Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#47305 05/01/2001 6:30 PM
That´s not my idea but a vbb use it where i have a moderator, i don´t know that thing work on a ubb but let me see what our super hackers here say wink

Ok it´s a simple thing , good boards have many members and when too many users on the board then crash sometime the server (our board have a own server and we host another ubb too) , sometime when too many surfing around our server slow down, some webmasters know that is a big problem. Now the Hack.

ok i say i set a limit of 40 users that surf on the board, comes more stop the hack the new guests or members and say them that the maximum users on board plz retry some time later. The server have still the hits board must not load for 70 ppl or so the cgi´s etc.

I think the Problem is now that a vbb use mysql, here must the ubb use some method to identify the users that was on the board or it stops all users.

1 Idea from me is who is online use the ip to identify the guest´s etc the hack must do that too or it requires who is online.

I think that was enough now, i don´t see somewhere that hack or the idea.

*Sorry for my really bad english I hope it´s good enough too understand what i mean*

Sponsored Links
There was a hack made that'll limit the load on the server made by the UBB, and if the load is too much it'll turn people away....maybe someone'll post the URL for you.

I know about that hack but i think this way is better. I know it noot exakt with the other hack but it cut all down then for a short time or? This vbb where i´m a mod makes the way of the maximum load before, i remember this make too much problems. Then use they that and that works much better.

The problem is i know to use a hack and make little modifications but a real hack that´s not my world wink

for that is the question can that or can that not make for the ubb, without the mysql database.

#47308 05/03/2001 12:57 PM
*bump*

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63