Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
The fix is very simple: Remove the following line of code from ubb_library2.pl.
Code
code:
That's it!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll test it out shortly.

Where can I get this hack except for UBB6?

Maybe go look in the UBB6 forums...

This Topic Hit Counter is available here on the UBB Dev Net

click the link below...

It is in the Database board under the V 5 Mods forum

https://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000059

Sponsored Links
Got it working fine on UBB 5.44a.

I already had the "last username to post" hack so I made a minor adjustment to one of the forumdisplay mods (both hacks work fine together now). I also skipped the $extrapages routine but everything seems okay (so far!).

See here

I'll let you know if anything goes wrong! wink

Many thanks for a great hack, JB007. You deserve a kiss from Ms Moneypenny! smile

Cool,
I have this working on a heavily hacked 5.45c board. Yep, it took a llittle time to run down some changes that needed to be made, but it works! Even the fix for the multi-page problem listed on page 3. Here is my dilema...and I am just plain tired so I thought I'd drop a note here. I'll continue to work on this...but I need to walk away following several failed attempts.

I have the Redirect Hack installed, and everything works fine...except when you move a thread...and I guess this might happen even if you just close a thread...anyway, views are still counted in a closed thread...and I want the counting to stop if a thread is closed.

Break time! Again...good job on this 007!

Not sure if anyone cares....but I have this working on a heavily hacked 5.45c board (as above), and I have modified the code for active.cgi as well as the getdaily subroutine to reflect the current status of the hits counter in the Control Panel. Also took a while to square away the "Last Reply by" cooperation when there are multiple pages! smile (I looked through this thread and only saw a mention of it, but no fix.)

No worries...007, works a treat! Thanks for the code...I had VERY little to modify thanks to you!! smile

How resource intensive is this Hack? I would like to install but I have a very high traffic forum and concerned about it's impact on the server. Can anybody who is using it commment?

What kind of numbers are you talking about? I have it on one board with ~1K users...I'd have to check the logs for usage, but it has never seemed to be a problem. I just got back from Seattle and plan to add it to another board.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this up...I just wanted tomake sure it was clear about a small fix. I think I read the fix here...but here it is.

If you have a thread that moves to more than one page, the counter resets to zero! Funny thing...I have had this running on one board, remembered to put the fix in and had NO troubles. I just added it to the Viper Board and forgot the fix and for the life of me could NOT remember what I had done! LOL Someone said the word "unlink" to me and I remembered it all.

In ubb_library2.pl you are supposed to add this line of code
[code][/code]

The fix that I read here (I think) was to OMIT that bit and the counter would count on...and on....

Imagine how silly I felt when I realized this!! LOL

Happy Holidays!

Vip,

I am talking about a forum that does about 10 million page views per month. Would it drastically increase server load?

Let me get some stats for one of the boards I work on. I cannot comment directly as I just recently implemented this feature on the Viper Board and it seems to be doing OK....hits there appear to be over the 10 million mark...but I've only had the counter going for a couple weeks now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63