker
Cool - I will try that tomorrow. Brain neurons are slowly breaking down today...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63